peterose313

Man who booted ambulance is fired/ticketed

9 posts in this topic

A man who booted a New Orleans EMS ambulance that was answering an emergency call at the Mr. Quicky's in Mid-City has been issued a citation by the New Orleans Police Departmentfor simple criminal damage to property and has been fired from the convenience store, WWL-TV is reporting.

Sidi Aleywa, according to the police report, didn't realize it was an ambulance that he booted, and added that he doesn't speak any English. Another employe at the store told the TV station that Aleywa had been fired.

Man who booted ambulance is fired, ticketed, WWL reports

JetPhoto likes this

Didn't realize it was an ambulance?? There should be provisions in the penal code for being an idiot.

joshlost818 and BFD1054 like this

And he probably votes.

He probably voted early (and often), too.

The last I knew ambulances world wide are pretty similar looking with flashing lights on them!

The person should be arrested for obstruction, vandalism and whatever else they can charge them with

JM15 and BFD1054 like this

Let me start by saying that the man is an absolute moron and should also have his immigration status checked. I don't speak English is now a defense? But playing the devils advocate here on the charge that I am sure will be closely watched around the nation as to the precedent it may set - Is placing a boot on a vehicle criminal damage to property? Can anyone use that same argument when their vehicle is booted by say a municipality and they have tire/rim damage? Is the booting agent criminally liable? Again, before anyone jumps down my neck I am NOT defending this a--holes actions just thinking out loud as to what the rest of the scofflaw morons out there are possibly looking at as a pay day.