Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Just a guy

Sen. Greg Ball renews push for the death penalty in NY for cop killers

10 posts in this topic

New York State Senator Greg Ball has renewed the call to reinstate the death penalty in New York for anyone who murders a police officer. The link below will take you to an online petition that senator Ball has started, I would urge you all to take 2 seconds and sign or at least read up on this effort. It seems that every time a cop is killed in New York, the call is renewed for the death penalty but it never seems to get done, Hopefully this time the senate and the assembly will act quickly to make this law. Even if it deters one person from killing a cop, that's one life saved and to me that's worth it. Stay safe and stay vigilant my brothers and sisters.

http://www.nysenate....lty-cop-killers

efdcapt115 and newsbuff like this

I was happy to sign that. Being a Corrections Officer in the past when these skels go to jail or prison with a life sentence they have nothing to lose so if they kill again inside maybe a C/O what else can you do to them.

This is precisely what is wrong with our politicians. Wasting time on something that will go as far as the Governor's desk to be vetoed. In case you haven't noticed you elected a Cuomo as Governor. If he himself witnessed the execution style murder of someone, the most he would agree to would be life without parole.

Until the populace replaces the current crop of worthless politicians with a new majority crop of like minded individuals who actually want to address and fix the real problems there will be no constructive changes. The chances of that happening are zero, the majority of voters remain either clueless or drunk on the kool-aid.

grumpyff likes this

He might be better off spending his energy requiring judges to lock up criminals standing in front of them, particularly those with outstanding arrest warrants.

grumpyff likes this

please someone correct me if im wrong, but didnt Ex-Gov. Pataki reinstated the death penalty when he was in office becuase of a murderer by the name of Nathanel White who killed 7 women between the ages of 16-25. (who is currently serving time in Greehaven Correctional Facility.) so why has NY waited so long to give someone the death penalty? are law makers and other politcaians seeing the Death Penalty as "capital punnishment"?

Edited by MoFire390

please someone correct me if im wrong, but didnt Ex-Gov. Pataki reinstated the death penalty when he was in office becuase of a murderer by the name of Nathanel White who killed 7 women between the ages of 16-25. (who is currently serving time in Greehaven Correctional Facility.) so why has NY waited so long to give someone the death penalty? are law makers and other politcaians seeing the Death Penalty as "capital punnishment"?

It was declared unconstitutional in 2004, due to defective instructions to jurors. The state elected to not fix the problem

NYS Death Penalty

The Killing of any human being other than self defense should be met with the death penalty. I think every Dec 30th we should hang all the guilty in Times Square. Be a good pregame before the Ball drops!

It was declared unconstitutional in 2004, due to defective instructions to jurors. The state elected to not fix the problem

NYS Death Penalty

thank you grumpy...was not aware of this.

I was happy to sign that. Being a Corrections Officer in the past when these skels go to jail or prison with a life sentence they have nothing to lose so if they kill again inside maybe a C/O what else can you do to them.

Give them thier "entitled" 3 meals a day, recreation, medical and dental, access to a law library where they can pass drugs and learn how to sue correction officers..all this while an average 20 year appeal process for a death penalty case. Unfortunately, here in NY anyway, even with the law on the books they are not frying anyone.

The other alternative is life in the box and let them rot naturally.