Welcome to EMTBravo.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

x635

Sneak Preview: Greenville FD's New Ladder 4

8 posts in this topic

I've heard a now confirmed rumor that Greenville Fire District (Town Of Greenburgh AKA Edgemont AKA having a postal address as "Scarsdale, yes the one on Central Ave) finally is looking to replace the current Ladder 4, a 2001 Pierce 75'/1750/400 rear mount quint.

They were looking at a 100' Smeal rearmount straightstick quint, and were seen "test driving" both the truck and aerial through the district.

A "Protection From The Past" note, Greenville used to have a Mack CF/Aerialscope in the firecapt32 days.

Westfield12 likes this

Update: this item will go out for a referendum vote for funding during Fire District elections next Tuesday night (Dec 9th 2014)

Westfield12 likes this

Finally is an interesting way to put replacing a 2001 ladder truck. Look around New England, a 13 or 14 year old truck ain't old. Ours is a 1995 with NO plans of replacement.

Sometimes I wonder about how some people on this board miss reality a bit. They seem to think that money for equipment grows on trees and how we deserve certain kinds of equipment. I deserve a safe working environment. It's up to the taxpayers and the elected officials to decide what to provide me as far as equipment goes. It's the leaderships job to educate them as to how to best spend their money.

As far as saying a dept is finally replacing something that many other departments would be thrilled to have...doesn't quite jive for me with most jurisdiction's financial realities.

AFS1970 and Billy like this

Per a reliable source, the bond for the new Ladder 4 was approved by voters last night.

Westfield12 and vwwh1 like this

Update: From a reliable (and thanks to) source, the new Ladder 4 will be a KME 109' rearmount Aerialcat straight stick Quint. Delivery mid-2016.