Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
billfitz

WCDES Scene Support Trailers?

104 posts in this topic

It's quite possible there is nothing in them... just speculation. If there was any equipment in there, it should be public knowledge since it was purchased with grant money. Why doesn't someone submit a FOIL request if the county is being so secretive about it?

It doesn't have to be grant money, if it was a line budget item or a capital project/investment then it would be included in their annual budget and not have originated from grants. They may have, I dont know, but it is entirely possible it was not provided by a government grant.

I supposed someone could just ask the Commish. what was in those trailers, that would be pretty easy. I am sure someone on here has a direct line to him.

#1 is a lie i havent seen it at a parade. :rolleyes:. Now i havent been to many wc fires, but i saw it at the white plains multi alarm fire.

I agree, never seen it at a parade. I may be mistaken but doesn't the field Comm respond to two alarms and above? Not that wes see it at many large scale incidents but it does get around. Two years ago we had it in Mount Kisco at a two alarm fire on Lexington Ave. There were pics floating around of it there.

Very interested to hear about these other units. Its great going to the county and seeing all the apparatus (sepcial ops, support trucks, trailers, and the support building) and knowing we have the resources just wish we knew what they had.

By the way talking of county trailers and stuff I haven't heard anything about the MDU's that were distributed around the county. How do you get one of those to respond?

By the way talking of county trailers and stuff I haven't heard anything about the MDU's that were distributed around the county. How do you get one of those to respond?

Try this:

Simply say, "Like a good neighbor, WCDES is there!" on 46.26. Poof, the units show up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I79Jmgb8nyw

Edited by PFDRes47cue

Try this:

Simply say, "Like a good neighbor, WCDES is there!" on 46.26. Poof, the units show up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I79Jmgb8nyw

HAHAHA I tried, no good... lol There is county owned eguipment circulating around that I sure they have lost track of, in that case they will just buy more cool, but worthless crap... Its just the nature of the beast. I have seen the Field Comm as well as the Hazmat teams vehicles on the road before.

Try this:

I would rep this post a thousand times if I could...

Every member should submit a FOIL request as well. If that doesn't work call in the media they love a good political witch hunt.

New Rehab Bus-----

(ALL IN FUN) Edited by hudson144

New Rehab Bus-----

(ALL IN FUN)

What happens if the driver on the right and the one on the left dont agree on which way to go?

It wont work in Westchester for rehab. Our EMS crews requested a Bee Line bus for rehab at the Main Street Church fire last week and the answer was DOT can not provide a bus till 6am.

New Rehab Bus-----

(ALL IN FUN)

Now you did it. WCDES just put out a bid for it and a new build to house it. lol :lol:

I knew for a long time now, but I was sworn to secrecy. I changed my allegiance because these resources are too important to FD persons in the field in the event of a major incident. In good conscience, I could keep this secret no longer. This video will explain what is contained in these trailers, and you will know immediately why there are people on the payroll qualified to operate the resources.Entabulator1.wmv

JimmyPFD and jack10562 like this

What happens if the driver on the right and the one on the left dont agree on which way to go?

It wont work in Westchester for rehab. Our EMS crews requested a Bee Line bus for rehab at the Main Street Church fire last week and the answer was DOT can not provide a bus till 6am.

Comon, Barry...it's called UNIFIED COMMAND

I knew for a long time now, but I was sworn to secrecy. I changed my allegiance because these resources are too important to FD persons in the field in the event of a major incident. In good conscience, I could keep this secret no longer. This video will explain what is contained in these trailers, and you will know immediately why there are people on the payroll qualified to operate the resources.Entabulator1.wmv

File is not working for me on a Mac. Can you fill us in on what the video is about?

Comon, Barry...it's called UNIFIED COMMAND

Wow...then that video proves that ICS does not work....alert helecopter.

File is not working for me on a Mac. Can you fill us in on what the video is about?

Unless you are retired or have your PhD in technobullshit its not comprehendable.

Unless you are retired or have your PhD in technobullshit its not comprehendable.

Just so happens I'm at school for technobullshit...laugh.gif

Just so happens I'm at school for technobullshit...laugh.gif

google entabulator, it will all make sense then

google entabulator, it will all make sense then

Indeed, it all makes sense now.

I was out all day. Sorry for not answering your quandry.

Thanks to those who stepped in and helped.

Here in NJ what have several special resources obtained thru our UASI group. The Regional Catastrophic Planning Group is a separate has a much wider view and includes NYC, Nassau, Suffolk, Westchester, Pike County, PA, and several counties in Conn hugging the NYS line. They do more planning then money providing. One of the projects in a evacuation of NYC, hence Pike County, PA (Rt 80).

The NJ UASI has provided seven counties in NJ with specialized resources for police, fire, EMS, public health, haz mat, and hospitals. This includes the formation of rapid deployment forces for each county, SWAT vehicles, and specialized training for law enforcement; the fire service has several career departments that are equipped with large rescue trucks as part of the Metro USAR Strike Force, foam tenders, 12 inch hose and Neptune pumping systems, fire boats for Jersey City, Newark, and Perth Amboy, and training. For EMS they have provided seven Mass Casualty Response Units, staging trailers, MCI trailers, ASAP mini ambulances, logistics units, and planners for certain regions. We are currently having 9 medical ambulance buses built for the region.

All these resources are used on every day events. Even though the resources are known about there are several departments that will not call for them, thinking they can do everything on their own or be put into the position of having to call for help.

I want an ASAP Mini Ambulance. :)

I want an ASAP Mini Ambulance. :)

There are many flycar medics in Westchester who would be happy with any ambulance arriving within 20 minutes of their onscene time.

Dinosaur likes this

Bee Line should take lessons from LANTA Bus in Allentown, PA. They had 6 buses at the scene of a building explosion within 30 minutes, and it was after midnight. There needs to be communication between EMS/Fire and BeeLine. This is a valuable resource.

There are many flycar medics in Westchester who would be happy with any ambulance arriving within 20 minutes of their onscene time.

AMEN

Bee Line should take lessons from LANTA Bus in Allentown, PA. They had 6 buses at the scene of a building explosion within 30 minutes, and it was after midnight. There needs to be communication between EMS/Fire and BeeLine. This is a valuable resource.

You just hit the nail on the head COMMUNICATION. It is above a lot of the people response to make those decisions pay grade.:lol:

Those are the moving trailers so they don't have to rent U-Hauls when they merge with WCPD. :lol:

So now it is up to Bee Line to be 24 hour emergency responders in addition to bus drivers?

In downtown New Rochelle there must be a building that can be used as a shelter without expecting the bus company to keep drivers on duty around the clock in case an emergency happens. Who's gonna pay for that?

There just needs to be real municipal emergency planning.

dadbo46 likes this

3 pages of posts and still no answer on what is in those trailers or what they're used for.

Sounds like a DES gag order at work.

3 pages of posts and still no answer on what is in those trailers or what they're used for.

Sounds like a DES gag order at work.

They are part of a special dust collection project that is of a highly classified nature.

OoO likes this

They are part of a special dust collection project that is of a highly classified nature.

Thanks for the info. I thought it was something relating to tire wear from lack of use.

I hope they have a big air compressor up there with logos and patches and reflective striping so they fill all the tires on all the vehicles that never move when the feds come to collect all the waste.

Dinosaur, I believe these trailers actually are part of the special task force and carry the bags of highly secretive "dehydrated water" that once on scene are added to a water source and sprayed on a fire to extinguish it. :lol:

So now it is up to Bee Line to be 24 hour emergency responders in addition to bus drivers?

In downtown New Rochelle there must be a building that can be used as a shelter without expecting the bus company to keep drivers on duty around the clock in case an emergency happens. Who's gonna pay for that?

There just needs to be real municipal emergency planning.

If you look at the discussion thread for the New Rochelle 5 Alarm church fire, I asked what was done in terms of rehab. I was answered with,

If it was cold we will make arraingments for warming (in a building or we have heated tents.) It was available and not one member was interested in it.

So there are buildings available if members are interested.