Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

NYPD New Bomb Squad Unit

16 posts in this topic

Very tight to get in and out of their quarters. They also recently received a Freightliner/LDV mobile command center that is much larger. I don't know where it is kept.

Is the Bomb Squad staffed in a similar fashion to ESU?

Is the Bomb Squad staffed in a similar fashion to ESU?

Meaning? They are a much smaller unit with only a couple of detectives per tour and respond citywide from Manhattan with either one or two trucks (I'm not sure)

That's what I meant, it's a full time unit staffed out of specific quarters as opposed to Detectives out of a traditions precinct office.

Very tight to get in and out of their quarters. They also recently received a Freightliner/LDV mobile command center that is much larger. I don't know where it is kept.

Wait bomb squad got a mobile command center too???

Unless there's something somewhere that states that this is a mobile command center, I would think that it's likely some other vehicle. First, every NYPD command post I've seen has at least been lettered "Command Post" in addition to the command it's assigned to. Secondly, the bomb squad is a very small unit, like less then 10 detectives per tour, I can't think of any reason that unit that small would need their own mobile command post. That leads me to believe that this vehicle is more likely a mobile lab for testing for explosives or maybe a truck that carries all their robotic equipment or something.

Not the bomb squad but NYPD also recently took delivery of this 2014 Sartin Services Medical Ambulance Bus

DSC_3362_zps18da6f77.jpg

DSC_3359_zps66b82428.jpg

Pagers, x635 and Anesti like this

And why does NYPD need a MAB unit? If there is a need for more than they have now, give them to FDNY/EMS. Unless it is only for police officers or something like that.

Oh man want to see the mab where is the pic??

Not the bomb squad but NYPD also recently took delivery of this 2014 Sartin Services Medical Ambulance Bus

DSC_3362_zps18da6f77.jpg

DSC_3359_zps66b82428.jpg

Pictures removed. Would like to see them.

Don't know why it did that, maybe because I edited the title of the album. Anyway, they should work now.

Thanks Eli that looks pretty awesome. I wonder want it says in the lettering something operations??

And why does NYPD need a MAB unit? If there is a need for more than they have now, give them to FDNY/EMS. Unless it is only for police officers or something like that.

From what I can find, it's not a MAB, rather it's used as a mobile medical examination room idea that can travel around to the different precincts, rather than have officers have to leave their precinct to report to wherever the main NYPD medical facilities are. Why it needs a full light and siren package for, who knows, maybe the whole "it makes it look like we have more cops on the street" logic.