Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JackEMT

Returned items to Home Depot or Lowes, where do they go?

13 posts in this topic

Big stores like Home Depot, Lowes and Target have generous return policies. I know I have used it many times. But on my latest return, I started to wonder, what happens to all the items that gets returned? I suspect many get put back on the shelves, but what about the well used sander, drill or misc floor tiles?

Big stores like Home Depot, Lowes and Target have generous return policies. I know I have used it many times. But on my latest return, I started to wonder, what happens to all the items that gets returned? I suspect many get put back on the shelves, but what about the well used sander, drill or misc floor tiles?

Like you...I've seen many items you can tell that were returned back on the shelves. I'm thinking the other items maybe there is something with the manufacturers and they become refurbs perhaps.

I work for lowes and our policy is if it it's used we try to get credit from the manufacturer if we don't get credit it is either sold as used or as parts and is deeply discounted. Stuff that hasn't been used and is fine gets returned to the shelves. At my store the best time to get the discounted stuff is late Friday night like an hour before close or early Saturday morning.

Orange ct.

Any discounted log splitters ????

Ask the customer service representative for an AXE. It come highly discounted. LOL

Was that AXE the customer service for an ASK or was that Ask for an AXE ?????

I know the Lowes near me occasionally has items deeply discounted whether they are returns or clearance. I recently purchased a 37 inch bathroom vanity sink for $13 (regularly $118). It was an out of the box, clearance item in good shape. They had a second one there also with some marks on it. A few weeks after I bought the one, the second was further marked down to $7.50. I'm not sure if these were returned items or not, but definitely worth the price I paid.

Its also the same way with Home depot, i did work there and if it is really bad some times it would be thrown out.

I have seen items marked down, like appliances and light fixtures, but it seems like such a small percentage of what gets returned.

Each lowes store is different I've seen stores with no clearance stuff and mine that has an overabumdance

Any discounted log splitters ????
Ask the customer service representative for an AXE. It come highly discounted. LOL

Mark is not allowed to play with an Axe or anything sharp, since the incident with running with scissors. It happened a long time ago, everyone knows about it and thats why all your moms told you: "don't be like Mark....walk". :P