x635

*Spy Shots* WCDES New C&O Response Team Trucks

10 posts in this topic

Spy Shots

Westchester County DES New C&O Zone (TBA) scene response trucks.

(2) 2013 Chevrolet C3500/Supreme Body

WC Fleet # 567620 and # 567621

post-11-0-06204200-1374170771.jpg

post-11-0-71032700-1374170777.jpg

sfrd18, E106MKFD and FF398 like this

It's about time they gave them something better that hand me down ambulances. Lord knows they have enough money tied up in trailers and other equipment that never moves. Nice to see money spent on something that will get utilized. The big question is are they going to be pre-staged out in the county like the old trucks or sit at 60 control for someone to have to respond there and pick it up.

Disaster_Guy likes this

Are they not considered "emergency vehicles"?

Edit: Nevermind, just got an explanation

Edited by peterose313

Are they not considered "emergency vehicles"?

Edit: Nevermind, just got an explanation

Well, are they?

x4093k likes this

Well, are they?

Based on the explanation I received, yes. But they don't have/need lights seeing as they're not really needed.

I think there are instances where the C&O team would need to get somewhere as quickly as possible, or have emergency lights in some situations. The longer incidents wait for C&O, the more the evidence deteriorates or is compromised. Also, in situations like multiple brush or dumpster "firebug" type fires, they may need to move quickly from scene to scene. As firefighters, we're trained on how to "preserve evidence" during initial attack in basic training, but I know we don't do a great job of it on many occasions.

At least that's how it was explained to me in TX, but we have a lot of C&O/Arson/Fire Investigation experts on this board and may have different viewpoints.

How can it be an emergency vehicle without being equipped with lights/sirens. I would consider it more of a support vehicle then. I have never seen an C&E or investigator vehicle without being equipped.

How much faster would an investigation start if they responded lights and siren,10 minutes, 30, 45 ?

Would it make that much of a difference in the investigation?

peterose313 and INIT915 like this

I can't think of any situation where a fire investigator would need to get to a scene in an emergency.

"Quick, get here fast to investigate this fire," said no one ever...

But then again, people still respond lights and siren to sit in someone else's fire station, so what do I know...