Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IzzyEng4

Condolences to Willy D (nfd2004)

20 posts in this topic

I have some sad news to report, our good friend and brother Willy D (NFD2004)lost his wife to cancer. I received the information today from another site we are both involved with.

Please keep Willy and his family in your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.

Izzy

Edited by IzzyEng4

Oh man, that's the worst news. Willy just lost a brother not long ago. He's been at his wife's side, tending to her needs, they've been together for many many years, and he loved her very much. I know this from conversations I've had with Brother Willy over time. We've developed a phone based friendship, and I have to say it's because of this site that started. He's an awesome guy, and I'm sure he's devastated losing his wife now.

Please everybody, keep retired Fire Captain Willy Dennis in your prayers.

God Rest his wife.

And now I've got a sad phone call to make.

My thoughts and prayers are with you NFD2004, may she rest in peace. Reach out if you need to talk.

My sincere condolences Willy..................May she be at peace now

I offer my condolances. I can't imagine how terrible that must be.

Just got off the phone with Brother Willy. He wanted to relay thanks to any and all of you who offer prayers and condolences.

Regarding the Wake and Funeral information; there is none to relay. As per the family wishes the wake and funeral will be a private family affair.

God Rest Mrs. Dennis, she was 54 years old.

NFD2004, I am so sorry for the tragic loss of your wife to a horrible disease. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

If I can do anything for you or your family, please let me know. My email is seth@emtbravo.com

Thank you to all. My wife Helen, who I called "Pumpkin" gave up her battle with lung cancer on Saturday morning Oct 1, 2011. She was such a good wife. Very mellow and low keyed. To this day, she looked the same way she did when I married her on Oct 9, 1976. Even after all those chemo and cancer treatments, she could still pass for a beautiful 25 year old. She just never aged.

Our first date was on Valentines Day, February 14, 1975. We went to see a new movie out about a high rise fire called "Towering Infernio". I told her that I was on the list to get on the fire dept. But I really don't think she was too impressed.

Our second date, I had to stop back home because I had forgotten to take the tickets for the show we were going to see. I invited her in for a few minutes and she talked with my mother. Later when I came home, she said to me "that's the girl you're going to marry". She was right and we would have celebrated our 34th Wedding Anniversary on Oct 9th.

"Pumpkin" was an Angel. She died peacefully at Backus Hospital in Norwich, Ct. Those nurses were the Greatest.

Thank you for sharing you thoughts with us during this difficult time. I don't know if I ever could be as strong as you. I admire your devotion and love, and it sounds like you two were made for each other.

I'm glad you know she died peacefully after that heroic fight.

I have had many friends and family taken from me by cancer, and I hope that one day they just make it into the common cold. It just seem the cancer rates are growing and growing.

God bless you, and god bless your wife who will be looking down on you with pride until you two are reunited. My prayers are with you.

Willy, I offer my sincerest condolances for your loss. God bless and keep Mrs. Dennis. May she eternally rest in peace. My thoughts and prayers are with you both.

I know that you will be together with her again some day.

Edited by sfrd18

willy,

as i posted on the ct boards, my prayers are with you. please, do not hesitate to contact me if there is anything i can do.

joe

Willy my condolences and prayers go to you and your family. May she rest in peace.

Sorry for your loss, and may God look over her.

Thank you all very much for the very kind words and "PMs" I recieved. They mean so much. Its nice to know that there are friends out there that care so much. Some of who I don't even know.

One of the "PMs" I recieved was from a member in Texas. He had told me how his wife of 33 years had passed away from cancer on Christmas Day 8 years ago.

An E-mail I recieved from a good friend of mine who was a retired Bridgeport, Ct Firefighter and later became a Deputy Chief in Fairfield, Ct told me how he lost his wife, Kathy, two and a half years ago. Every month he goes to the cemetary on her monthly anniversary to visit her.

On another web site I recieved a "PM" from a Firefighter in Waterbury, Ct of how his then 15 year old son was diagonised with brain cancer. His son is now 21 years old and about to enter the United States Air Force to defend Our Country. He was treated in Boston using the "Jimmy Fund".

When I as a "Probie Firefighter" in Norwich, Ct I remember catching a small one or two room fire. It was pretty hot, and smokey. The guy on the line with me kept saying; "Move in, don't give up, don't give up". And that's what we have to do with this cancer. "Don't Give Up".

There has been a huge amount of progress with this cancer battle. When my wife Helen first got this cancer in November, 2009 we were told that her lung cancer had already spread to her brain. There were six spots that had to be taken care of. We made the trip to Yale New Haven Hospital where they used a new machine called "Gamma Knife Radiation". There they were able to completely get rid of those tumors and it was fairly painless. That machine had only been developed a few years earlier in Pittsburgh. If it had been a few years earlier, she wouldn't have had a chance. It gave us more time together. But we sure still have a long way to go. This battle is by far over. Cancer is affecting so many people these days.

I guess what I really want to say is please try to help the best you can when it comes to donations like The Cancer Society, or the Jimmy Fund. They have made a huge difference over the years. But there is still a long way to go.

I do want to mention that my wife Helen donated her eyes to the National Eye Bank at the time of her death, so that rght now, someone who was NOT able to see, can now see. I am told that at some point I will recieve a letter describing the person who recieved this gift. When I do, I will be sure to pass it on.

Again, Thank you so much for your concern and kind words. And "Pumpkin" I Love you so much. I'm sure gonna miss you. Rest in Peace "Punk".

x635, ny10570, IzzyEng4 and 4 others like this

Willy,

Mine and my family's most sincere condolences on your loss. May your wife rest in peace and your memories of your life together never fade. Our hearts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Cogs

efdcapt115 likes this

I lost my dad to cancer a little over a year ago. He would say that you cant escape the "big C". It is a horrible disease and my prayer is that the cure come soon!

May she rest with the angels and the saints! So sorry for your lost but remember her phyical presence might be gone but her spirit and memories lives in your heart forever!

efdcapt115 likes this

Thank you all for those kind words.

My wife Helen was in Excellent physical shape before getting this lung cancer in November, 2009. She Never smoked, Never was around second hand smoke, always ate right, and always exercised. But I am Not the only one to have such a huge loss. Recently, two of my good friends also lost their wives from lung cancer, and it is the same story with their excellent health history and lifestyle factors.

All three wives had these factors in common.

1) All passed away from lung cancer in their mid 50s. (54,55,56 years old)

2) All had been in "Excellent physical health" before being diagonised with this disease.

3) All NEVER Smoked and were never exposed to second hand smoke

4) All were married to firefighters

5) All of them never had any children.

These three victims of this lung disease have all passed away within the last two years. Is it possible that there could be a link to any of these factors and lung cancer ?

efdcapt115 likes this