Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rfdu39

First Snowstorm Of The Season 12-13-07

40 posts in this topic

On Thursday there will be a small snow storm affecting the area. But over the weekend we might get our first major snow storm of the year.

And??? welcome to new england....lol

And??? welcome to new england....lol

i second that

Let's see if I can make my first snow watch for the weekend, since I'll be getting home on Friday :)

Well, I work for the Highway Department, atleast untill January 1st anyway, and I hope the snow stays away!!! lol Im sick of plowing and sanding all night just for a few inches. And thats what our superintendant does, we stay out all night even if its a few inches just to make sure. But, I just found out the other day, (Funny you brought this up now pcfdrfd700) that I received a promotion at work for the Village of CObleskill, I will now be the Deputy Codes Officer in charge of fire inspections in all multifamily residential and commercial occupancies effective January First, with a substantial raise too. So after January 1st it can snow all it wants!!! lol

Stay Safe All

Moose

better not delay me getting home sunday night

You're not the only one that will be coming home from school in this weather. We can hope for clear weather together... haha.

Im driving home from New Hampshire on thursday night. Hopefully it wont be that bad.

sounds like i need to hurry up and put my snow tires on the caprice, otherwise i wont be going anywhere....

I don't think I would mind kicking back with some hot choclate and watching the snow fall with some good movies playing this weekend (especially since I don't have to shovel at the current moment!)

My camera's also reved up to shoot some DPW/Highway Trucks in action on Central Ave!

"If you don't like the weather in New England, just wait a few minutes." - Mark Twain

From the yahoo.com weather section:

Thursday: Cloudy with periods of snow during the afternoon. High 34F. Winds light and variable. Chance of snow 80%. Some snow accumulation possible.

...can someone tell me what the hell SOME SNOW ACCUMULATION means? i'd prefer the answer in inches...i’d even deal with centimeters!!

...can someone tell me what the hell SOME SNOW ACCUMULATION means? i'd prefer the answer in inches...i’d even deal with centimeters!!

I have been studying weatherman language for some time know, and I think I can help you with this. What some snow accumulation means is anywhere from a trace of snow to 3 feet is possible, if it evens snows at all because some times northern high low fronts push the storm off to sea... :D

From the yahoo.com weather section:

Thursday: Cloudy with periods of snow during the afternoon. High 34F. Winds light and variable. Chance of snow 80%. Some snow accumulation possible.

The forcast from News 12 calls for 4-8 inches of snow.

heavy snow advisory in effect for litchfiled counyt thursday 12pm to firday 12am

Heavy snow warning for ulster and dutchess thursday morning thru thursday night according to noaa weather in albany 6-10 inches.

I have been studying weatherman language for some time know, and I think I can help you with this. What some snow accumulation means is anywhere from a trace of snow to 3 feet is possible, if it evens snows at all because some times northern high low fronts push the storm off to sea... :D

lol i see you graduated you weatherman college with honors!!

Hope everything’s good w/ you!

Hey, you mind as well take out a Crystal ball and use that to figure it out. Just remember, the weather people have a 50/50 shot at getting it somewhat right.

I work for DPW (full-time Sanitation/equipment operator when it snows ;) ), so i wont mind a little snow since i could use the extra $$$ around the holidays. But im with Jonesy all the way. The money is great from the OT, but god is it boring to plow and salt in circles around town all night! I dont mind going in to throw salt down for a bit, especially on the weekend (double-time), but once you drop the plow, you know you're in for a long night lol! By the way they are talking, sounds like my weekend will suck.

I was suppose to go to my buddies house in the Dirty Jerz Saturday for a party, but it looks like i'll have to wait til i get outta work to have a few cold ones :angry: .

*BTW, Jonesy, congrats on the promotion, sounds like an awesome job brother, best of luck!

To those who must drive in this crap, like those of you who are coming home from school for the holidays, be careful & drive safe and slow!

Edited by BFD1054

Well, the snow has begun falling....fast! Large flakes accumulating quickly here in Hartsdale. If it keeps up like this, we're going to have a ton of snow!

This stuff is coming down QUICK and HARD in mid westchester!

Here in Dutchess too..

This stuff is coming down QUICK and HARD in mid westchester!

Here in Vestal too

Surprised FD hasnt got a call yet, I hear tons of MVAs in the area, Nuttin for VFD yet

I am awaiting to hear from the "official EMTBravo meteorologist", Emt301.

Apparently a former weatherguy/meteorologist.

I am awaiting to hear from the "official EMTBravo meteorologist", Emt301.

Apparently a former weatherguy/meteorologist.

haha you think we could get the weekend outlook too? Hopefully it wont be too bad of a trip home from school saturday and sunday :)

Apparently wintery mix Sunday?

No word yet on the weekend's storm, execpt that it will be much bigger than today's storm.

you think this is alot just wait untill sunday i heard 2 feet of snow

I just started gettin it 20 minutes ago. It's sticking FAST!

Mike

It's been fallin' hard and fast up here in Hamden, CT. I've been hearin the Q goin a bit today so sounds like theres some action up here.

Thanks alot joe rao...he got me all excited for 4-8 inches of SNOW, and all I have in Eastchester is sleet/freezing rain. This weekend storm better be the real thing.