Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EMTbravo

New EMTBravo.net Software

135 posts in this topic

I still can't post an edited shout in the shoutbox. It lets me edit the shout but the tab that says "edit shout" that basically completes the task doesn't do anything. I have to delete the post and correct it by posting a new shout.

Same

I applied a patch to the software. It is working for me.

When you edit a shout, a pop up window should appear, Give this a few momemnts to load.

Make sure your security software isn't interfering with the Shoutbox Pop Up.

Edit the Shout.

Hit the "Edit Shout" button. Give it a few seconds to accept.

Refresh your page and see if it took.

Please make a few test shouts to verify if it is working. Staff will delete test shouts. (Please note: Test please delete in Shout after editing)

Please advise of your results on this thread.

Thanks

Seth

I applied a patch to the software. It is working for me.

When you edit a shout, a pop up window should appear, Give this a few momemnts to load.

Make sure your security software isn't interfering with the Shoutbox Pop Up.

Edit the Shout.

Hit the "Edit Shout" button. Give it a few seconds to accept.

Refresh your page and see if it took.

Please make a few test shouts to verify if it is working. Staff will delete test shouts. (Please note: Test please delete in Shout after editing)

Please advise of your results on this thread.

Thanks

Seth

Works great now, thanks Seth!

Works great now, thanks Seth!

Worked for me earlier, now it's not. Have to repost.

Update: now it works but I have to refresh the page and copy & paste the info.

Edited by firedude
2231* likes this

I have to copy what I want to edit in the shout, and reload it, then paste it back in, and it works fine. I did it twice and it worked as good as it can.

2231* likes this

And now it works on the first try... Very interesting.

It worked for a little while a few days ago and by later that day it stopped again and still doesn't work.

I would just like to reiterate that my hands are tied. I had no choice but to upgrade the site, and had to do it when I was able to take several days off work. I waited to the last possible minute to upgrade the site, and I honestly was very hesitant to do so.

I'm doing the best I can do to make this work, and trying to be as responsive as possible to help members adapt. Just like other sites on the internet, we evolve as well.

Personally, I find and have confirmed the new software to be much faster, easier to administrate, and it has many more helpful features for members.

Take some time to explore and take note of the many new features. This new software is very customizable to how YOU want the forum to appear, and what content you want to see and when and how you see it.

And give me time to continue to customize the site further.

sueg likes this

Never mind, I am blind, the edit tab was hidden right in front of me. . Other than that I find the site very easy to use and Navigate. thanks

Edited by grumpyff
sueg likes this

I just wanted to say this

Thank You for everything you have done & will do in the future

sueg, sfrd18 and helicopper like this

I would like to add my flickr page link to my signature, and when I try and do that, it says : Oops! Something Went Wrong!" and says " You are only allowed up to 3 lines"

Well, that'd be my third line, and a lot of others have about 5 different lines, etc. Is this just me or is something wrong here?

Also, when I try and add the link, all it says is " URL" and "Protocall" where is the option to add text as the link?

Even though I haven't been on in ages, I still figured my way around already. Great job done by all involved with it, looks great.

Thanks for the compliments, guys, you have no idea how much they mean to me. It's been a lot of work, and I'm still working on perfecting it.

As for the signature, only 3 lines are allowed. This is so signature's don't hog threads.

Not to rain on anyone's parade but I still can't properly edit shouts.

Edited by peterose313

Is there any hope of the 'New Content' automatically going to the last read item? It's bit of a pain to click on a popular thread, wait for the page to load, then click on the option to go to first unread and wait for the page to load again.

Medic137 likes this