Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Double Take

34 posts in this topic

Don't know if one of these was ever posted on here before. I drove by it today in NC but it's out of Michigan.

post-2533-1234902696.jpg

post-2533-1234902641.jpg

post-2533-1234902596.jpg

Edited by 210

That one or a similar one was up at the NYS Chief's Convention in Lake George this past year. It surprised me when I saw it there. I'm sure it surprises a lot of people going down the road.

Don't know if one of these was ever posted on here before. I drove by it today in NC but it's out of Michigan.

post-2533-1234902696.jpg

post-2533-1234902641.jpg

post-2533-1234902596.jpg

It's a push-me pull-me !!!!!

There was was something referring to this "rig", if you will, previously, but I don't know in what section, so I won't bother looking for it. There IS, however, a video some dopey kids did somewhat recently, so enjoy!!

Spartan has been doing this demo set up for a few years now. And it has worked for thier sales too.

Thats what happens when you have too many members on the apparatus spec comittee.

Ahh yes, Lake George is where we've seen this.

This rig will help the ye old argument of "im driving"....."no way, im driving." Definately an interesting sales pitch to say the least.

210...just curious, which part of NC did you find this? I passed an apparatus dealership down there last month, but was unable to stop for some pics/tour. The photos that you posted look familiar, that is why i ask.

"Command to Engine 1, I want you to back in to the driveway"

"Ummm, Engine 1 to command.... how do you expect us to do that??"

:unsure::lol:

Am I correct in assuming that one set of wheels will not turn?

Am I correct in assuming that one set of wheels will not turn?

If you look closely at the second photo, you will notice the set of wheels furthest from the building are dual wheels. Spartan Chassis is based out of Charlotte, MI and is part of Crimson Fire and Road Rescue Ambulances, as well as providing Chassis for RVs. http://www.spartanmotors.com/ I saw it once before while visiting family out in Michigan, but unfortunatley did not have the camera readily availible.

I've heard requesting apparatus for more manpower, but that is rediculous :P:P

I saw one at LI's expo, this might sound stupid but they use it as a display for the two fronts?

hope you dont have to lay a line

I like the idea. But, Where is the pump??? The hose??? The gear??? Who is he driver??? Or is this the truck to clear the way for traffic??? Or shut down the road with it???

Thomas

NFPA has gotten REDICULOUS about safety regs for a tillerman...

I saw it last year at the NJ FF Convention in Wildwood. It's strictly a demo piece to show the two types of cabs that they offer; it's not designed to be a front line piece.

We are 1st due........No we are 1st due, you are 2nd due..... :D

Ok...THATS the winner!~ LOLOLOLOLOL

I like the idea. But, Where is the pump??? The hose??? The gear??? Who is he driver??? Or is this the truck to clear the way for traffic??? Or shut down the road with it???

Thomas

Tommy boy, go back to sleep, it'll all be okay in the morning...... just a bad dream.........

Ahh yes, Lake George is where we've seen this.

This rig will help the ye old argument of "im driving"....."no way, im driving." Definately an interesting sales pitch to say the least.

210...just curious, which part of NC did you find this? I passed an apparatus dealership down there last month, but was unable to stop for some pics/tour. The photos that you posted look familiar, that is why i ask.

Taken in Sanford, NC south of Raleigh. Emergency Apparatus is a small dealership located about 2 miles from U.S. 1.

I remember seeing pictures of one of these years ago, but then it was about comparing cab heights. One end was the low profile cab that was popular in the early 1980's and the other was a full height one. If I remember correctly, it could be set to drive either way, so that potential customers could compare the two cabs.

This is one of those vehicles that I want to get behind on a highway, with an unfortunate buddy sleeping in the passenger seat next to me....

Imagine the suprise when he wakes up to screaming and then sees that facing him!

I saw it last year at the NJ FF Convention in Wildwood. It's strictly a demo piece to show the two types of cabs that they offer; it's not designed to be a front line piece.

That's what I thought and all the replys are funny

They got a few of them around i saw this one a the fire house expo

post-1688-1235088782.jpg

I remember seeing pictures of one of these years ago, but then it was about comparing cab heights. One end was the low profile cab that was popular in the early 1980's and the other was a full height one. If I remember correctly, it could be set to drive either way, so that potential customers could compare the two cabs.

You're thinking of the old PemFab double-ended cab, w/ the "wedge" cab on one end, and their full custom on the other.

They had one at Firehouse World also...as I said on another board, for the fireman who doesn't know if he's coming or going...

post-5252-1235719358.jpg