Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Mount Vernon To Aqquire Used Apparatus

31 posts in this topic

I've heard that Mount Vernon FD will be getting 2 engines and a ladder from departments in NJ? According to my tip, they possibly could come from Sayerville,NJ. They should be arriving in Mount Vernon next week.

Can anyone confirm or deny this rumor?

I guess FDMV needs to replace Engine 5 & 6 (Former Engines 3 & 4) and maybe its time to give back the Loaner Ladder from Yonkers (Ladder 78). Is the FDMV Mack Baker down and out for the count?

If anyone within FDMV knows what is coming from Sayerville and what rigs they are indicated to replace, that would be appreciated

I don't know anything about this at all, but it wouldn't be the first time MVFD acquired apparatus from other deptartments.

The truck is from northern NJ somewhere and is currently at the MVFD shops, and the engines are from either Sayerville NJ or Sayville LI.

Anyone have any idea where these trucks may be from?

Even though they aren't new,used volunteer trucks and engines from LI and NJ are usually fully loaded, newer, and in great condition and is a budget smart decision by Mount Vernon FD if so. Sometimes, in a cash strapped department like Mount Vernon, you get more for your money by buying used trucks and engines as described above.

I hope they are better then the last used obsolete aqqusitions Mount Vernon FD got from Tarrytown and West Harrison.

The Yonkers loaner was returned in early July - we needed to have it UL'd and PM'd for use at our upcoming probie school - after that it will most likely be auctioned off

I guess FDMV needs to replace Engine 5 & 6 (Former Engines 3 & 4) and maybe its time to give back the Loaner Ladder from Yonkers (Ladder 78). Is the FDMV Mack Baker down and out for the count?

If anyone within FDMV knows what is coming from Sayerville and what rigs they are indicated to replace, that would be appreciated

Smart move by Mount Vernon. Very often (not always) apparatus from smaller volunteer departments will have lower mileage, little wear and tear, and it can be obtained much faster than ordering new and waiting for the construction.

If MV needs the apparatus to replace front line apparatus that is out of service or problematic, they can get these in service quickly.

does anyone know how big is the truck ladder.

Agreed. If there is any way that FDMV can upgrade its fleet of apparatus "effectively" (and if it is primarily from Volunteer Departments in more affulent districts who can afford to purchase new apparatus regularly), then such cities as the "Finanically Strapped" City of Mount Vernon, can provide its citizens and the men/women of FDMV with "Up To Standards" Apparatus, then why not purchase "used trucks"

As soon as someone from FDMV can provide everyone on EMTBRAVO.net with the specifics on each of these 3 pieces of Apparatus (2 Engines, 1 Ladder), where they will be stationed and marked as, along with maybe some PHOTOS, that would be great and much appreciated.

Good Luck with the newly aquired trucks FDMV

1 Pierce 105' straight stick from Woodcliff lake NJ (Ladder 75) In Mt Vernon shop now.

2 Pierce Engines from Sayville LI, sometime soon.

1 Pierce 105' straight stick from Woodcliff lake NJ (Ladder 75) In Mt Vernon shop now

Anyone know the year of this unit, it looks like the same model that collapsed on us.

It didnt have the year on that dept's website but it does look like the old ladder 13 and former peekskill ladder 45

I would concur that the ladder is roughly a late 80's Pierce....possibly a 1989.

Also, it's nice to see MVFD aqquiring used apparatus that has enclosed cabs...I'm sure there will be several FF's happier this winter.

I would concur that the ladder is roughly a late 80's Pierce....Austin has similar.

Also, it's nice to see MVFD aqquiring used apparatus that has enclosed cabs...I'm sure there will be several FF's happier this winter.

It's probably a secret plan from the City of Mount Vernon. Buy enclosed cabs that can double as spare apparatus AND sleeping quarters...

I would concur that the ladder is roughly a late 80's Pierce....possibly a 1989.

You have to have manpower to put on the trucks first.

It didnt have the year on that dept's website but it does look like the old ladder 13 and former peekskill ladder 45

Old NRFD Ladder 13 is now in Maryland after doing a short stint in my home town back in early 2000. If I am not mistaken, it had a new aerial ladder put on it (no waterway). Here is the link to the department that has it: http://www.burtonsvillevfd.com/apparatus/apparatus.cfm

You have to have manpower to put on the trucks first.

Yes, but it's a step in the right direction, hopefully. With the economy the way it is and Mount Vernon politics, I don't see a very bright future anytime soon. Until then band aids will continue to be applied. This particular band aid will at least ensure that they have decent and safe apparatus, and hopefully take a load off of the one man shop which will also help with minimize downtime.

Seth - Any word yet on the 2 New Used Pumpers and the 1 Used Ladder Truck that FDMV was scheduled to get. Have they arrived and are they in service and what companies are using these new rigs? Any Photos?

Seth - Any word yet on the 2 New Used Pumpers and the 1 Used Ladder Truck that FDMV was scheduled to get. Have they arrived and are they in service and what companies are using these new rigs? Any Photos?

i hear the 105 foot pierce arrow from woodcliff lake is in service and is running as ladder 62 from headquarters.

Edited by Anesti

Any Photos yet of the New FDMV Ladder 62?

When are the 2 "new" pumpers due in and does anyone know where they will be assigned to?

Any Photos yet of the New FDMV Ladder 62?

When are the 2 "new" pumpers due in and does anyone know where they will be assigned to?

ill do my best this saturday but i never have any luck in mount vernon apparatus wise!

I know Ladder 2 (1998 Seagrave Lo-Pro 100' RM) has had it's problems, but didn't that run out of HQ's? Is that going into the spare pool, or is it being reassigned?

I know Ladder 2 (1998 Seagrave Lo-Pro 100' RM) has had it's problems, but didn't that run out of HQ's? Is that going into the spare pool, or is it being reassigned?

Saturday it was in the yard at Excelsiors and there is no ladder on the body.

According to my sources, when L-2 comes back from overhaul, it will be assigned to Station 1. The Pierce 105' from NJ will be going to Station 2, and Ladder 3's E-One TL will go into the spare pool.

As far as the Sayerville engines, they will be replacing Engine 2 and Engine 5 the way it looks now.

Special thanks to my sources for the info.

According to my sources, when L-2 comes back from overhaul, it will be assigned to Station 1. The Pierce 105' from NJ will be going to Station 2, and Ladder 3's E-One TL will go into the spare pool.

As far as the Sayerville engines, they will be replacing Engine 2 and Engine 5 the way it looks now.

Special thanks to my sources for the info.

.....and where does the Tower Ladder go ?

.....and where does the Tower Ladder go ?

The Seagrave/Aerialscope will be assigned to Station 3

I would then presume that once the E-One TL takes over as the primary spare, the Mack Baker Spare TL will then be put out to pasture or sold (if it already hasn't)?

I would then presume that once the E-One TL takes over as the primary spare, the Mack Baker Spare TL will then be put out to pasture or sold (if it already hasn't)?

Maybe they'll give it away.

Are there any shots anywhere of the vehicles these second hand NJ rigs are replacing ?

the Mack Baker Spare TL will then be put out to pasture or sold (if it already hasn't)?

The way things change in Mount Vernon, you never know.....but last I heard the Mack/Aerialscope is worn out and done.