markmets415

Wassaic CAFS Pumper 69-12 (Delivered)

220 posts in this topic

A few sent from the shop today, the doors on the rear our now completed

Doors completed and installed, now awaiting the chevrons, shown here closed, you can also see they added a diamond plate kick panel just above the upper 8" step.

post-16297-0-48713500-1380652922.jpg

In the open position

post-16297-0-51815100-1380652921.jpg

This one is kind of blurry but these are the LED lights we added to the front two 2 1/2" discharges, which will also help light up the area in and around the pump.

post-16297-0-05496900-1380652924.jpg

Edited by markmets415
x4093k likes this

End of the day shots sent from the shop, hose bed grating is in and the compartment are topped with diamond plate for the drip edge and appearance, the item that is boxed in on the right front of the hose bed is the CAFS air compressor cooling fan.

Yep even the hose bed grating is yellow

post-16297-0-31261100-1380659336.jpg

post-16297-0-54188300-1380661225.jpg

post-16297-0-48758200-1380661226.jpg

And one other shot of the ladder storage area with the three lengths of 10' 2 1/2" suction, the 9' and 10' folding ladders and long tools will be placed at the station once the rig is delivered

post-16297-0-49047200-1380661224.jpg

Edited by markmets415
x129K and x4093k like this

The last of the fabrication is completed and the hose bed cover installed and chevrons are almost completed, one small piece as you can see is getting placed, looks like HOPEFULLY an early next week delivery, sent from the shop so these are a bit blurry.

Hose bed cover, I like how they left the netting over the CAFS compressor cooling fan.

post-16297-0-16363800-1380904530.jpg

Rear chevrons being installed over the ladder and suction doors

post-16297-0-30301200-1380904529.jpg

Edited by markmets415
x4093k likes this

End of the day and week shots sent from the shop, the guys are working tomorrow to complete the punch list from our last visit.

Hose bed lighting supplied are 4- Whelan 3" round White/Red LED installed at each end of the bed in each partitioned area, the partitions are adjustable as well, under the photos of the lights installed is a link to show what these lights are like, it will be nice to be able to change the lights to red or red/white at night so they are not so bright when packing hose and the lights are shining directly in your eyes. Yes I see the bolt sticking up in the second photo for the hose bed divider, we'll get that corrected, don't want any hose getting hung-up

post-16297-0-17617100-1380918240.jpg

post-16297-0-53023000-1380918241.jpg

http://www.sirennet.com/wh3s.html

The cab brow light bracket was painted flat black from the aluminum at our request to help reduce flash back from the inner light bar, the light bar was also tilted down, these two items eliminated the flash back

post-16297-0-99550200-1380918241.jpg

Looking down past the CAFS air compressor fan you can see some of the components for the CAFS systems as well as the vents placed at the ends of the 3 suction compartments to help keeping this area vented.

post-16297-0-64067000-1380918243.jpg

Fire extinguisher placed and rubber wheel well opening installed, we went with the rubber to match the cab.

post-16297-0-76418400-1380918242.jpg

Edited by markmets415

A few from today, just waiting for the programming update from International to be completed and then we shall take delivery.

Front bumper compartment, they added the small mount for the silicone spray bottle to help with the raised gaskets on the 6" Storz connections

post-16297-0-87457100-1381175090.jpg

and the above compartment covered

post-16297-0-51418700-1381175091.jpg

Edited by markmets415
x129K and x4093k like this

Mark on the side mounted fire extinguisher, we have the same on Engine 58 but found that is to much room for the extinguisher to side within the compartment so we made a cardboard spacer to cut out the space behind the extinguisher and make up about 2 in.

markmets415 likes this

Thanks Angelo, I haven't seen it actually other than the photo but I'm sure it's the same, great idea with the cardboard so you can take it out if there is a change in use, I'll take a look when it arrives, thanks again

Edited by markmets415

Sent from the shop, out flowing some water today, I must say it is one nice looking Engine now that you can actually see the entire rig at once, they have a few things to finish up, if everything goes as planned, pump test is Tuesday and delivery will be Wednesday late morning, hopefully that is. The programming issue at International was a bad connection which was finally found. I am liking the fact that we moved the booster tank side level gauges to the B post instead of the C post area, it was going to be obstructed from the side rear, in the first photo you can see it at 3/4. There are also smaller slave foam and water gauges in the cab as the Engine can pump and roll and flow both foam and water in doing so, another advantage of the front mounted pump.

post-16297-0-37061200-1381440085.jpg

post-16297-0-78410000-1381440117.jpg

Edited by markmets415
x635, x4093k, EmsFirePolice and 1 other like this

Badass!

Text me when it gets there so I can come down.

Sure thing Dan, thanks brother for the help

Looks awesome! Great job Mark!

Now if we can just get if here and in service, the rig couldn't get into the Suffolk County training center for the NFPA third party pump test until Wednesday afternoon so we shall take delivery Thursday morning now instead of Wednesday afternoon/evening, thanks Chris, spent way to many hours on this project but the Fire District is very pleased with how this rig and our BRAT turned out and the great working relationship we've developed with the Firematic BRAT shop we may send our light rescue down for some upgrading of the lights to LED's and some reworking of the compartments, it's a 2003 Ford F-550 Rescue One and pictured below, first photo credit to Ed Harvey and Fire Service Photography.

post-16297-0-45733100-1381506542.jpg

post-16297-0-98585200-1381506796.jpg

Rear hydraulic tool area, this is an older photo as we just upgraded the Amkus large cutter and spreader and also added the 1/4 quick connects on all the tools.

post-16297-0-66415100-1381506829.jpg

And the 2009 Firematic BRAT

post-16297-0-95610600-1381509167.jpg

Edited by markmets415
EmsFirePolice and x4093k like this

We've changed a few things after the last few days namely adding an audible plus visual warning devices to the CAFS compressor which now sets our date of delivery back a few more days but as committee chair these safe guards are needed, so hey next week it is

EmsFirePolice likes this

I'm going to drag you down there, prevent you from making any more changes, and force you to drive it back to Wassaic. The "Blue Crew" will really be turning blue training on this thing when it arrives just as temperatures dip.

I'm just joking with you Mark. As I've said, the quality and the way they accommodate all the changes easily make it worth the wait. Better to get it right the first time then have to add it later, especially when it comes to the CAFS. But seriously if I hear one more week again, my first statement stands.

markmets415 likes this

I've played my last card Seth, no more delays hopefully. You've seen the work and our relationship through this process, I can honestly say this by far has been my best experience as a committee member and once delivered it will definitely show

x635 and PCFD ENG58 like this

A few shots sent from the shop of the front and rear consoles

Front console; you can see the GPS which is on a swivel and also is the back-up camera monitor, they added 2 -110 volt cigarette plugs and a USB port for cell phones, the seat belt monitor, the Litchfield County Connecticut and Dutchess County radios, the electronic Q2 control head, the small remote water and foam gauges as well as the pump engaged light and the brake for the bumper Q2 and a few cups holders.

post-16297-0-17297600-1382015221.jpg

Rear console; You can see the base for the portable radio for the driver at the front corner which is fitted with a David and Clark headset (you can see it in the side map box), behind that is the power unit for the SCOTT 4 meter gas detector, the 4 survivor LED flashlights, the Motorola portable radio bank and the TIC camera mounted in on board charger, the console in the rear was left open so gear bags or items can be stowed under it and the top is also open for use of a laptop, coffee pot or any other electronic devices, there are power outlets installed on the underside of the table top for power, the outlets and electronics are powered off the shore line and as soon as the Engine is started and goes off shore line the 3000 watt invertor comes on through a Kussmall switching box, this also powers the mini frig too, also the USSC SCBA seats which are great items, with a fold up base so you can access the rear without the seat in the way as well as they have the dual release handle in the base between the legs of the firefighter (yellow handle) which releases both the SCBA and the seatbelt, obviously if your on a run that will not require SCBA then you just simply release the seatbelt as you normally would.

post-16297-0-28568500-1382015220.jpg

Edited by markmets415
x4093k likes this

is the brat blue a different blue than the pepsi blue or is it just the pic that makes it look different?

markmets415 likes this

is the brat blue a different blue than the pepsi blue or is it just the pic that makes it look different?

They no longer make the DuPont color that are first blue rigs were, so the tanker, brat and the new engine are just a bit lighter

The Fire District is very pleased with how this rig and our BRAT turned out and the great working relationship we've developed with the Firematic BRAT shop we may send our light rescue down for some upgrading of the lights to LED's and some reworking of the compartments, it's a 2003 Ford F-550 Rescue One and pictured below, first photo credit to Ed Harvey and Fire Service Photography.

attachicon.gif69-51%20in%20amenia3.jpg

attachicon.gif24.jpg

Rear hydraulic tool area, this is an older photo as we just upgraded the Amkus large cutter and spreader and also added the 1/4 quick connects on all the tools.

attachicon.gif101_0163.jpg

The fire district gave approval to start this process with the light rescue (69-51) Wednesday at their monthly meeting, I will make a new topic thread just for this subject instead having it here where it doesn't belong.

Edited by markmets415
x129K and x635 like this

Sure would have been nice to see 12 at the call early this morning....just saying..LOL

markmets415 likes this

Sure would have been nice to see 12 at the call early this morning....just saying..LOL

The overheated washing machine at the DDSO?

x129K likes this

You know if you got a 100' Midmount Tower Ladder without a pump you'd be seeing him in blue at that call. Sorry to get off track.

markmets415 likes this

You know if you got a 100' Midmount Tower Ladder without a pump you'd be seeing him in blue at that call. Sorry to get off track.

Because we are still down an engine, JHK is dispatched to assist for any structural fire calls plus Dan has full permission to run to any of our calls, he's actually closer to the firehouse than I am. Trust me Seth I would love to have him as a member.

Because we are still down an engine, JHK is dispatched to assist for any structural fire calls plus Dan has full permission to run to any of our calls, he's actually closer to the firehouse than I am. Trust me Seth I would love to have him as a member.

Was just joking. He is a truckie trapped in an engine guy role, and knows deep down real trucks are 100' and don't have pumps, or at least that's how he used to be. He's easily enticed by that. I witnessed it when Yonkers got their new ALF TL's. I think that's the first time they used the bucket to carry down an EMS patient. LOL.

(Sorry for hijacking, I'll shut up now)

Was just joking. He is a truckie trapped in an engine guy role, and knows deep down real trucks are 100' and don't have pumps, or at least that's how he used to be. He's easily enticed by that. I witnessed it when Yonkers got their new ALF TL's. I think that's the first time they used the bucket to carry down an EMS patient. LOL.

(Sorry for hijacking, I'll shut up now)

Maybe a ladder could be in our future, maybe that might entice him :), I know another ride in the bucket of old 8 ball would do it.

post-16297-0-13208200-1382378155.jpg

Edited by markmets415

Flowing foam with the CAFS system this afternoon at the shop, Engine has been now fully tested and will be headed to Wassaic in the morning and should arrive at our station around 12-1pm

post-16297-0-00153700-1382643948.jpg

post-16297-0-14421900-1382643949.jpg

x129K likes this

Maybe a ladder could be in our future, maybe that might entice him :), I know another ride in the bucket of old 8 ball would do it.

SCREW THAT DEATH TRAP!

FFBlaser and markmets415 like this

After all the waiting the engine is headed to Wassaic

x4093k likes this