Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x129K

Four FF Shot, Two Killed at Early Morning House Fire - Webster, NY

51 posts in this topic

. The LEO was part of the Greece P.D. and was off duty at the time.

The one FF killed was a full time Cop, a Lieutenant, acting in the capacity of volunteer fireman.

There was indeed an off duty policeman who was injured as well.

5 guys shot in an ambush....I am still just awestruck at the whole ordeal.

Why do we do this Schitt for free?

JetPhoto likes this

May God wrap his loving arms around the family's and fellow brother and sisters.

The Mayans were somewhat correct. It's just the end of the world as we know it.

RIP to the fallen, hope for a speedy and full recovery for the wounded, life in hell for the perpetrator.

effd3918, x129K and JetPhoto like this

Very tragic! Especially now! What kind of coward does this crap, setting a fire only to shoot at those that risk their own lives to rescue others and fight fires, and render medical aid to others? Then the perp is so coward he takes his life. I wish the L.E. arriving could have delivered swift justice. This does not bring back the FF's that lost their lives today. RIP.

They have released the name of the murderer. He was a convicted murderer who previously served 17 years in prison. Released from parole officer visits in 2006. I blame the parole board.....

Speechless, Prayers to West Webster Fire Dept!

May they rest in peace!

R.I.P. Just read one was a Fire Lieutenant and a "very giving type person"

What happens these days.... :(

I was listening to the audio, when I heard "2 firefighters down....not good" that struck a big emotional cord with me, and I was done listening. The radio traffic was worse that what I had imagined.

If I was that dispatcher, or EMS on scene, my career would be done. I'd be happy stocking the shelves at the Quicky Mart after something like this. I wouldn't want to see what else the world holds for emergency responders. Any innocent person who gets shot and killed is tragic, but when firefighters get gunned down like this, for emergency responders, I feel, it's worse. This is NOT an acceptable way for a firefighter to die! Nothing really is, but this is really hard to accept .

I mean, you go to help someone, and they shoot you? Or they specifically design something to entrap you, for no explicable reason? I mean, this has happened to PD and EMS for a number of years, but now firefighters have to be worried about this to? I guess the newest firefighting class needs to be "Tactical Streetsmarts" like is tought in EMS, and the hottest new gear will be a bulletproof vest that fits in your turnout. Sad.

As M'Ave so very well said....

Hey, maybe the NRA will blame this on the media too and suggest armed guards at all fire scenes

Thoughts and prayers. This has got to stop. These are turning from isolated incidents into an epedemic. The best way to honor those who died is to do the right thing, whatever that may be.
PFDRes47cue and peterose313 like this

Couldn't agree with you more Seth.

RIP Brothers a truely sad holiday season this year for all of us in the fire service and law enforcement, hard to believe what has happened in the last few weeks.

Webster shooter left note detailing his plan

The ambush that killed two Webster firefighters and critically injured two others was the culmination of a deadly plan detailed in a chilling note the killer left behind.

Read more: http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20121225/NEWS01/312250027/spengler-webster-bushmaster-shooting-firefighter

CNYFireTrucks likes this

Calling hours for both West Webster Firefighters who were gunned down in the Line of Duty yesterday will be held at Webster Schroeder High School, 875 Ridge Road, Webster, from 6 to 9 p.m. Friday and from noon to 3 p.m. and 6 to 9 p.m. Saturday.

The funeral service for FF Chiapperini, also a 20-year veteran of the Webster Police Department, will be held at the high school at noon Sunday. He will be buried, with honors, in West Webster Cemetery.

The funeral Mass for FF Kaczowka, a Monroe County 911 dispatcher and 2011 Webster Thomas High School graduate, will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Monday at St. Stanislaus church,1124 Hudson Ave., Rochester. Interment will follow at Holy Sepulchre Cemetery in Rochester.

Whenever I read of a LODD it kind of kicks me in the gut. I felt this way all through Christmas Eve service last night.

Condolences to the families of the fallen Brothers.

This is all I can say at this time. I will have more to say at a more appropriate time in the near future.

When will it end! RIP brothers and a speedy recovery to those wounded!

All though the gunman is dead, police still made an arrest to the DBs neighbor who was apart of the planning/purchasing of the firearms...

x129K likes this

RIP to the deceased brothers and thoughts and prayers are with those affected. Its never easy to lose somebody, but even more difficult through the holiday season.

I was speechless when i first heard of this incident and still have trouble finding words. I dont know what this world is coming to anymore. I find myself looking over my shoulder a lot more and being way more alert to my surroundings.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0