Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LTNRFD

What is this

47 posts in this topic

Does anyone know what this is used for. I have seen 4 in the Pinebrook Blvd Area of New Rochelle, 1 in the north end of N.R. 2 on Weaver St in Scarsdale and 1 in White Plains.

post-1341-0-10711600-1313177540.jpg

post-1341-0-60617800-1313177559.jpg

post-1341-0-46296600-1313177572.jpg

Some are on stand-a-lone poles and others are on the utility poles with electric, phone and cable.

efdcapt115 and sfrd18 like this

My guess is probably wireless internet service or cellular phone service.

My guess is probably wireless internet service or cellular phone service.

There is no phone lines hook to any of these units that I have seen. 3 of them are within eye shot of each other.

Maybe a remote control traffic light changer, being installed?

Lightning Rod?

It is grounded and passed the electrical inspection.

Maybe a remote control traffic light changer, being installed?

At least 4 are located in residential areas that do not have traffic lights within 1000 feet. In some cases over a half mile to the nearest traffic light.

I can think of a coupla possibles...

some sort of mesh/data network for one of the utilities

weather reporting remote stations

Radiation/Chemical or some other type of 'homeland security' device

though i dont know if these types of things would be so dense or not

I take back my original guess. It appears to be one of Westchester County Noise monitors for aircraft noise.

Noise Abatement

Edited by firedude

I can think of a coupla possibles...

some sort of mesh/data network for one of the utilities

weather reporting remote stations

Radiation/Chemical or some other type of 'homeland security' device

though i dont know if these types of things would be so dense or not

The only thing that I can guess is some sort of repeating station. It is only hooked to Con Ed and it's metered. Maybe weather but they are so close to each other that doesn't make sense. Homeland Security, again too close together and not in a high value area.

I take back my original guess. It appears to be one of Westchester County Noise monitors for aircraft noise.

Noise Abatement

I don't think so. There are more in the N.R./Scarsdale area then there are in the flight approach in the Rye Brook/Harrison area. And I don't see the Scarsdale or White Plains ones on the aircraft noise monitoring map. It was a good guess.

i dunno... your sightings dont match up with their location map on that site (follow links to the current report)

where's Barry - maybe he knows

I see he popped on this topic. He must not have had an immediate answer.

Barry there is one I.F.O. your old house up in Larchmont Woods.

I see he popped on this topic. He must not have had an immediate answer.

Barry there is one I.F.O. your old house up in Larchmont Woods.

Its either part of a PD mesh network (they have been talking about it, but I did not think they were ready to implement) or the new tracking system from 207a resolutions.

x129K likes this

Its either part of a PD mesh network (they have been talking about it, but I did not think they were ready to implement) or the new tracking system from 207a resolutions.

That must be the reason the City of New Rochelle's I.M.E. put that microchip under my skin.

It amazes me that the City of New Rochelle would not follow the GML 207-A law and not pay for medical care for an job ending injury. Then spend over $25,000 so they wouldn't have to pay a $800 bill. My tax dollars at work. And no one in the City of New Rochelle government knows who initiated this action or is responsible for handling 207-A at the city hall level.blink.gif

Is it for 4g network

I was told it's for cell Phone service they are all over the city too on street lights.They are about every 1/4 Mile in the Bronx you just don't see them

I was told it's for cell Phone service they are all over the city too on street lights.They are about every 1/4 Mile in the Bronx you just don't see them

There are 3 or 4 on Weaver St from the Town of Mamaroneck to the Heathcote Bypass in Scarsdale. This are is known for poor cell coverage and there has been no improvement in the area. Also there is no phone lines any where near some of the units.

Here's a thought. Cut a wire and see who shows up to fix it.

As long as it's not the City of New Rochelle who responds. It will take a long time. If someone shows at all.

Here's a thought. Cut a wire and see who shows up to fix it.

Hope its not verizon, my home phone line went dead the day they went on strike. They gave me the earliest available appointment, and its in 3 weeks. They also said that we would still be billed for any service we are not recieving.

Could it have something to do with the Indian Point siren system?

I think he city should tax them and make a few bucks. There may be a city ordinance on them already.

Can you get close enough to get an FCC ID off of it? Should be able to look the ID up on the net if you can get it.

Hope its not verizon, my home phone line went dead the day they went on strike. They gave me the earliest available appointment, and its in 3 weeks. They also said that we would still be billed for any service we are not recieving.

Can you hear me now?