Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
joetnymedic

Yet another "new" way to get drunk/high?

30 posts in this topic

one of my friends was telling me about this and I thought she was out of her mind. guess I was wrong. anyone seeing this out there?

ok, so now I stand corrected, not only is this not new but kids are also doing alcohol enemas as well as vodka eyeball shots. This has been out there for awhile but the kids are just starting to have a surge in numbers. the eyeball thing had me going too until i read the story about a 22 y/o college girl going blind from this crap. And why haven't I seen this stuff out there and why the hell doesn't my kids school know about this stuff either? I'd rather have his rights violated if they suspect this crap then wind up with him dead or blind.

ok, so now I stand corrected, not only is this not new but kids are also doing alcohol enemas as well as vodka eyeball shots. This has been out there for awhile but the kids are just starting to have a surge in numbers. the eyeball thing had me going too until i read the story about a 22 y/o college girl going blind from this crap. And why haven't I seen this stuff out there and why the hell doesn't my kids school know about this stuff either? I'd rather have his rights violated if they suspect this crap then wind up with him dead or blind.

Indeed, this is not new, neither are the enemas. There is also a large obsession with funneling beers up the arse. Kids are not stupid, they know that alcohol has to get into the bloodstream to be effective...why not choose the most direct route. Perhaps vodka IV's will be next. It also does not help that arse funneling was one of the skits in a Jackass movie...

Edited by PFDRes47cue

I'm sorry but the video isn't working for me as I'm on a school computer.....what's happening?

I'm sorry but the video isn't working for me as I'm on a school computer.....what's happening?

Same here, but work, not school..

HOWEVER, I see they are mentioning things in rearends..so i am kinda glad it aint working!

BFD1054 likes this

Yes it has been around for years and I think was mentioned in a movie or two (maybe American Pie). Listen kids, Alcohol goes in your mouth ONLY not your eyes, nose, butt or vagina's.

Kids always after the next new high, and it's been happening forever. nothing new.

Edited by JetPhoto
peterose313 and ny10570 like this

kids these days are soaking tampons with vodka and inserting it into their vaginas/rectums as a faster way to get drunk. It bypasses the stomach acid and all that so there's no gag reflex to tell you you've had enough and it enters the bloodstream a lot faster as a result.

havent een it here (yet) maybe someone who works EMS on a college campus has. and can shed some light on this interesting yet strange new fad...

This is the first I have heard about this, seems like a lot of trouble to go though to get drunk..

That awkward moment when the guy who first tried this had to explain to his friends how he got drunk without drinking a sip..... :blink:

BFD1054 likes this

This is nothing new. The majority of alcohol and most fluid absorption occurs in the small intestine. By skipping the stomach you can enjoy larger quantities in shorter amounts of time, but enough "practice" and you can consume just as much orally. Years ago reports of alcohol enemas were related to efforts at defeating breathalyzers while today it seems to be the misguided notion of rectal or vaginal gets you drunker. Vaginal, while bypassing mesenteric portal and first pass through the liver can't overcome the greater speed with which the intestines can absorb booze.

Vodka in the eye was about as popular as the cinnamon challenge. For such a national scourge that was going to blind America's college age youth it faded away pretty fast. Vodka tampons are at best just as popular, but probably much less.

This is popular for girls during "pregaming" before leaving for a party. I have heard of girls doing this prior to having to walk to a bar or a party, this way they are drunk when they get their. All they need to do is go to the bathroom and remove it at some point when they get to the bar or party. The only problem is that they usually end up much more intoxicated then expected and much earlier in the night. It also becomes a problem when someone becomes sick and now a smart friend has to remove the tampon from their friend...no thanks.

This is popular for girls during "pregaming" before leaving for a party. I have heard of girls doing this prior to having to walk to a bar or a party, this way they are drunk when they get their. All they need to do is go to the bathroom and remove it at some point when they get to the bar or party. The only problem is that they usually end up much more intoxicated then expected and much earlier in the night. It also becomes a problem when someone becomes sick and now a smart friend has to remove the tampon from their friend...no thanks.

Its been a while since I used a tampon to stop a bloody nose, but I don't see them holding more then an ounce or two of fluid. Anyone who's pregameing before hitting the bar can handle one or two shots. This is hype and people are not getting hammered off these.

I've drank a lot of booze in my life and at one point even admittedly had a problem with it but even when I was at my worst I would never even consider doing something like this..... vodka in your a**, vodka in your eye.... people's stupidity never ceases to amaze me

BFD1054 likes this

Its been a while since I used a tampon to stop a bloody nose, but I don't see them holding more then an ounce or two of fluid. Anyone who's pregameing before hitting the bar can handle one or two shots. This is hype and people are not getting hammered off these.

They hold more or less a shots worth of fluid. I also don't see the vast majority of people getting hammered off this and i don't really see it making the abuse of alcohol by younger and younger teens worse. This is as much of an issue as the 14 year olds we pick up who are blitzed after two beers or two shots. Likewise, i don't see my treatment changing much.

The bigger problem, as far as i've seen as i don't have children, are the parents who fail to properly parent their children. How many young intoxes have you taken to the ER who's parents have been "OH SALLY/TOMMY ITS GOING TO BE OK! I JUST WANT YOU TO BE BETTER AGAIN!" My parents always made me ride out the misery of being married to the porcelain queen for a night and made sure i payed for my actions despite the hangover. I think it worked.

JohnnyOV likes this

Slightly different than shoving a vodka soaked tampon in your rectum or who-ha, kids from my old high school have thought of something way more in-genius.

Teenagers Use Gummy Candy to Hide Alcohol

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Teenagers-Gummy-Candy-Alcohol-Boozy-Bears-133505668.html

I think it is safe to say that we can consider kids trying to get high/drunk kinda like mini junkies, give them long enough and they will find away to score and get intoxicated. Education is certainly not the answer considering I never did anything this dumb and I received the same education as the kids in the article above.

Slightly different than shoving a vodka soaked tampon in your rectum or who-ha, kids from my old high school have thought of something way more in-genius.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Teenagers-Gummy-Candy-Alcohol-Boozy-Bears-133505668.html

I think it is safe to say that we can consider kids trying to get high/drunk kinda like mini junkies, give them long enough and they will find away to score and get intoxicated. Education is certainly not the answer considering I never did anything this dumb and I received the same education as the kids in the article above.

I'm not sure i would go as far as saying education is not the answer. The DARE program is a good program and something that should be maintained. The problem is information and access to information. Thats where education has a hard time keeping up - in fact, its probably an almost impossible task. All teens and preteens are likely exponentially more tech savvy than their parents and know their way around the internet. Factor in information aggregates like text messaging, Facebook and twitter and these sorts of things disseminate like wildfire at the sped of a nano second.

If you want to stop this, its probably time to take the gloves off and incorporate some tangibles into the education process- bring kids in to the MEs office and show them what a fatal alcohol involved accident looks like. Scare the crap out of them.

The problem would seem to be the bypassing of the gag reflex and the rate at which it absorbs into the bloodstram, not the amount.

The problem would seem to be the bypassing of the gag reflex and the rate at which it absorbs into the bloodstram, not the amount.

That's a theoretical possibility, not a practical one. Unless you've got a lot of tampons ready to go you're not going to get enough volume to compete with oral consumption.

Again, not new. There's also fruit saturated with booze, Skittles dissolved in vodka, vaporized alcohol, etc

http://www.nbcnewyor...-133505668.html

This is very popular. The same is done with fruit. The use of gummy candy is growing in popularity in schools.

Edited by PFDRes47cue

They also dry out chewing tobacco leaves & soak them in booze then place in mouth!

x129K likes this

Not only have we seen the tampons...I had a case over the summer where the kids hot shotted the alcohol. Nothing new and it was a favorite of Johnny Rotten of the Sex Pistols in the late 70's, and that's exactly where they got it from when I asked the one who didn't do it after the first one passed out and also the fact she said she was afraid her parents would have beat her if something happened lol.

It also becomes a problem when someone becomes sick and now a smart friend has to remove the tampon from their friend...no thanks.

Friend? Or EMS when the friends say whats going on and you check. Funny thought...but if its filled with vodka and a female friend......guys if we're out and you hit the floor and did this...just to let you know...you may die...ladies...sorry but I'm shallow in one sense...depending on your looks...you will either owe me for a while or be really embarrassed when every EMS crew looks in your room as they go by and laughs....and for the ones who will owe me...don't get pissed if I smirk every time I look at you.

ONEEYE...been there done that...huge mainstay when I was in the Corps.

ONEEYE...been there done that...huge mainstay when I was in the Corps.

or when you come across the dried out bag of Levi Garrett that you've been hiding from the wife if your tool box out in the garage..... A little JD and it's brand new.

or when you come across the dried out bag of Levi Garrett that you've been hiding from the wife if your tool box out in the garage..... A little JD and it's brand new.

A drop per can works with Skoal as well!

Love me some Skoal!

WOW...WTF is all i can muster up on this one.

These are mostly new to me, especially the tampon, rectal and eye ball tricks.

Man, do i feel old lol.

Think ill just continue to drink my JD and Jameison the old fasioned way thanks B)