Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
billfitz

WCDES Scene Support Trailers?

104 posts in this topic

How about offering to house train and maintain the county assets by one of the Fd's in Westchester? Its apparent the County has no personel for the equipment maybe the best option is to assign it to a local FD.

I've heard that some of the assets (EMS / Fire Gators) that DES has are manned by the Grasslands Fire Brigade and an agreement is in place with a local volunteer department to staff them at other times (Hawthorne I think).

I assume requesting these assets would go through the mutual aid plan - via the Battalion cars or 60 Control - who presumably have their own (secret? :P ) procedures.

Maybe management is still working on the plan for the Scene Support equipment ...... perhaps they can find a way to use it as a way to generate income? Anybody want to rent lots of tents? B)

I'm just going to request every trailer at our next run... doesn't matter what it is, auto alarm or cat in a tree. If I ask for them, they'll have to come right?

firedude likes this

I've heard that some of the assets (EMS / Fire Gators) that DES has are manned by the Grasslands Fire Brigade and an agreement is in place with a local volunteer department to staff them at other times (Hawthorne I think)

They are by Hawthorne and Valhalla FD and in the contract with the County members are to respond to DES pick up the trailers and drop them off at the scene.

Does anybody have a picture of these "Scene Support Trailers"?

Maybe management is still working on the plan for the Scene Support equipment ...... perhaps they can find a way to use it as a way to generate income?

post-957-0-33226600-1298491513.jpg

Edited by PEMO3
PFDRes47cue and firedude like this

I was at the training center today for a Elevator class, the trailer's that we speek of are not avalable because they are blocked in by the DEC flatbed rolloff truck that is used for a I guess broken down trailers that no one knows about ! I think ???????????? maybe????????

Maybe they should have painted them white with ghost lettering :lol:

I've heard that some of the assets (EMS / Fire Gators) that DES has are manned by the Grasslands Fire Brigade and an agreement is in place with a local volunteer department to staff them at other times (Hawthorne I think).

I assume requesting these assets would go through the mutual aid plan - via the Battalion cars or 60 Control - who presumably have their own (secret? :P ) procedures.

Maybe management is still working on the plan for the Scene Support equipment ...... perhaps they can find a way to use it as a way to generate income? Anybody want to rent lots of tents? B)

Yeah but they won't pre stage the gators, they will only roll them in an emergency and by the time they get there you don't need them. :(

Yeah but they won't pre stage the gators, they will only roll them in an emergency and by the time they get there you don't need them. :(

This is not true. Hawthorne FD does a great job of responding its Gator very quickly. We used their Gator two times this past year for our Graham Hills Park Responses Plan. Their Gator was always there quickly.

There has been lots of money spent at wcdes. This money could of been better spent by a fire department that actually responds to emergency's.

Here is an idea Lets use some of the grant money and hire a few emt's and a few ambulance, So 60 control doesnt have to blow up the radio toning out 5 different agency for a EMS Call and making a patient suffer for an ambulance. O the Possablities, BUT THAT WOULD BE TO EASY I GUESS! Lets just RAISE the TAXES for the Selected Few to play!

Here is an idea Lets use some of the grant money and hire a few emt's and a few ambulance, So 60 control doesnt have to blow up the radio toning out 5 different agency for a EMS Call and making a patient suffer for an ambulance. O the Possablities, BUT THAT WOULD BE TO EASY I GUESS! Lets just RAISE the TAXES for the Selected Few to play!

1st, the grants wont cover that, but more importantly why do the communities that provide proper service have to cover those that do not? Either by covering or funding. Either step up to the plate or forfit the game and get another team.

post-172-0-95147800-1298407463.jpg

I'll take three, and I don't even live in Westchester.

While not a Westchester County DES secene support trailer, I did find a Scene Support Trailer in lower Ulster County... Ready to go to any parade or muster at a moments notice.

:)

post-17848-0-05111500-1298579801.jpg

post-17848-0-25319800-1298579825.jpg

post-17848-0-96178800-1298579842.jpg

Edited by 38ff

While not a Westchester County DES secene support trailer, I did find a Scene Support Trailer in lower Ulster County... Ready to go to any parade or muster at a moments notice.

:)

Nice! (Where's the hose straps? lol)