Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Anesti

Fdny Rescue 3 and Safety Battalion

19 posts in this topic

Thought all of FDNY's Rescue Rigs were Fererra's ???

Rescue 3's new pierce

61MACKBR1 - you are correct. I belive Ferrera got the bid for all FDNY Apparatus. This particular Rescue:

Serial # H-4544

New York, NY (RESCUE #3)

Type: Walk-In Heavy Rescue

Chassis: Ferrara heavy duty custom fire chassis; 206" wheelbase; Stainless steel 2-door tilt cab; Extreme Duty cab interior; Seating for 2; Power windows; Custom map and record book consoles; Rosco stainless steel mirrors; Extreme Duty painted steel front bumper; Ramsey Patriot 15,000# winch; Federal EQ2B siren; Rosco backing camera; Cummins ISM-500; Allison 4000EVS; Telma driveline retarder; 400 amp Niehoff alternato

Body: Heavy duty stainless steel; Walk-In heavy rescue body; Transverse compartment front of body; 27" deep side compartments; 16" deep rear facing compartments; Stainless steel compartment and walk-in doors; Heavy duty air conditioning and heating; Wheel well storage compartments; Underbody compartments; 7 interior compartments with roll up doors; Rope tie downs on roof and rear body; Stainless steel roof roller; Air bag storage; Extrication tool mounting; Extrication tool hydraulic hose reel; Interior SCBA storage cabinet; Interior bench seat; Lumber & ladder compartment; Custom shelves and trays

Special Features: Vannair 200 CFM PTO air compressor; DP Manufacturing 25,000 pound hydraulic driven winch at rear; Ramsey 5,000 pound portable winch with left/right side anchor points; Refrigerator/freezer inside body; Federal Signal LED upper level warning lights; Whelen LED lower level warning lights; Federal Signal LED traffic directional bar; ROM LED compartment lights with stainless steel guards; Onan 25kW hydraulic generator on 1000# capacity roll out tray; 6 Fire Research Optimum 1000W scene lights (2 left, 2 right, 2 rear; 2 Fire Research Optimum 150W 12V brow lights; Hannay electric rewind cord reels, one 120V and one 240V

LOL, opps typo on my part.

The 5 Rescues just hitting the streets are all Ferarras. Prior to that they were all E-one/Saulsbury with Rescue 1's rig being replaced with a Pierce a couple of years ago. I believe the 2 newest Collapse Rescue units are Spartan/Ferraras.

Safety Battalion with new lights

I am still debating on whether or not I like this lightbar better then the bigger sized one. The bigger sized one probably gives out more of a warning, it's more visible to people. That one will just light up the area more, not improving the warning for drivers ahead of the chief. All in all, t's a nice design. I keep watching how much FDNY is improving with the fleet, they do a great job with the choices of apparatus.

Stay safe all.

At some point more lights don't help. If the siren isn't working more light than what's already on these lightbars isn't going to make someone look back. In theory the new lights provide greater visibility from the sides.

Rescue 3's new Ferrara

Rep given for capturing a great Bronx company's rig in a great Bronx neighborhood. B)

E106MKFD likes this

Rep given for capturing a great Bronx company's rig in a great Bronx neighborhood. B)

You got that right. Now I'm hungry.

PCFD ENG58, E106MKFD and efdcapt115 like this

Safety Battalion with new lights

Parked in front of Mario's on Arthur Ave. Took my wife to Mario's on our first date.............ended the night at Rory's!:D

BFD1054, sfrd18 and efdcapt115 like this

Was in a cannoli mood, took my camera knowing there are always fdny rigs present on Arthur ave at that hour.

E106MKFD, efdcapt115 and firedude like this

Was in a cannoli mood, took my camera knowing there are always fdny rigs present on Arthur ave at that hour.

It's not a complete trip to Arthur Ave without checking out the rigs or passing E88-L38 (Belmont btwn 182-183 Sts). Best Neighborhood in the city!

efdcapt115, 210 and sfrd18 like this

Parked in front of Mario's on Arthur Ave. Took my wife to Mario's on our first date.............ended the night at Rory's!:D

Best restaurant in the Bronx! Now you got me hungry.

It is a good spot for a date, by the way. I'll go along with you on that.

Edited by sfrd18

Also Ladder 32's ferrara at the 2nd alarm today

Awesome shots Anesti. You should try to head down to Midtown and catch 4 Truck's new rig.

Awesome shots Anesti. You should try to head down to Midtown and catch 4 Truck's new rig.

Got a video of it, just have not been able to find it on drills of Bsip yet to photograph it.

Wait so are they "allowed" to have Qs in NY or not. More power to them if so, a true firetruck siren.