Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
demps121

Firefighter Exam

38 posts in this topic

So what did you think of the Towns and Villages Firefighter exam 3/5/2011?

if traffic was any worse I think they would have had to start using ICS to figure out all of the logistics of getting to the exam. That being said, unsatisfactorily easy would be my words to describe it.

Edited by bvfdjc316

EASY

CAREFUL! You might say it was easy....but is it fair to everyone based purely on racial background?!?! Only the results will tell! You're excellent score, a result of studying for a love of the job no doubt, might not mean a THING! If the job wasn't simply handed to enough of the right people, you might be put into the "second class category" of people who tried hard. You silly bunch!

I hope everyone finds my anger and frustration to be but, thinly veiled...

I found it easy. to bad my proctor couldn't speak a lick of freaking English...took for ever to get started with that guy

Easy. Sure. That's why when the list comes out there's usually fewer than 10 people with 100s. Don't think it was easy unril you get a that thnig in the mail that says you got a 95 or a 100. And a 100 doesn't mean squat if you can't pass CPAT. Put down the doughnuts and get on the stair mill. Now.

Easy. Sure. That's why when the list comes out there's usually fewer than 10 people with 100s. Don't think it was easy unril you get a that thnig in the mail that says you got a 95 or a 100. And a 100 doesn't mean squat if you can't pass CPAT. Put down the doughnuts and get on the stair mill. Now.

If you can't pass the CPAT, you should check to see if you have a pulse.

I thought this exam was unusually hard, there were a lot of trick questions. I noticed this test was quit similar to the Yonkers exam..

I thought this exam was unusually hard, there were a lot of trick questions. I noticed this test was quit similar to the Yonkers exam..

The written tests in NYS (except NYC) are written by NYS Civil Service, so they should be very similar.

My son took the exam and said some questions were easy and some were a bit difficult. He did say it was easier than the NYPD test he took last month.

haha I know of two friends who did.... We carpooled down and wondered what took him so long lol

one guy who happened to be sitting behind me in my room was persistent about finishing the entire test. We kept trying to tell him before it started that he only needed to do the 60. On my way out, he was about 80 questions into the exam, with half the answers missing before it.

If I remember correctly, the proctors were not allowed to help with filling out the paper work, but one kept aiding an individual.....

does anyone know how many people in total took this exam?

How many people did all 105 , and only needed to do 1-60?

x2, and calculator free I might add. Regardless, it was a learning experience and if I do say so, actually kind of fun.

Is there any penalties for doing more than the 60 questions on the test??

I'm sure the only penalty is they'll look at the exam and say, "this guy cannot follow this simple direction.... next"

if traffic was any worse I think they would have had to start using ICS to figure out all of the logistics of getting to the exam. That being said, unsatisfactorily easy would be my words to describe it.

What way did you come down, cause I'm pretty sure I went the same way and it was smooth sailing.

Were you late? lol

So basically you wasted your time answering extra questions and they only grade the first 60??

Yes, immediate failure and from what i've been told by some of the guys who took it and one of the proctors there's goin to be alot of dissapointed people out there. Following the directions was a big part of the exam of which many did not do ive been told. I hope everyone who though it was "easy" don't fall into this catgegory

Edited by FirNaTine

i thought the test was rather easy, a couple people in my room actualy fell asleep during the exam, cant wait to see the results of this exam....when they come out?

i thought the test was rather easy, a couple people in my room actualy fell asleep during the exam, cant wait to see the results of this exam....when they come out?

Thought the test was nice. Our whole room paused during the test to watch White Plains FD Ladder 34 respond past the high school for a call.

if you crossed filed for New Rochelle and The county, you wont get penalized for doing all 105, right?

Yes, immediate failure and from what i've been told by some of the guys who took it and one of the proctors there's goin to be alot of dissapointed people out there. Following the directions was a big part of the exam of which many did not do ive been told. I hope everyone who though it was "easy" don't fall into this catgegory

Are you serious? If so a lot of people in my room are in that same boat. Does anyone know how long it takes to get the results back?

Are you serious? If so a lot of people in my room are in that same boat. Does anyone know how long it takes to get the results back?

This is what some of my friends were told by the proctors. They said if u did more then you were required to do it's automatic failure and alot of guys did just that. The proctors said they couldn't believe how many people didn't read the directions.

I just got off the phone with Westchester County. The guy in charge of the testing said there is NO penalty and NO disqualification for answering more than the 60 questions.

Edited by Chenzo312

Dont panic folks.wait til you get your results.