Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FF402

New Peekskill FD Career Lt's

14 posts in this topic

From the Local 2343 Facebook page. Congrats to all.

Peekskill Professional Firefighters Local 2343
On Monday July 22, for the first time in City of Peekskill history, four Career Firefighters from the Peekskill Fire Dept. were promoted to the rank of Lieutenant. The newly promoted Lt.s have been promoted on a provisional basis for the remainder of the year at which time permanent promotions will be made based on the scores from the recent Lieutenants exam.
Congratulations to
FF/Medic Lawrence Faughnan,
FF/EMT Frank Pugliese,
FF/EMT Kevin Bristol, and
FF/Medic John Berlow on your promotions!

irishfire2491 and BFD1054 like this

Where do they fall in the command structure of the department?

Very good question. I wondert myself where they will fall on the command structure as well and if there will be a command vehicle for them. My next question is; will there be an additional firefighter staffed each tour? And does this mean they're finally going to hire so new candidates and up their staffing at least one more firefighter. It is rediculous that Peekskill has a Truck with a pump and one person manning it. I would think it's difficult to multi-task; operating an aerial while pumping just a single line :mellow:

A few questions about Peekskill: How strong is the volunteer force in Peekskill? How many members on average do they get to turn out at fires? What is their chain of command? How many career members on each piece of apparatus?

Congratulations guys.

Congrats Brother's. Glad to see some progression in the Fire service!!!

I think this is a great step for the PFD and about time. The next step ( in my opinion ) should be a full time Chief. For a department the size of Peeskill's with career and volunteers members there has to be a strong leader, not someone who is VOTED in for 3 years then out.

JunebugKFD257, FD36 and Bnechis like this