Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EMTbravo

EMTBravo.net Celebrates 8 Years Online

26 posts in this topic

Today marks the 8th year that EMTBravo.NET has been online.

Thanks to all the members, staff, and everyone else who have helped this forum to succeed and become what it is for the past 8 years, and many more to come.

Seth G.

Founder and Executive Director, EMTBravo

seth@emtbravo.com

AKA "x635"

sfrd18, x129K, jack10562 and 16 others like this

Happy 8th to the crew of EMTBravo.....I enjoy my time spent here and wish for the site's continued success!

EMTbravo likes this

Happy Anniversary to EMT Bravo and many more years to come. Enjoy the site.

EMTbravo likes this

I remember the night I joined; at work and Joey Pinto told me about the site. I love my membership number "1020"="proceed with caution."

I love being involved with the site. It's been tough at times; relocating to South Carolina, then Florida, physical pain issues from the job, etc.

I was proud to hold the "points that don't matter lead" for a very long time, but it got to me, and I'm glad that Barry holds that title now, as he's done so much for the fire service in Westchester. He's a man ahead of his time unfortunately for Westchester. They should get up to his speed, and many of the problems with staffing and response we discuss on the boards here could go away. Our conversations could shift to how well a consolidated service gets the rigs and manpower to jobs, and how the District could get in the game with Yonkers and FDNY.

I hope I'm around to see that day come; in the meantime I still love kicking around all the stuff we do here on the board.

Great job of moderation by a dedicated team, and Seth, a visionary whose dream of an effective website is slowly coming true.

Keep up the great work, and thank you all.

helicopper, EMTbravo, JJB531 and 1 other like this

To everyone who has posted, thank you! On behalf of the staff and myself, we don't see much appreciation expressed on the forum, and we truly appreciate everyone's kind words and congrats messages. It's not why we do it, but with the countless hours each of us spend on the site each day, it's nice to hear some appreciation for the site every now and then (on the forums that is).

I welcome any questions on the history of the site as well. Every year, I usually type out a detailed message, but this year I decided to keep it short and sweet.

Seth G.

8 YEARS!

I remember the day you IM'd me Seth announcing EMTBravo

CONGRATS!

ALL MEMBERS, We have a special event planned for January

stay tuned for more details...

Who would've thought that scrawney pimple faced kid driving me around Yonkers would have done all this?

Good Job, Sethy.

Happy Anniversary! Thank you Seth and his team!

wow 8 years already have you ever figured how many posts that could be??

Lots of vital information gets passed along in here---as well as some non essential stuff too :)

The site is here for all to learn and to pass along things.

Seth and staff keep up the great work and remember most of us can weed out the crazy stuff and concentrate on the good learning things that get posted in here.

Heres another thing to figure how many years of experience is on the site??

wow 8 years already have you ever figured how many posts that could be??

Our Board Statistics

Total Posts 239,347

Total Members 13,355

Newest Member EMTDenny389

Online At Once Record 160

11 August 2011 - 11:13 PM

Happy Anniversary EMT Bravo! Truly a labor of love Seth!

And ever quickly did those 8 years go.

chiefhac

x129K likes this

Thanks again, guys. It's amazing how many people you can bring together how many friends you can make, and how many personal changes you can go through in 8 years.

Many people on this forum, especially several people who posted on this thread, helped me become what I am today. x129k introduced me to the "Tac" concept of BLS, and the importance of strong BLS skills and pride. Him and Frank were kick ass EMT's, and Yonkers fit them best. Bill gave my a solid foundation for my EMS-ALS career, and insights on life. We've traveled to Gloucester together, and saw who Bill really is. He is a great friend to me even to this day, who can be a devils advocate and make you think. All were part of the Empress family, and are just some of the people that makes Empress EMS the best agency around. Chief Campbell gave me the oppurtunity to become a 60 Control Dispatcher, which at the time was a dream job considering I had been listening to a scanner since age 9. It also provided me with excellent pay, schedule, and benefits for someone my age. His friendship and support of me to this day means a ton to me. He is one of the nicest and most knowlegable people around. It also provided my with the number "635", and the knowledge and friendships to start this site. Capt. Ferguson made me a Career Firefighter, and with his co-staff, tought me many lessons. I just told the "Goose Story" to some of my co-workers today. efdcapt115 and Joe T. have become friends who have been through similar issues to mine, and always keep such a great spirit Rob's my "CIA", and has always looked out for the best interests of this site, and I haven't given him enough credit. Pete and I were members of the original Code 3 forums from the start years ago, and helped me in various ways and has also been a supportive friend who I've never even met in person!

These are just a few of many people who in some way, shape, or form, helped to inspire me to create and keep running with this site. There are many, many more members who are truly great friends and mentors, I just wanted to mention the ones who posted in this thread because they also have something to do with this website existing.

I'd like more of you out there who have been in my life to post so I can include you in my story and how it affects this website!

efdcapt115 likes this

LOL...I remember a skinny, buffed out, pimply faced kid clmbing into Frank and My's Tac bus one day, "Don't touch anything and don't eff anything up!"

We did that hot trauma job at the school off of Executive...poor kid slung thier backpack over their shoulder and the momentum took them over the send floor railing...High Fall..Tac 2 saved the day, and untold lives. LOL

I would go back to those days in a heartbeat.

I thought I had grown out of the acne stage since then. Empress provided me with the health insurance the completly covered the dermatologist and Accutance that got rid of that.

I remember the time Dan and I were working together, and we had a door job at Saw Mill Pkwy and Executive, in the loop. Rob Barber showed up with the County PD ESU truck, and you and him went to work.

I also remember you being responsible for putting the Empress website address on the doors of the newest Tac buses. You guys ran with 23 as your truck, right?

Sadly, I also remember working with Bobby Delvechio on my "observation" shift when I was new, I forgot who else I was with, but we were on Post 4 and had a no hitter.

And, with you and Frank, and me and Bill, and Mark B as 307 the antics that would go on at Post 1, especially during the snow.

Also, I have no idea where he is nowaday, but Bobby Diller gave me the application to 60 Control and I always meant to thank him for that.

Also, I met Jack through working with his wife at 60 Control. Jack is now a Forum Manager and also a great friend. Joyce and Jack were very supportive of me in the days and weeks after my father was killed.....I still miss Joyce's lasagna and remember the station wagon.

x129K likes this

FAC911 was, and probably still is, the undisputed KING OF TRAUMAS!

Wow 8 years...time flies.

Let's start planning a ten-year Anniversary celebration? All y'all are invited to "The Sport Fishing Capital of The World" (that would be here in the upper Keys of Florida) B)

Edited by efdcapt115
x129K likes this

Wow 8 years...time flies.

Member #85. Where do I even start with how involved you have been with me and this website, lol? I remember when I started this site how wickedly popular you were on the Firehouse.com forums, and you brought that over here which started and added to many great discussions.

As far as Rob goes, I should mention he is actually Member #2. During a software upgrade many moons ago, our numbers were bumped up by 1, so EMTBravo was #2 and RWC130 #3. The #1 is currently a phantom number.

In 8 years just think how many people in the NY Metro Area logged onto EMTBravo

to find out about an Incident, Photos, Training Classes, Exams, Etc.

We have A LOT of people who love us and even a few who hate us.

Botton line EMTBravo is a very useful tool for ALL of us involved in Emergency Services.

I've networked with a lot of people and made some good friends.

Member # 2

THANK YOU SETH!