Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Viper

FDNY discrimination lawsuit is finally settled

10 posts in this topic

After seven years of legal battles, the city agreed to 'broad injunctive relief and back pay' in a case alleging institutional bias against minority Fire Department applicants. The deal means a trial scheduled to begin March 31 will not be held.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/fdny-discrimination-lawsuit-finally-settled-article-1.1725120#ixzz2wKzp6gkc

Hopefully they can move on and get down to hiring quality people for a serious job, not just filling quotas from an unemployment line.

BFD1054 likes this

This is bull. Back pay?

Up to 10 years of back pay which means being vested and having benefits without ever being on the job. It is a disgrace!

This makes me want to puke. It's no longer about who is better suited for the position, it's a numbers game. I work in NYC and I'm buying an extinguisher, a water can, a bailout bag, and a AV-3000 with an escape canister just in case a truck full of these know-nothing cry-babies shows up in front of my office building for a working fire.

jd783, BIGRED1 and Ladder44 like this

Up to 10 years of back pay which means being vested and having benefits without ever being on the job. It is a disgrace!

More wasted taxpayer dollars. This is why they keep closing firehouses and reducing crew sizes. If we keep entertaining this garbage NYC is going to become Detroit.

BIGRED1 and velcroMedic1987 like this

It use to be if you where smart and strong enough you would pass and move to the next step. Now.. who has the best attorny when I'M not passing. Who gives a crap what color or sex you are, just pass the same test as everyone else and boom your a Fire Fighter. So many know all you have to do is pull out the raciest card and i will have a job. I remember many years ago a dept in Los Angeles was testing with 35ft ladders. Raising against the building and was being filmed. Well... a certen female recrut couldn't do it and sued. Happiness is!!!!!

A good liberal judge can decimate any job. Keep voting for them!

A good liberal judge can decimate any job. Keep voting for them!

In this case its not the judge. its the mayor who gave in.

In this case its not the judge. its the mayor who gave in.

It was a judge who sided with the vulcans which allowed the lawsuit to move forward . Then deblasi was elected and he capitulated.