Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FireRescueMan343

New F.D.N.Y. Rescue

16 posts in this topic

2,3,4,5 are in service. Rescue one i hear might be in a week or two.

sfrd18 likes this

R-1 got a new rig??? i guess the pierce didnt hold up well?

R-1 got a new rig??? i guess the pierce didnt hold up well?

From what I know, the Pierce held up just fine. Problem is, it didn't follow the fleet divisions desire to keep everything standard. By replacing all 5 Rescues it puts them all in line for a common replacement in 10 years and keeps them identical to one another. The current rig they are assigned will go to the spare pool along with any others worth keeping. If deemed too worn, they'll be auctioned.

Edited by M' Ave

They got the Pierce after 9/11? And what else is in the spare/reserve rescue pool? The Mack and Freightliner rigs?

They got the Pierce after 9/11? And what else is in the spare/reserve rescue pool? The Mack and Freightliner rigs?

In the immediate aftermath of 9/11 all of the 4-door HME/Saulsbury Rescues were replaced with the E-one/Saulsbury Rescues. If I'm not mistaken, the HMEs may have been coming due for routine replacement even before 2 were lost during 9/11. The Pierce unit that Rescue 1 has been using was acquired something like 4 years ago. Don't quite recall why it was acquired, but I think I heard that there was some sort of GSA/federal grant aspect to it.

As for the spare/reserves, there was a Mack/General Safety and a Freightliner/ALF that were donated following 9/11 serving in that capacity. Not sure if there was anything else in use.

Edited by FireMedic049

From what I know, the Pierce held up just fine. Problem is, it didn't follow the fleet divisions desire to keep everything standard. By replacing all 5 Rescues it puts them all in line for a common replacement in 10 years and keeps them identical to one another. The current rig they are assigned will go to the spare pool along with any others worth keeping. If deemed too worn, they'll be auctioned.

Will it go to Rescue 6 by any chance, seeing that the Pierce is so new?

rescue 6 was only put into service because of some presidental campaign and it is no longer in service was only in service for a few months and was quarter with 20 truck and the 1st division

Rescue 6 was used when they hosted the Republican National Convention in NYC I believe

Rescue 6 was used when they hosted the Republican National Convention in NYC I believe

That's correct. "Rescue 6" isn't really a company. It was the unit designation used for the RNC convention. It was staffed by S.O.C. members from Squads and Rescues around the city.

Rescue 6 is now an equiped reserve truck.

Is it still housed with 20 Truck or is it out of SOC HQ now?

Rescue 6 is now an equiped reserve truck.

The American LaFrance unit is a reserve (meaning fully equipted vs. a spare). However, there is no such thing as Rescue 6. That doesn't exist.