Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jybehofd

92.3 K-Rock to 92.3 Amp?

41 posts in this topic

Hey I was wondering if any one has offically heard of the change over? rumor has it that is will be within 48hrs so enjoy the only rock station you can get clearly in the area... I did a search on google and couldn't find too much.

Hey I was wondering if any one has offically heard of the change over? rumor has it that is will be within 48hrs so enjoy the only rock station you can get clearly in the area... I did a search on google and couldn't find too much.

A friend of mine works for 92.3's parent company (they also run Z100, Power 105, KTU, etc.) It's happening, enjoy it while you still can.

I really hope not. We finally got Booker back, and now theyre going to change formats again?

Say good-bye to O & A in the morning.

Me too.

I canned XM after that pos merger went through. I don't care what anyone said but that ruined XM Satellite Radio

When did this happen? After the near collapse of their company two weeks ago?

A friend of mine works for 92.3's parent company (they also run Z100, Power 105, KTU, etc.) It's happening, enjoy it while you still can.

This isn't true...

http://www.cbsradio.com/stations/index.html

Looks like they also own 1010wins, 660WFAN, 101.1 and 102.7

This isn't true...

http://www.cbsradio.com/stations/index.html

Looks like they also own 1010wins, 660WFAN, 101.1 and 102.7

I stand corrected, my friend works for Clearchannel, which owns all those other stations I listed (and WXRK, I thought). Either way, I still believe the switch is happening.

What are they switching to?

The people that run commercial raido stations are idoits. Just look at what they did with WCBS / 101.1. They took station that made 30 million dollars and changed the format to Jack radio and ran it into the ground. Then they switched back to oldies after they lost most of their advertisers and listeners.

The people that run commercial raido stations are idoits. Just look at what they did with WCBS / 101.1. They took station that made 30 million dollars and changed the format to Jack radio and ran it into the ground. Then they switched back to oldies after they lost most of their advertisers and listeners.

Both commercial and "freeform" radio formats are a shame. You only end up listening to the same thing over and over again or listening to something you have never heard before likely do not even like. The radio industry does not play anything good. That is why I am glad I can listen to my Ipod in my car.

History question. Who remembers WPLJ and them playing " Bennie and the Jets" from Elton John over and over???

The changeover is supposed to happen on 3/11. They are alledgedly changing to the Z-100 style of songs(yayy, more teenie bopper/rap crap!! <_< ). I was a loyal listener of K-rock for many many years, but how many times can you listen to stairway to heaven, back in black or (lord help me) Nirvana. They really need to play the other tracks on some of these CD's. Dont change the format, change the songs!!!!!!

Sirius Octane 20 has ruined me for FM radio.

They have been losing cities for the past several months. We lost them in Boston a couple months ago....sucks.

92.3 has never been the same since Howard left. Enough said.

Didn't they realize last time they tried this it didn't work. K-rock IMO was at it's best just before it went to Free-FM, when it was "Great rock period." They used to play an awesome mix of rock from classic to current. We had Howard in the morning, Dani from 10-2, and Booker from 2-7....that used to get me and the rest of the Ferris Carpentry boys through the work day. The fact that Booker is a HUGE Pearl Jam fan (or so it seemed) made 2-7 that much better.

+12345

+12345

+678910

I was so happy when I turned on the radio one day in May of 07 and heard K-rock on again. It will be missed.

This is horrible, this is the first i have been hearing about it. So no more Booker? Or O & A those guys got me through the miserable days at work :(

Long Live K-Rock, the Last Bastion of Rock Music in the NYC Area!

How can these Parent companies even think they are gonna make money with all their channels having the same format? "Hey we have a 95% share of the male 16-35 demographic here on WXYZ, why not add another station that will play the same thing as them." If you try and cover more the one type of music you get more listeners, more listeners means more ad space which means, you guessed it MORE MONEY FOR YOU!!! Hey are there any good country stations here in NYC area? Nope. A small station that played country would become a larger station when all the people who want the country find it. Leave the classic rock alone, leave the rap and "beats of ny" for other people.

wonder how long it will take them to realize they screwed up major AGAIN and change it back to Krock AGAIN

I never said hello. In my opinion they are on par with Diamond Dave. All they do is what Howard was doing years ago.

Thats for sure, but after 10 am it is as close as we are going to get, i'm afraid.