Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Oswegowind

How Did You Come Up With Your EMTBravo Name?

66 posts in this topic

Mine is Oswegowind...I actually went to school in oswego and the wind there was ridiculous...there were even days when you weren't supposed to go outdoors if you were under 90lbs. I used the name originally as an aol instant messenger name so that my then girlfriend (now don't know where she is) and I could communicate without killing our pockets. She attended Albany and after the first month our parents were a little upset about the phone bill on both ends...high school sweethearts and all we were inseperable, well sort of...and so I decided to use it on this site. Sorry to bore you but I would like to know about the origin of your emtbravo name and what it means to you.

DOC22 I got the nickname Doc when I was a kid That' over a half century ago, damn I'm old! And the 22 is my accountability number at CFFD,hence DOC22. Kind of simple, really.

ryan mac was what i was called for short in school and im an emt.

Its my nickname, (nutty or how it is mostly used, nutty one).

"hey nutty one whats up?"

Horry County Fire Rescue Fire Fighter- The deparment i work for

HCFRFF

County designation of one of the ambulances where i used to volunteer, i always thought it sounded cool lol

Irishfire because i am from Verplanck and Irish in to firefighting had to switch it when the new EMTBRAVO.net switch becuase the system did not reconize me so i kept it close to the old one irishfire and added the dept chief number 2491 and came up with (Irishfire2491)

Irishfire because i am from Verplanck and Irish in to firefighting had to switch it when the new EMTBRAVO.net switch becuase the system did not reconize me so i kept it close to the old one irishfire and added the dept chief number 2491 and came up with (Irishfire2491)

My rank when I retired and my badge number, we're not talking rocket surgery.

Name of my fire company (Union) and the pride of our fleet (Engine 241)

EJS are my initials and 1810 is a take off on the Mahopac Chief's Radio Identifier. Back in the 90's whe I lost the election for Chief I was in lake George at the HVVFA convention and the Brewster Chief at the time (TP) called me that on the radio. It stuck and is also now my "unoficial " fire ground designation.

eng 158 is my favorite rig and in my opinion the pride of the fleet so i decided to use that.

Reliance is the name of the pumper company in the Yarmouth Fire Department that I joined 32 years ago. smile.gif

Edited by Reliance

Well for me, I am called Izzy around the firehouse. I got the name when I first came into the company and back when we had a softball team. At the time, my hair was long. One of the guys kept busting them on me calling me "Axle Rose" since I always showed up with my hat on backwards and music from my car blasting. At a company picnic, the guys found out that I played guitar and we began a night of jamming and having a few beverages. The following game, the guys were calling me Axle when my buddy stated " DUDE! He has black hair and plays guitar, so he should be called Izzy Straddlin'!" And the name Izzy stuck.

When I signed onto AOL I needed a screen name and chose Izzy obviously and added "Eng4" to it since i was assigned to Engine Company 4, and used this name for every fire forum or site I am a member of.

Edited by IzzyEng4

Well... I used to be Elmsford 2114 - Captain of the Ladder company.

Dispatcher ID at 60 Control. x since I am no longer working there. Could be HFD30 or x700 (my old Empress Shield #), but x635's more established, lol.

Ole....meaning Old

129...my Empress and old FD ID #

K.....I liked to say K on the radio...

I didn't think of joining the whole "x" craze....

One of the rigs in our station is Engine 106 which is in the Mount Kisco Fire Department.

I am a member of Ecplorer Post 700 of Port Chester and Rye. That is why I am pcfdrfd700

The rig I go to work with, the "midnight special'' Well worn, like me! blink.gif

Like alot of the replies so far, BFD is for Belltown Fire Department, and 182 is my ID number at the department. Our numbers are assigned when we join, and are simply a way of identifying us, that is used in record keeping only and not on the fireground.

I created this screen name for the Firehouse Forums (although I rarely if ever post there anymore), and carried it over to VolunteerFD.org, as well as a couple of other lesser known fire forums. So when I was told about this site and decided to register, it just seemed logical to keep it going.

I did make a conscious effort to stay away from unit numbers to avoid not being current, I didn't know how popular the whole "x" thing was on this site. It has worked out, because I am currently on my 4th unit number but I am still 182 in the department records.

vodoly is my aol screen name But i sould change it to EC truck(my favorite ride from when i was a member of Englewood Cliffs fire dept.

"RWC130"

-RWC my Initials

-130 my Engine Co number

It's also my AOL screen name and e-mail for a long time.

biggrin.gif

MFC - Millwood Fire Company

2257 - My radio designation when I originally registered on EMTBravo as Lieutenant in Millwood.... I should probably change it as I am no longer an officer.

MFC2257

Ems- Because i like what i do. Buff- Because i am one.

DPT6800- Mamaroneck Ems CAD ID. Because i'm a 60-control buff and i'm a volly there to lol.

Nickname given to me by the Captain of my VAC at the time. My real name is Howie, I was in the Army Reserves at the time, so Howitser. I spell it with an "s" cause when I tried to set it up with bestweb way back when, the "regular" spelling was taken.

My rank when I retired and my badge number, we're not talking rocket surgery.

??????? Do you mean Brain Surgery or Rocket Science????????

Its my AIM screenname, but I came up with it because Sage means green and Vigiles were Roman watchmen commissioned to protect the city from fire... Green Fireman essentially... because, as X635 will attest to, real firetrucks are green...

My Initials TR& FD badge #.

Another good question ,,,, How did you first hear about the site , ie. link, or word of mouth after a working fire or incident ?

biggrin.gif

millwood127

I am a member of millwood fire co. and 127 is my number in the dept.