Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LineCapt

Local Firefighter Disregards The Dangers Of Smoke

13 posts in this topic

I hate to be the "Monday Morning Quarterback", and it even annoys me.

HOWEVER, I also hate when firefighter friends die of cancer. Or short term, get other respiratory illnesses, such as CO or cyanide poisoning.

I think this was of a recent fire. This guy was sucking in smoke from a garage fire, yes, a garage fire, with all kinds of chemicals and materials you'd find in a home garage burning. This kind of exposure to toxins is preventable. AT LEAST PUT AN SCBA ON YOUR BACK! What could be the reason for not wearing an SCBA and not having your face mask on? There is none.

This photo was passed along to me...

post-218-0-31485000-1452397835.jpg

post-218-0-18793400-1452397133.jpg

he should have a pack on.but you dont why he is doing what he is doing.i see this in nyc all the time so relax NO ONE WANTS CANCER VERY POOR STATEMENT for a trainer like your self to say.

NO ONE WANTS CANCER VERY POOR STATEMENT for a trainer like your self to say.

Well, is he doing everything he can to prevent cancer or any other respiratory ailment, especially at this type of job? On the other side, what if he took of few whiffs of CO and whatever else was in that acrid smoke, passed out, and fell off the ladder? Dramatic, yes. Possible? Yes.

Westfield12, FFSiano and dwcfireman like this

he should have a pack on.

Yes, he Should.

but you dont why he is doing what he is doing.

umm....Sentence fragments?

.i see this in nyc all the time so relax

Just because the largest and most professional FD in the world does or doesn't do something doesn't mean that we all should follow suit. It's always dangerous on the fire scene, especially with all of the plastics and other crap that is burning. Remember the picture of FDNY putting out a garbage truck fire with no SCBA on? There's crap in there I don't want to smell when it's NOT on fire! If there's smoke, put on your SCBA!! If there's any chance at CO poisoning, put on your SCBA!! If there's any chance that you're going to inhale something you shouldn't, put on your SCBA!!

Yes, he Should.

umm....Sentence fragments?

Just because the largest and most professional FD in the world does or doesn't do something doesn't mean that we all should follow suit. It's always dangerous on the fire scene, especially with all of the plastics and other crap that is burning. Remember the picture of FDNY putting out a garbage truck fire with no SCBA on? There's crap in there I don't want to smell when it's NOT on fire! If there's smoke, put on your SCBA!! If there's any chance at CO poisoning, put on your SCBA!! If there's any chance that you're going to inhale something you shouldn't, put on your SCBA!!

i agree put your SCBA on all the time its all about being safe but maybe he had to do some thing fast or check on some thing? but a stupid remark about he wants CANCER? REALLY that doesn't belong on this site.

i agree put your SCBA on all the time its all about being safe but maybe he had to do some thing fast or check on some thing? but a stupid remark about he wants CANCER? REALLY that doesn't belong on this site.

The title may be dramatic, but you either want something, or you don't. If he didn't want to increase the risk of getting cancer significantly, he'd be wearing his mask. Of course no one wants cancer, but why would you subject yourself to something so blatantly? It's 2016.

Westfield12 likes this

What he said ^^^^

If you haven't watched the Boston Fire video, you need to.

Wear your damn mask.

Edited by STAT213
markmets415 likes this