Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NHFD21255

Vill. of Fishkill - Foam & Wash Fire - 8/3/11

23 posts in this topic

Good shots - post more if you have them - I have been waiting for Jetphoto or Photounit to post up..

I listened to that fire from the beginning...awesome job by 42-1...never met him but he is always a professional..as are his men.

And PECO's "truck" has seen more fire duty that alot of the area's "real" ladders...I love that rig!

Love me some Big City Fries to boot!

Good job fellas.

x635 and firefighter36 like this

Nice shots! I guess I wont be stopping by to power wash my Jeep this weekend! Keep the pics coming!

x635 likes this

Good shots - post more if you have them - I have been waiting for Jetphoto or Photounit to post up..

I listened to that fire from the beginning...awesome job by 42-1...never met him but he is always a professional..as are his men.

And PECO's "truck" has seen more fire duty that alot of the area's "real" ladders...I love that rig!

Good job fellas.

I have some others when I go thru them I post more. Hopefully Jet will post his up too. I didnt see Bill there taking any.

I've know Dean for a while now and he did a great job last night as well as everyone that was there. I arrived about 10 minutes into the fire and it was all pretty much knocked down. There was ALOT of fire when they arrived and they did a great job knocking it down.

As for PECO's Truck, when they get rid of it I'd give my left ,,,, to have it in my house

x635 and x129K like this

Can anyone provide a rundown of what apparatus was there? I heard a lot of dispatches and lost rrack of what was called. The pictures on the Poughkeepsie Journal website show a LTI Tower Ladder. Is this Beacon 32-45? I know PECO has a stick and Rombout has a Sutphen.

x635 likes this

Can anyone provide a rundown of what apparatus was there? I heard a lot of dispatches and lost rrack of what was called. The pictures on the Poughkeepsie Journal website show a LTI Tower Ladder. Is this Beacon 32-45? I know PECO has a stick and Rombout has a Sutphen.

Beacon had the ALF/LTI tower ladder there.

Chief Schofield is a great guy and an even better fire officer and PECO is a top notch FD in this area.

x635 likes this

nice pics guys! thanks for sharing... did they ever find out what the cause was?

x635 likes this

Good job fellas.

Excuse my ignorance when I ask who is PECO and what about their "truck" is so special?

Excuse my ignorance when I ask who is PECO and what about their "truck" is so special?

Protection Engine Company and Dan (129x) loves "Trucks"!!!!!!

Apparatus shots working the fire

FishkillFoamandWash7-3-2011039.jpg

Love this shot of Beacon's Ladder

x635 likes this

PECO, is Protection Engine COmpany, the Village of Fishkill.

Their truck is special because it isnt even a truck..it is numbered as an engine! If I recall, the ladder is 65 or 68 feet, which is too short to meet the County criteria of a ladder truck (75 feet I think?)...HOWEVER, the members of PECO have done more with that truck than alot of other departments with true ladders..Look through fdphotunit's galleries of fires down south (Dutchess) and you will see PECO, usually the first due ladder, witht the stick up. Not knocking ANY other departments, just giving credit, where credit is due.

x635 and markmets415 like this

Great shots! It seems like Dutchess County is a busy place.

Quint, 42-12

1997 Ferrara

1500 GPM Pump

500 Gallon Tank

65 Foot Aerial Ladder

Very interesting piece! Especially given the year. I don't even know if or who sold Ferrara's in the north yet, or if they even were building ladder trucks. I know their aerials right now come from Smeal, but who built the actual aerial device? I would imagine 65' was all the ladder could take structurally when it has to accomodate low profile.

From only seeing the photo of it posed and it at work, I agree with x129k. It is a great looking truck, that seems to be very well spec'd for the area it serves and can get in where other trucks can't. Also, does this truck still have to fit into a very small bay (seem low height and short wheelbase/body), and when it is replaced, is there any manufacturer that could do this nowadays?

http://fishkillfd.org/staticpages/index.php?page=apparatus

Great shots! It seems like Dutchess County is a busy place.

Very interesting piece! Especially given the year. I don't even know if or who sold Ferrara's in the north yet, or if they even were building ladder trucks. I know their aerials right now come from Smeal, but who built the actual aerial device? I would imagine 65' was all the ladder could take structurally when it has to accomodate low profile.

From only seeing the photo of it posed and it at work, I agree with x129k. It is a great looking truck, that seems to be very well spec'd for the area it serves and can get in where other trucks can't. Also, does this truck still have to fit into a very small bay (seem low height and short wheelbase/body), and when it is replaced, is there any manufacturer that could do this nowadays?

http://fishkillfd.or...?page=apparatus

Judging by the logo just behind the tip of the aerial, it appears to be build by R.K. Aerial. R.K. is now known as Rosenbauer Aerials, who according to their website offer a 60' aerial.

Sorry for the delay on these photos. I took them with my iPhone and a video if anyone is interested. I was on the back side of the foam & wash next to the Gap building.

post-21422-0-42883300-1312737376.jpg

post-21422-0-12603000-1312737487.jpg

post-21422-0-18175400-1312737502.jpg

post-21422-0-52569100-1312737521.png

post-21422-0-28031000-1312737868.png

Edited by xfirefighter484x
Photos Posted in Wrong Section, Also in a New Thread - Merged With Existing Thread
eric12401, upstate2006 and x635 like this

Great Photos! I just posted some pictures of this fire today, not the greatest pictures but good enough.

The Village gets a lot of work going mutual aid to a LOT of surrounding departments. That truck has seen a LOT of action, the guys are well trained, and awesome to work with!!

Here is a couple of pictures for reference:

pecostation.jpg

b_img_0177.jpg

78f1df7f49a3123e6fc69f49fb7b5a20.jpg

All Above Image Credit to the Village of Fishkill FD Website, http://fishkillfd.org/

Fishkill%20Protection%20Engine.JPG

Credit For The Above Image to New Hackensack FD Website, http://www.nkfd.org/

x129K likes this

Good job fellas.

Dan,

Dean Scofield is Car 1 and does a great job there. They have a great bunch of guys there and do the job right. Always have that "truck" going somewhere and ground ladders are always being used. I enjoy working with the guys at FFD and had the pleasure to work with them on the Saulsbury they bought a few years ago!

x129K likes this