Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EMTbravo

New EMTBravo.net Software

135 posts in this topic

I too like the rep point system, is that going away permanently or just part of renovations? While the rep points can be swayed by popularity I suppose, I see them as a way to validate what you're reading. Like so many other places there's a ton of info here, not all good, but mostly. One thing I always instruct personnel on is looking into who is doing the writing? The rep points tend to show the poster seems to have some validity, looking at some of those with high rep counts like ALSfirefighter or BNECHIS, we can see that those who tend to be more informative and experienced tend to be repped up. I think this is good for new members and those seeking information. Nonetheless, so far so good, I haven't noticed anything that I don't like.

Bnechis and M' Ave like this

I like the look and feel of the mobile update (which I am not sure if it's related to the main page update) for the iPhone app.

But as you can see, the word * appears after you post using the mobile version. See below.

(*)

Edited by mfc2257
firedude likes this

Just FTI, I'm listening, I have limited time, but am chipping away at all the issues mentioned. I will fix and/or address as time allows. Thank you all for the feedback and bugs so far.

Please note I am also still working on finishing up things with the renovation as well.

sueg likes this

I encourage EVERYONE to explore the all the new features of this forum.

You can set the forum up, for the most part, to be custom for you. The way you find new content, read content, follow othesr,message, search etc etc and another etc have all have been upgraded or are all new..

The new site seems to be functioning well. I like that it is so customizable (Ie - blocking parts that you're not interested in. One question I have it, how do you change your two profile pictures? I can not seem to find this option. Nice work overall.

I like the look and feel of the mobile update (which I am not sure if it's related to the main page update) for the iPhone app.

Theres an app? I can't find it on the App store...

Theres an app? I can't find it on the App store...

Go to the app store... Then to vBulletin Mobile and then search for EMTBravo within the boards that they support. I've been using it for a few years now. The vBulletin app doesn't get great reviews BUT I've never had a problem with it and love the functionality.

firedude likes this

The vBulletin app won't work with this forum (correctly).

There will be a IPhone and Android app available later this spring.

Right now, if you visit EMTBravo from any cell phone web browser, there is a basic mobile app to view the site.

x4093k likes this

I too like the rep point system, is that going away permanently or just part of renovations? While the rep points can be swayed by popularity I suppose, I see them as a way to validate what you're reading. Like so many other places there's a ton of info here, not all good, but mostly. One thing I always instruct personnel on is looking into who is doing the writing? The rep points tend to show the poster seems to have some validity, looking at some of those with high rep counts like ALSfirefighter or BNECHIS, we can see that those who tend to be more informative and experienced tend to be repped up. I think this is good for new members and those seeking information. Nonetheless, so far so good, I haven't noticed anything that I don't like.

I have to agree, I liked the rep point system. It's still in your profile though.

The new site seems to be functioning well. I like that it is so customizable (Ie - blocking parts that you're not interested in. One question I have it, how do you change your two profile pictures? I can not seem to find this option. Nice work overall.

My Setings > Profile Settings > Photo

OK Reputation Point people, this is how I am going to set it up:

I've put the rep points back in the user info to your left. When you click "Like", it will give that person a rep point. It will also show in the user profile. On the thread, it will show who liked the post, and how many, and eventually give you the option to add why.

The post will also be able to be shown in modules that use the "Liked Content". You will also be able to read only "Liked Content" in a thread or on the board if you wish.

And finally, after much request, you have the ability to "Unlike" content if you accidentally "Like" it.

Please let me know if this makes sense to you, how you like it, and if it actually works.

antiquefirelt, M' Ave and x129K like this

Thank you Seth for adding the box back to our posts, the site looks great.

I log on via my IPhone very often, and I usually press the "full version" button on the bottom, works just as well as anything else.

My Setings > Profile Settings > Photo

No such option under Profile Settings...

No such option under Profile Settings...

Mine looks like this...

photo.png

Nope not mine. I'll pm Seth once things calm down with the new site fixes.

FYI I am getting view, post, messenger, and notification functionality on my iPhone without issue using the vBulletin app.

And I just edited this post

(*)

Edited by mfc2257

OK Reputation Point people, this is how I am going to set it up:

I've put the rep points back in the user info to your left. When you click "Like", it will give that person a rep point. It will also show in the user profile. On the thread, it will show who liked the post, and how many, and eventually give you the option to add why.

The post will also be able to be shown in modules that use the "Liked Content". You will also be able to read only "Liked Content" in a thread or on the board if you wish.

And finally, after much request, you have the ability to "Unlike" content if you accidentally "Like" it.

Please let me know if this makes sense to you, how you like it, and if it actually works.

Works for me! Everything seems to be working well from where I sit. I like it.

It seems very slow to load anything - both from work and home....and I think the edit function needs to come back please.

xfirefighter484x likes this

So, am I the only person that's never been issued a "warning point"? (insert googly eye emiticom here) I seem to have the honor of being the only one in this thread that has a line under my first post date that says "0 warning points issued"? No one I work with would ever believe I was too softly opinionated to not offend anyone...

I have warning points covered.

Except it shows you who issued them, but when you click the "more details" link, it goes no where. I thought it would take you to the post that was in violation.

Thanks for all the work you put into this forum Seth, this upgrade is looking great so far. The only other thing I have is my personal messages and my greetings on my profile page. I cant find the greetings that people have written on my profile page any more and there was info on them I was saving, like contact info. Where did they go now or what are they called instead?

Thanks in advanced.

Moose

Is everyone able to post? The amount of posts being made is abnormally low.

Please contact me at seth@emtbravo.com if you're unable to post.

Honestly Seth - I find it a HUGE pain in the rear to post anymore....the lagtime between pages loading....etc...so slow...it's just not worth the aggrevation.

Hands down, I am not a fan of this upgrade as it stands currently. As mentioned above, everything is significantly slower and harder to use. It doesn't surprise me in the least that posting has decreased to the lowest levels I have seen since I first joined.

I do not know the reason for the upgrade but let me say this, I think it was unnecessary and so far has detracted significantly the quality of this site in my opinion.

It has become a real pain to post and view this site, to the point where I have stopped doing it at all except during my slowest hours.

Bring back the old pre-upgrade site.

x4093k and x129K like this

Hands down, I am not a fan of this upgrade as it stands currently. As mentioned above, everything is significantly slower and harder to use. It doesn't surprise

me in the least that posting has decreased to the lowest levels I have seen since I first joined.

Usually, after an upgrade, the posting levels drop as everyone learns how to use the new software. I was concerned about the posting stats because I was making sure there was no bug.

I do not know the reason for the upgrade but let me say this, I think it was unnecessary and so far has detracted significantly the quality of this site in my opinion.

The reason for the upgrade was because the old software was at it's "end of life", meaning it is obsolete and is no longer supported. I held out as long as possible. The new software is also required to keep up with modern internet technology.

Let me ask this though....if you don't know the reason for the upgrade, how can you say it was uneccesary?

It has become a real pain to post and view this site, to the point where I have stopped doing it at all except during my slowest hours.

I'm sorry to hear that. I've heard from many that the site is running faster and loading faster, and my server stats seem to support that. I am still making ajustments to increase the performance. Speed can also be influenced by your computer, your browser, your connection, your ISP, etc and have nothing to do with this site.

Bring back the old pre-upgrade site.

Not happening. Sometimes, change is inevitable and needed. Just like the firefighters who got upset that the motorized engine replaced the horses. As much as they didn't like it, it happened and it was for the better as they later realized.

Now, to other members, I am working on any bugs or changes you may have. If you have a technical issue or need help using the site, please post. Opinions or commentary aren't neccesary or wanted at this point. I want to know the issues that need fixing and explaining any features or how to use the forum.

grumpyff, x4093k and sueg like this

Usually, after an upgrade, the posting levels drop as everyone learns how to use the new software. I was concerned about the posting stats because I was making sure there was no bug.

The reason for the upgrade was because the old software was at it's "end of life", meaning it is obsolete and is no longer supported. I held out as long as possible. The new software is also required to keep up with modern internet technology.

Let me ask this though....if you don't know the reason for the upgrade, how can you say it was uneccesary?

I'm sorry to hear that. I've heard from many that the site is running faster and loading faster, and my server stats seem to support that. I am still making ajustments to increase the performance.

Not happening. Sometimes, change is inevitable. Just like the firefighters who got upset that the motorized engine replaced the horses.

Exactly what I was thinking, although that point may be true on some cases, others it's not. My computers run great on the site, not a change in loading time or anything. Your points in this posts are very well said, and I am glad that it's " up to date" instead of an old, out of date, half working site, like some I have seen.

I personally like the new look, it could use some little changes, but all in all I have no complaints.

Good luck in the future with it.

peterose313 likes this

Will there be a mobile version for smart phones like the previous forum had? Unless it has already been done and my phone is stupid as always lol.

Will there be a mobile version for smart phones like the previous forum had? Unless it has already been done and my phone is stupid as always lol.

What type of phone do you have?

Right now, there's no specific app, but it's in development.

However, if you visit the site from your mobile browser, it should come up in a mobile version.

I seem to have no issue posting and it seem just as fast as ever, the only issue I have had has been with editing a post?

And just now I edited this post with no trouble. I'm thinking many of the little things will work themselves out in short order.

Edited by antiquefirelt