Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BFD1054

R.I.P. Robert Delvecchio-Town of Mamaroneck DPW Worker Struck & Killed at Waste Facility

16 posts in this topic

Link to Journal News article:

http://www.lohud.com/article/20111111/NEWS02/111110357/Mamaroneck-town-highway-worker-struck-by-truck-killed-waste-facility?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Frontpage

As a Sanitation Laborer myself, i know how dangerous the job can be. This was a horrible, tragic accident.

R.I.P. Robert Delvecchio.

My thoughts and prayers are with his wife, son, family members and extended family at Mamaroneck DPW. Thoughts and prayers are also with the driver.

Bobby was well known to the Town of Mamaroneck Fire Department and the Larchmont/Mamaroneck Volunteer Ambulance Corps. A friend to many he will be missed.

BFD1054 and x129K like this

What a tragedy...such a young man, with a wife and a child. My heart aches for this family. Rest in Peace.

BFD1054 likes this

Bobby was also an Empress EMT in the early 90's I believe.. I know alot of people in my area are hurting... Such a shame... May god bless him, his wife, his son and his family, both biological, and his extended family at the town dpw.. As well as TMFD, and LVAC.. =(

Rest In Peace Bobby!!! Bobby was a great guy i worked with him at Empress in the 90's. My condolences to his wife, son and family.

Edited by firegui

When x307 called me today to let me know I was shocked and heartbroken! Bobby was one helluva guy!

Words alone can not state just how good of a guy he was...and I cherish every second I knew the man. I hope his child know just how great a man his father was!

RIP Donkeyboy....taken too soon...

Bish...shoot me a PM pal...been too long Brother..we need to talk.

I worked w/ Bobby BITD @ Empress. Just saw him the other night at Shilelagh Law in Mt Kisco! RIP Bobby!!

x129K likes this

Thoughts and prayers. What a tragedy. My heart goes out to Bobby's family and friends, and also his coworkers who are also working with Bobby that morning.

Bobby DelVecchio is probably one of the greatest guys I know. When first meeting Bobby as a volunteer at Harrison EMS, it was always impressive with his base of knowledge. You sometimes realize that some people just get it. Even as a young volunteer you knew that this kid just knew what he was doing. Having the privilege to watch Bobby grow over the years just made me realize what a special person he is.

His career, while shortened, was a varied career affecting many in the emergency services industry. Developing from a volunteer in Harrison EMS, Bobby became an Empress employee and one of the best dispatchers ever. While working at Empress (this chronological might not be perfect) Bobby went on to work at Sea Tow, TCD,volunteer at TMFD, LVAC, and finally work at the TM Highway Dept.

His caring and ability touched many of us. There remain many police cars, fire chief vehicles and EMS fly –cars that Bobby touched with his dedicated hands. I have the comfort of knowing he personally built 49-11 and 49-12, and never had to doubt the craftsmanship involved. He was the ultimate go to guy. With every industry he became involved with, he automatically became one of the most knowledgeable people in that field.

Not many of us have had as much radio experience as Bobby. His handles of TAC-1, Medic (whatever), Truck 202, “Central”, A-1, 430, E-51, Sea Tow 2, radio repair, or the many other radio names remained ingrained in our memories.

The privilege of knowing and working with Bobby will be forever ingrained in me. Even at a municipal job, not always known for the most productive workday, he stood alone. If something needed to be done, Bobby made sure the job was done well.

The privilege of working with Bobby over the years highlighted many memories and I cannot express the loss and sadness I now feel. However, the knowledge of his contribution to society and many aspects of the emergency services industry bring me great satisfaction of my relationship and experiences with Bobby over the years.

I cannot begin to express my sympathies to his family and friends. His legacy becomes one of knowledge and experience of working with one of the greatest persons I have ever known. We will always love and miss you Bobby, and never forget the myriad of favors you have done for all of us. I sincerely hope your son Milo has the chance to carry on the many great virtues your display.

Edited by liver
x635, islander, BigBuff and 12 others like this

Visitation - Tuesday, November 15, 2011 from 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM at Coxe & Graziano Funeral Home

Funeral Mass - Wednesday, November 16, 2011, 10:00 AM at St. Vito’s RC Church, Interment to follow at Greenwood Union Cemetery in Rye, NY

x129K likes this

I had the pleasure of meeting Bobby when I worked for Empress EMS back in 1997.

He was one of the BEST Dispatchers at Empress. He loved Police, Fire, EMS!

All the years that had passed since then we still kept in contact and shared some good laughs

from time to time.

He will be missed by all that knew him.

RIP Brother!