bfd34180

OFFICIAL TS/Hurricane Sandy Thread

188 posts in this topic

Can anyone tell me if they know if Broad Channel VFD is one of those departments operating with the knowledge/approval of FDNY?

Central Park Medical unit has some great pics from the Hospital Evacs: http://www.cpmu.com/index.php/photos/hurricane-sandy-response-photos/

Can anyone tell me if they know if Broad Channel VFD is one of those departments operating with the knowledge/approval of FDNY?

Yes they are opperating, but they lost 1 Engine due to fire and 2 ambulances that were flooded.

Sailr322 likes this

Broad Channel lost at least one rig that I know of. I just got online yesterday. I got out of work Wednesday morning after working pretty much non stop from Sunday Morning til Tuesday AM. Then another 18 hour tour Tuesday afternoon into Wednesday Morning. We did 22,000 plus alarms between 0001 Monday to 2359 Tuesday. I cannot be prouder of the people I work with, and the Emergency Communications folks in the area. We got power back in Port Jervis sometime yesterday. I got home last night and all is well here. It is a mess out there obviously. Thoughts and Prayers for all who lost something or everything. I'll be back to work Monday.

jack10562, grumpyff and 16fire5 like this

The Utility Crews from California are here!! :)

Wow, that brings back some memories. Great find fierdude. C5 out of of CA followed by a C17 out of WA. Nice.
SageVigiles and firedude like this

Electricity Update:

Currently:

ConEd Outages: 108,941

NYSEG Outages: 47,054