Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EMTbravo

In Memory Of Yonkers Firefighter Patrick Joyce (LODD) 1 Year

22 posts in this topic

We've dedicated this permanent section of the forum to Yonkers Firefighter Patrick Joyce.

In his honor, we are moving/conslidating all threads about FF Joyce to this forum. Not only will this contain the online condolence card, but all other topics that relate to FF Joyce. This will also be the place to remember FF Joyce on anniversarys and announce any benefits in his honr.

It will also remind our members that, you can be in one of the best fire departments in the nation, with the best equipment and plenty of manpower, and still be very vunerable to the evils of our job. FF Joyce was a man who loved firefighting, and loved his family. His death was during active duty firefighting, while trying to rescue others, and he sacrificed his life for those people that could and were believed to have been in there, but weren't. In the course of that, Yonkers lost a firefighter from the premier company in Yonkers, Rescue 1. YFD lost a brother. And most importantly, the Joyces lost a husband, father, brother, and son.

Much like the Jimmy Boy forum, I'm sure FF Joyce's death will leave a legacy, and won't be forgotten-this forum will serve in his honor to help, to remember.

Link to the forum section (you are now in this section): http://www.emtbravo.net/index.php?showforum=145

(The staff will soon be listing criteria and more information on memorial forums-look soon in the "EMTBravo" section of these forums)

-Seth G.

Founder and CEO, EMTBravo

Great Job on the shirt, Well done

VERY NICE INDEED...

J - you know I need a few.

I am glad to see that we are not forgetting Yonkers Firefighter Patrick Joyce, and his Family. "EMT" Thank you for making this a permanent thread and combining all the post into one. Edited by nfd2004
batt2 likes this

J - post the picture of the memorial @ R1 HQ if you can...it is awe inspiring and an amazing tribute!

The shirts are in....... Special Thanx to MB of 911 wear (GFD) and TD of Downs Designs (EFD)for their help in this project ! Thanx Fellas.

*The proceeds from the sales will go to "The Patrick Joyce Fund" run by his Family, which will distribute the monies to the charities Pat was very active in, as The Ronald McDonald House, and Make-a-Wish Foundation", etc.*

The tees will cost $20. ea, come in Navy,Grey,Green & white (as available),and anyone interested in being a/your Dept. representative may contact me.

There will also be a Fundraiser on Oct 10 (10/10/10) in Social @ Dunwoodie GC with more info to follow and to be posted on that. Thanx for the support !!

post-182-097342100 1283128972.jpg

post-182-047941600 1283128986.jpg

Edited by R1SmokeEater
sfrd18, efdcapt115 and MoFire390 like this

I am glad to see that we are not forgetting Yonkers Firefighter Patrick Joyce, and his Family. "EMT" Thank you for making this a permanent thread and combining all the post into one.

That memorial is beautiful. Thoughts and prayers are with the Joyce Family, YFD & Rescue Co. 1, and Yonkers FD. I'm glad his memory is being kept alive with the benefit next weekend...what a great cause.

May your Day of Remembrance for Brother Joyce be a successful one, full of the good memories and a celebration of the Man.

Stay well all of you, and get home safely.

God Bless the Yonkers Fire Department.

Apologies to those who contacted me, and I'm late in getting back - Sorry, had a busy couple of weeks getting everything ready for the past Fundraiser......

I have shirts left, depending on size and color, for those still interested. Thank You.

Edited by R1SmokeEater

For those who were patiently waiting on the out of stock sizes, a new order is now in and available.

Thank You again !!

post-182-0-99717800-1293742376.jpg

Edited by R1SmokeEater
efdcapt115, sfrd18 and JM15 like this

Rest in peace. God bless you, and God bless the YFD.

x129K likes this

Great tribute, god bless Yonkers FD, I am sure he was a great guy.

Gone 2 years, but never forgotten....................Rest in Peace Pat!

x129K likes this

EVERYONE!

Patrick's legacy still lives on. Please let everyone you know about the 2nd Annual Memorial Benefit on October 15th. The family doesn't want any family or friends to miss hearing about the event:

http://www.patjoyce.org/benefit.html

For for information on Patrick and his legacy, click on the link below:

http://www.patjoyce.org/patjoyce.html

God bless you, Patrick.

x129K likes this

I'm pretty sure ff joyce would be proud of his fellow firefighters from YFD for keeping his soul alive. thoughts and prayers to his family, friends and fellow members of YFD! god bless u all!!! RIP FF Joyce