Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
billy98988

Pleasantville Police Officer named Officer of the Year

39 posts in this topic

PLEASANTVILLE — A decision by Pleasantville's police union to name Aaron Hess "Officer of the Year" has enraged the parents of the Pace University football player he shot dead in an act they called "murder."

Lo Hud

Congratulations.

Edited by billy98988
dashield and PFDRes47cue like this

Screw the family of DJ Henry. I for one am sick of their sh*t. He tried to run down a police officer and died in the process. Boohoo but I dont lose any sleep on it. I congratulate PO Hess for this award and commiserate the split second decision he made, while that decision needed another individual life, the decision was made to protect the officers life and public safety in general.

he did the job he was trained to do, and still has his own life.

this "award" is borderline tasteless since the feds are still investigating, PPD PBA should've waited until all investigations are closed. I'm sure he will be acquitted on these accounts, but Mr. Henry (the father) is politically powerful man; i guess we will see how this plays out

Congratulations to Officer Hess. Hopefully his enjoyment of this award won't be short lived though. Unfortunately the U.S. Justice Department under the Obama administration seems to obsessed with race, and more often than not sides with minorities even when it seems blatantly obvious that there is no overt discrimination. Hopefully they see this incident for the unfortunate tragedy that it was and just let it go to rest.

As far as I am concerned, Aaron SAVED lives that night. What would have happened if DJ Henry drove off and killed one of the hundreds of kids that were running amok through the shopping center? Or an innocent person if he managed to get out on the road? The Henry Family is obviously not seeing the "what COULD have happened"! They could have easily been on the "other side of the fence" and being sued by a family who's loved one was run down by their drunk son - because as we all know, drunk drivers have been known to kill or mame.

I just hope that Aaron makes a full recovery - I, for one, have missed working with him!!!

I could not agree more with Gaw6. The family of DJ Henry needs to at least make an attempt to see the "what could have happened" side. It is no secret that Aaron is a hero. It also is not a mystery of why he is a hero and an outstanding Police Officer. Aaron did everything he was trained to do to the highest level possible. It is a shame that this tragedy occurred but, but further tragedy was undoubtedly avoided thanks to Aaron.

My thought and prayers are still with Aaron, his wife, and two kids. My hopes for full and speedy recovery. As Gaw6 stated, I also miss working with Aaron.

Edited by PFDRes47cue

Screw the family of DJ Henry. I for one am sick of their sh*t. He tried to run down a police officer and died in the process. Boohoo but I dont lose any sleep on it. I congratulate PO Hess for this award and commiserate the split second decision he made, while that decision needed another individual life, the decision was made to protect the officers life and public safety in general.

Hell may freeze over because for once, I agree with your post!

he did the job he was trained to do, and still has his own life.

this "award" is borderline tasteless since the feds are still investigating, PPD PBA should've waited until all investigations are closed. I'm sure he will be acquitted on these accounts, but Mr. Henry (the father) is politically powerful man; i guess we will see how this plays out

Disagree.

Hell may freeze over because for once, I agree with your post!

Disagree.

thats nice

i'm not saying he doesn't deserve the award, but i am saying if the feds indict Mr. Hess, it will look poorly for the PBA. I do not think that Mr. Hess should be indicted with anything, BUT (again) Mr. Henry has very powerful connections and we should ALL be worried that he might use them to "avenge" his son.

i'm just looking at the facts and the reality of this

Edited by EMSer

BRAVO for the PBA.

They are standing behind one of their own.

In a world where everyone runs for cover they stand shoulder to shoulder with their comrade.

They should be commended, not second guessed.

BRAVO for the PBA.

They are standing behind one of their own.

In a world where everyone runs for cover they stand shoulder to shoulder with their comrade.

They should be commended, not second guessed.

and what happens if he is indicted on federal charges?

There's a difference between "indicted" and "convicted." DoJ under Obama/Holder LOVES to second guess police officers.

Hats off to the PPD PBA, Officer Hess deserves this award.

PFDRes47cue likes this

Then they should continue to support him, just because the federal government may bring charges in a case doesn't mean they are warranted. Look at some of the Justice Departments recent choices of cases to pursue, especially in the emergency services field, some of them are absurd. The PBA obviously believes in PO Hess and what he did, as do I. Noone should back away from this man simply because there could possibly be an indictment against him, people need to stand up for what they believe in and show their support.

There's a difference between "indicted" and "convicted." DoJ under Obama/Holder LOVES to second guess police officers.

Hats off to the PPD PBA, Officer Hess deserves this award.

you are right, i stand corrected

so, what happends if he is convicted?

just because the federal government may bring charges in a case doesn't mean they are warranted.

wow dude...wow...

again i ask - what if he is convicted?

will your response be "just because the federal government may convict someone doesn't mean they are guilty?"

maybe?...then that quote is possible for every individual convicted of a crime (irony: today westchester county awarded Jeff Deckovic $6.5 million for a wrongful conviction case)

take down the blue wall and think people, just think for God sakes!!

sometimes i read posts on here and wonder what planet this forum is from

Police Officer Aaron Hess is a hero and saved lives the night that Criminal Danroy Henry attempted to run over Police Officers and may have killed civilians in the process. Its very simple:

1) PO Hess = good guy. :)

2) Criminal Henry = bad guy. :(

Any questions?

Police Officer Aaron Hess is a hero and saved lives the night that Criminal Danroy Henry attempted to run over Police Officers and may have killed civilians in the process. Its very simple:

1) PO Hess = good guy. :)

2) Criminal Henry = bad guy. :(

Any questions?

I'd rep this 1000 times if I could. WELL DONE!

SageVigiles likes this

wow dude...wow...

will your response be "just because the federal government may convict someone doesn't mean they are guilty?"

maybe?...then that quote is possible for every individual convicted of a crime (irony: today westchester county awarded Jeff Deckovic $6.5 million for a wrongful conviction case)

I am curious as to what planet you are from, based on your logic everyone should be assumed to be guilty until every avenue of possible prosecution has been exhausted and the person still comes out clean. The man was acquitted of any crime by a grand jury, the Justice Department didn't pick this case up because there were questionable police practices, they picked it up because the race issue was inflamed by the family and other prominent race baiters like Al Sharpton, and that fits with the agenda of the current administration in the Justice Department. Blue wall? What on earth are you talking about? I am not a police officer nor do I know anyone involved with any aspect of this case. I simply have made my own judgements based on all the evidence presented, just like the grand jury did. The man was acquitted and the last time I checked on this planet, in this country, you are innocent until proven guilty.

redmack likes this

wow dude...wow...

" Take down the blue wall ? " Sometimes the blue wall is all we have because it seems that we have ZERO support from the communities we serve.

You ask what planet this forum is from ? The rest of us are from planet reality, how about you ?

dj henrys father is connected where ? Just because some hack civil rights leaders are leading himn around by the nose in no way makes him connected.

I applaud the PBA for giving this award to P.O. Hess.... he saved lives that night and is a hero.. END OF STORY

As far as the feds go, they are on a witch hunt in westchester county and will stop at nothing to hang a cop, even if it's under false pretenses... we all remember how the FBI agent that was investigating Det. Quinoy in Sleppy Hollow tampered with evidence to try to get a conviction.

But no matter what the feds say, it will not change the fact that PO Hess is the Pleasantville PBA's officer of the year !!!

thats nice

i'm not saying he doesn't deserve the award, but i am saying if the feds indict Mr. Hess, it will look poorly for the PBA. I do not think that Mr. Hess should be indicted with anything, BUT (again) Mr. Henry has very powerful connections and we should ALL be worried that he might use them to "avenge" his son.

i'm just looking at the facts and the reality of this

First of all, his father doesn't appear to be politically powerful at all. Ever see him interviewed; he's barely articulate, let alone powerful. And second, your posts in general are baseless. You seem to imply it's not only possible, but even likely the Feds will pursue this case. What do you base this on? All of these incidents are reviewed by the Feds, only the most egregious are pursued, and by all standards, this case is far from egregious. Your bias is palpable, groundless, but palpable nonetheless.

helicopper, grumpyff and Just a guy like this

DoJ under Obama/Holder LOVES to second guess police officers.

Can you be a little more specific?

CONGRATS Officer Hess!!!!! He totally deserved this award. I am even more proud work so closely with them. He saved a lot of people that night. I miss working with Officer Hess, I continue to wish him a speedy recovery!

"I AM PPD AND MPPD" :D

Can you be a little more specific?

East Haven, CT Police - Alleged "racial profiling" because POs are pulling over more illegal immigrants is being investigated by the FBI. Well illegal immigrants don't have drivers licenses, right? So its reasonable to believe they would make more mistakes driving.

Cambridge, MA Police - Obama says a CPD Officer "Acted stupidly" when he arrested a man who appeared to be breaking into a house that ended up being his, igniting a national arguement.

These are just two that I followed, I'm sure a google search would find you plenty more.

East Haven, CT Police - Alleged "racial profiling" because POs are pulling over more illegal immigrants is being investigated by the FBI. Well illegal immigrants don't have drivers licenses, right? So its reasonable to believe they would make more mistakes driving.

Cambridge, MA Police - Obama says a CPD Officer "Acted stupidly" when he arrested a man who appeared to be breaking into a house that ended up being his, igniting a national arguement.

These are just two that I followed, I'm sure a google search would find you plenty more.

Yes, but those two examples are very different from widespread investigation/prosecution of police. In the first example, you admit (and seem to consent) to profiling, and in the second, that was an opinion, a far stretch from any official policy or action of the DoJ. So to make a blanket statement that the DoJ is being overly aggressive against law enforcement seems unfounded (just my opinion).

SRS131EMTFF likes this

From the article on Lohud:

"It's a group of about 20 men supporting their friend," said Angella Henry, D.J. Henry's mom. "DJ had over 2,500 people at his Celebration of Life. It speaks to the arrogance and inhumane treatment that our family has had to endure since October 17th. Aaron Hess is currently under investigation by the Justice Department. I guess he can kill an innocent person and be named officer of the year. I would be worried if I lived in the county. It will happen again and the next officer will receive an award. This gives a negative strike against all of the upstanding and honest officers."

I don't know about you all, but reading this a few times just made me more and more upset. Kill an innocent person? I am not one who is as savvy with the inner workings of the law as some of the members (hats off to all of you officers) but hitting a police officer with a car does not make you an innocent person. Then the last few lines are even better, taking shots at pretty much all of the officers in Westchester. I just really think this is full of so much (insert word) and I hope that at the end of all this litigation they're finally going to run out of things to complain about. Congrats on your award Officer Hess, I wish you the best on your continuing recovery from your injury and this mess.

Edited by nwpfdjr27
Just a guy and grumpyff like this

I for one applaud officer hess in his actions and for the award. It seems lately police officers are second guessing their actions in the field, and almost everyday i read another pd lodd. Im glad officer hess didnt hesitate and is still here today.

Yes, but those two examples are very different from widespread investigation/prosecution of police. In the first example, you admit (and seem to consent) to profiling, and in the second, that was an opinion, a far stretch from any official policy or action of the DoJ. So to make a blanket statement that the DoJ is being overly aggressive against law enforcement seems unfounded (just my opinion).

How can you not consent to profiling in some form or another in Law Enforcement? If you are on the look out for a white male who is 5"7 wearing a red shirt who just robbed a bank, aren't you canvasing the area, looking for that specific profile?

I can't believe people are shocked at the Henry family being pissed at this. Lose a child and see how reasonable you become. The family is pissed and will always be pissed. Their kid did something stupid and got himself killed. This wasn't a malicious or pre-meditated attack on Officer Hess. So the family has to come to grips with that. They have no villain or clear reason to hold on to and explain the loss of their child. Any number of things happen differently that night, Officer Hess never has to kill anyone, he never gets his leg broken, and DJ goes home alive.

Wait, so we're expecting the Henry family to essentially say, "Thanks for shooting my son and saving us the stress and burden of a wrongful death suit in the event that he might have stuck and killed someone that night."

The DOJ will eventually exonerate Aaron of wrong doing, he should enjoy his award, and we should write off the Henry's claims as irrational and the result of emotional trauma.

dmc2007, bigrig77, roeems87 and 3 others like this

I can't believe people are shocked at the Henry family being pissed at this. Lose a child and see how reasonable you become. The family is pissed and will always be pissed. Their kid did something stupid and got himself killed. This wasn't a malicious or pre-meditated attack on Officer Hess. So the family has to come to grips with that. They have no villain or clear reason to hold on to and explain the loss of their child. Any number of things happen differently that night, Officer Hess never has to kill anyone, he never gets his leg broken, and DJ goes home alive.

Wait, so we're expecting the Henry family to essentially say, "Thanks for shooting my son and saving us the stress and burden of a wrongful death suit in the event that he might have stuck and killed someone that night."

The DOJ will eventually exonerate Aaron of wrong doing, he should enjoy his award, and we should write off the Henry's claims as irrational and the result of emotional trauma.

I guess I reached my Rep quote for the day, but...

+1 Rep

How can you not consent to profiling in some form or another in Law Enforcement? If you are on the look out for a white male who is 5"7 wearing a red shirt who just robbed a bank, aren't you canvasing the area, looking for that specific profile?

"Criminal profiling" and "racial profiling" are two very different things. Professional law enforcement officers know the difference!

helicopper likes this

Mourning and slandering are different emotions. The Henry's are relying heavily on the latter, and less on the former.

nwpfdjr27 likes this