Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
firedude

LoHud: N.Y. troopers make 2nd-highest salaries in nation

12 posts in this topic

They risk their lives every day in the service of New York's citizens. But state troopers — ubiquitous in their blue and gold cruisers on New York's interstate highways — are also well-paid for the job, averaging $112,537 for all ranks in 2010, a Poughkeepsie Journal study of state payroll records shows.

Full Article

All I am going to say is that these troopers deserve every bit of it!

prucha25 likes this

I could probably match that after 98 years as a field paramedic.

x129K likes this

I am not going to even mention the $ part of the article because they deserve it like many other emergency responders, what really stands out in my mind is that the NYSP requires high standards to be a trooper! Hats off to them, raise standards not lower them is the route all should be taking.

Edited by hudson144
BFD1054 likes this

Like the Union say's they should paid accordingly... In my opinion the media should try and report on real news instead of printing peoples salaries in the public sector. They are beating a dead horse...

If people b**** in the private sector an easy solution is go and train and take the test and then you can risk your life to help others.

Chris

firedude likes this

Cops get paid "too much" according to the government all over. It doesn't take into account the cost of living, and the risk every tour the fact they might lose their life.

Cops aren't just cops anymore. They are highly trained to deal with a variety of criminal incidents, many of which they have to put their life directly on the line, from active shooters to terrorism to gangs,and so much more. And when they pull their gun, they have to worry their life or their career? Troopers have to also worry about working on some of the nations deadliest highways, as well as protecting one of the most visible states and cities in the world.

firedude and Just a guy like this

The reporter who filed this story is the same one who put out a similar story on Firefighter salaries in Dutchess County in December 2010.

Edited by mbendel36

The reporter who filed this story is the same one who put out a similar story on Firefighter salaries in Dutchess County in December 2010. I think it's rather obvious that she has an agenda.....

Great point mbendel! It seems shes not the only one with an agenda these days. Everyone has become very quick to b***h about the salaries of LEO's, firefighters and even DPW employees.

The NY State Police was one of the lowest paying LE agencies for YEARS, but they still held their members to high standards. Its only now that the salaries of the NYSP have started to come up that it is news worthy.

To the NYSP members on here...congrats, its about time. Thank you for your service and for keeping us safe.

The reporter who filed this story is the same one who put out a similar story on Firefighter salaries in Dutchess County in December 2010. I think it's rather obvious that she has an agenda.....

Your buddy MaryBeth?

x129K likes this

Everyone has become very quick to b***h about the salaries of LEO's, firefighters and even DPW employees.

This is in Sunday's Poughkeepise Urinal (Journal). It's the same old BS that's always written on a regular basis regarding public employees. The only thing different are the names and places. You don't need the paper to bring it out, it's public info. It's all over the internet. I think the one's with their panties bunched up over it are just jealous.

BFD1054 likes this

Congrats to my brothers and sisters in the NYSP, it is well deserved ! I have had the pleasure of working on assignments with uniformed troopers and also with the guys in the violent felony warrant squad and the c-net team (community narcotics enforcement) and they are all gentlemen and all very professional.

I could probably match that after 98 years as a field paramedic.

One of the reasons for that, Goose, and you know this, is because there are those in this profession who don't care about anyone or anything besides themselves and would step over another medic to take their job. There's no solidarity and there's no incentive for employers to increase compensation because the system is so badly fragmented.

The article is deceptive because it factors in overtime and represents that as the troopers' base pay. It isn't and with the State not hiring troopers in almost three years there's only going to be more or we're all going to be seeing fewer and fewer troopers out there.

Just another in a long line of anti-police articles by the Journal News and their subsidiaries.

Just a guy and BFD1054 like this

One of the reasons for that, Goose, and you know this, is because there are those in this profession who don't care about anyone or anything besides themselves and would step over another medic to take their job. There's no solidarity and there's no incentive for employers to increase compensation because the system is so badly fragmented.

The article is deceptive because it factors in overtime and represents that as the troopers' base pay. It isn't and with the State not hiring troopers in almost three years there's only going to be more or we're all going to be seeing fewer and fewer troopers out there.

Just another in a long line of anti-police articles by the Journal News and their subsidiaries.

Exactly Chris, this from the State Police website:

Salary, Promotions, Benefits and Retirement

Starting Base Salary

Effective April 1, 2010

$50,374 - Starting salary (during Academy training)

$66,905 - Upon graduation from the Academy

$71,261 - After one year

$84,739 - After five years

Salaries do not include: Longevity compensation; hazardous duty compensation; expanded duty pay or additional location compensation for New York City and the following counties: Dutchess, Nassau, Orange, Putnam, Rockland, Suffolk, and Westchester.