Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PCFD ENG58

Port Chester New York Fire Dept Engine 58

54 posts in this topic

The last open cab truck is soon gone. Its been long overdue.

No soon to become the new P.C.F.D. engine 16!

Um are those condos on the Byram side??? If I'm right that would be the old Hoffman Fuel site on S Water?

Yes it is , 3 years old and not one sold!

No soon to become the new P.C.F.D. engine 16!

A spare huh?

Yea thats me Dan. Just gave Sonny a boost up into the drivers seat!

Yea thats me Dan. Just gave Sonny a boost up into the drivers seat!

What will you guys do with a nice, reliable piece.....spoiled I tell ya! LOL

Looks AWESOME! The Pierce PUC is really a great design, numerous departments down here have PUC's including the City Of Austin which just took delivery of it's first PUC, a 2010 Pierce Velocity 105' Aerial.

Engine 58 looks very well thought out and heavy duty, as well as it's good looks!

I'm starting to get out of the loop with things up north and forgetting stuff as well, but is Engine 58 still a one man career firefighter operation when responding? Also, is Engine 59 staffed as well, with a career firefighter? Where do these Engines respond from?

I look forward to seeing more photos when everythings mounted and it's ready to roll!

Looks AWESOME! The Pierce PUC is really a great design, numerous departments down here have PUC's including the City Of Austin which just took delivery of it's first PUC, a 2010 Pierce Velocity 105' Aerial.

Engine 58 looks very well thought out and heavy duty, as well as it's good looks!

I'm starting to get out of the loop with things up north and forgetting stuff as well, but is Engine 58 still a one man career firefighter operation when responding? Also, is Engine 59 staffed as well, with a career firefighter? Where do these Engines respond from?

I look forward to seeing more photos when everythings mounted and it's ready to roll!

I will do one more set of photos when it goes in service,as for the man power it has changed, it got worst. At one time it was 16 men then 14 then 12 ,now 10 with 2 out and one retiring in a few weeks we are down to 7, yes I said 7! Maybe thing will change, I just don't know anymore.

Both rigs have a Career FF, E58 sometimes has 2. Right now the career staff is not at full capacity. E58 runs out of HQ on lower Westchester ave.E59 runs out of Sta 4 on upper Westchester during the day and out of Rye Brook HQ at night.

The new Engine 58 [2010 Pierce Puc 1500/30 Foam Pumper] was placed in service tonight @ 1700 hrs. Safe ride to all that ride her and all that need her help we have a state of the art rig to save you. The old rig[ 1988 Grumman Firecat ] served us very well but is very tired and will play a roll as a spare rig for a while. Any one wanting to stop by to check her out, you are wellcome to. I will do one more set of photos with all the gear on in the next few days. Thanks for all your comments.PCFD ENG58.

efdcapt115 likes this

Last time I was in the "Port" the tin house was up for E3, still had the Yellow Maxim. Question....does the career crew run 24/7, or are they like Ryebrook with a 7-7pm staffing?

Good luck with the rig!

Great shot Joe!

Is any lettering going to be added above the doors on the body?

Last time I was in the "Port" the tin house was up for E3, still had the Yellow Maxim. Question....does the career crew run 24/7, or are they like Ryebrook with a 7-7pm staffing?

Good luck with the rig!

That was around 1997,your last trip. Engine 58 and Engine 59 24/7 365 since 1923

That was around 1997,your last trip. Engine 58 and Engine 59 24/7 365 since 1923

Found a few of the pics I took that day.

portchestertinhouse.jpg

portchesteroldhouse.jpg

Edited by spin_the_wheel

Awesome looking engine. Can someone post compartment pics? Thanks for sharing. Best of luck with it PCFD.

Found a few of the pics I took that day.

portchestertinhouse.jpg

portchesteroldhouse.jpg

thanks for posting the old south main st firehouse good times in that fire house and the tin house

Big Water!

hey ang real nice looking rig best of luck with her , also did u ever get that photo of the old mellor hose fox that my old man gave to your son to give u