Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JM15

Care 1 EMS

112 posts in this topic

Does anyone know where they operate out of? What areas they cover? Didn't they have a different name? I see their rigs it seems like all over the place recently.

Thanks

Care 1 EMS is the new name for Hudson Valley Paramedics/ Regional EMS.

In Orange County they are ALS intercept for Warwick VAC, Pine Island VAC, Florida VAC, Greenwood Lake VAC, Greenville VAC, Lenape VAC, Chester VAC (+ a BLS crew 6A-6P), and ALS backup to Port Jervis VAC.

They also have contracts with a couple of nursing homes and Bon Secours hospitals in Orange County.

I'm not sure about other areas although I do know they have something to do in Ellenville.

They Are Out Of Fishkill Too. Rt. 9 South Of Dutchess Mall. Also I Believe They Are Still Out Of Kingston Too, Could Be Wrong!!! Now And Add On Question, DC 911 Still Dispatches HVP For Pleasant Valley, Any Reason Why No Name Change???

Thomas

Amazing how many times some companies change names

They Are Out Of Fishkill Too. Rt. 9 South Of Dutchess Mall. Also I Believe They Are Still Out Of Kingston Too, Could Be Wrong!!! Now And Add On Question, DC 911 Still Dispatches HVP For Pleasant Valley, Any Reason Why No Name Change???

Thomas

For some reason, they still operate on Orange County radio systems as regional too. I've seen them show up in a care 1 rig, with one crew member wearing a regional ems uniform and one member wearing a HVP uniform.

Regional EMS=Hudson Valley Paramedics=Care 1 EMS

Lets not forget Empire State Ambulance. That was before they changed their name to Hudson valley Paramedic Services.

Edited by 50-65

Lets not forget Empire State Ambulance. That was before they killed an EMT and changed their name to Hudson valley Paramedic Services.

Despite my opinions on their operations that occur in my area...they didn't "kill an EMT"...the guy driving who fell asleep caused an accident which resulted in the unfortunate loss of a brother who was unrestrained in the back. That's about the only thing I can say about them at the present time...other then its been nice not having to act as their paramedic in quite some time.

67R93, INIT915, PFDRes47cue and 1 other like this

Now And Add On Question, DC 911 Still Dispatches HVP For Pleasant Valley, Any Reason Why No Name Change???

Thomas

They did a name change it seems... to "Mobile Life"!

At leats that what it sounds like on the radio! LOL

They did a name change it seems... to "Mobile Life"!

At leats that what it sounds like on the radio! LOL

:lol::lol: :lol: :lol: That's because PVFD doesn't pay for ALS after I believe 1800hrs, so Mobile Life jumps in for some fun, because Care1 doesnt keep a truck in that part of the county overnight.

Despite my opinions on their operations that occur in my area...they didn't "kill an EMT"...the guy driving who fell asleep caused an accident which resulted in the unfortunate loss of a brother who was unrestrained in the back. That's about the only thing I can say about them at the present time...other then its been nice not having to act as their paramedic in quite some time.

I'll retract the part about "them" killing an EMT. Having worked there for a time prior to that incident, I firmly believe that actions and inactions by the administration at the time directly contributed to the incident that occurred.

I'll retract the part about "them" killing an EMT. Having worked there for a time prior to that incident, I firmly believe that actions and inactions by the administration at the time directly contributed to the incident that occurred.

I won't deny you that brother...but the action still falls on the person driving. I'm going to leave it at that as I knew Matt and he was an awesome person all around and always had a hello and hand shake...and I want nothing to construe that I put anything on him as I would never do nor mean it that way.

x1243 likes this

One should also make a note that the Care1 name comes from the parent organization - a conglomerate of nursing homes. There isn't much information about the parent company online aside from some NJ operations (if that is indeed the same company) but it appears they are the parent organization/corporation for quite a few of the nursing facilities around the area. Their recent employment ads have listed them as having operations in New Rochelle and Yonkers as well, but I doubt that. Seems most of their work is in Northern Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess, Orange and Ulster. When they aren't actively on jobs they seem to like to post at the ERs - probably to be seen and pickup jobs out of those facilities.

A new division in Yonkers will be opening up soon servicing the above mentioned nursing homes.

In Orange county, the company must operate under regional should they do mutual aid work into PA.

Does anyone know where they operate out of? What areas they cover? Didn't they have a different name? I see their rigs it seems like all over the place recently.

Thanks

They had an ad in the Pennysaver looking for EMT's & Paramedics They're opening a station in Yonker's. Should be interesting on how they fare, as Empress is

pretty dominant in Yonkers.

A new division in Yonkers will be opening up soon servicing the above mentioned nursing homes.

In Orange county, the company must operate under regional should they do mutual aid work into PA.

Firecoins,

Curious if you can enlighten me and shed some light on Care1 Ems expanding to Yonkers. Am interviewing with them this week. I would appreciate

if you could share some insight on this whether you would apply, why and why not. Sometimes expansions such as these work, sometimes they don't

just finding it odd their moving into Empress Ambulance Territory.

What are the nursing homes?

Hey guys to shed some light on the topic we went live with yonkers today. I had the pleasure of bringing one of our rigs down last night. The name of the facility is westchester assisted living and senior home. We have a total of 4 nursing homes we will be servicing. Any questions feel free to pm or post. Stay safe

Ken

x4093k likes this

Where is their station in Yonkers? Would be interesting if they were right down the street from Empress like AMR used to be.

The old jewish center for the blind. The person that owns the facility is one of the owners. Put lots of money into the facility look really good.

Up here in Ulster, they are back ups to all BLS agencies when mobile life has no ALS units available and they run ALS to ellenville rescue when they have no medics available. As far as I know that are station in Kingston near the roundabout. And they mostly run transports to and from nursing homes from the hospital.

Oh, the old Guild Home for the Aged Blind? I was wondering what was going to happen to that place. What are they calling it now?

Thomas

we havent offically gone to our Care1EMS uniforms yet...as soon as we do then we will be called Care1EMS.

It appears county wont be dispatching them as Care1EMS because Pleasant Valley is now automatically covered by Mobile Life Support Services after 5pm M-F and on weekends.

It appears county wont be dispatching them as Care1EMS because Pleasant Valley is now automatically covered by Mobile Life Support Services after 5pm M-F and on weekends.

not really true...dc911 still dispatches HVP (care1ems) when plesant valley cant get out. and usually the kingston crew covers the call since we have been posting them in plesant valley on the weekends and over night during the week.

not really true...dc911 still dispatches HVP (care1ems) when plesant valley cant get out. and usually the kingston crew covers the call since we have been posting them in plesant valley on the weekends and over night during the week.

When PV cant get out on BLS calls? because I can assure you ALS calls in PV on off hours MLSS gets dispatched auto....Unless they give Empire/HVP/Regional/Care1EMS a call asking if they have a unit before they dispatch.

Edited by effd3918
EFFD4091-MLSS emt likes this