Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
grumpyff

LODD Police Officer Peter Figoski, NYPD 12/12/11

30 posts in this topic

Police Officer Peter Figoski of the 75 Pct died from a gunshot sustained in the line duty. Officer Figoski was responding to a burglary in progress, when he was shot one time in the face. Figoski was a 22 year veteran of the NYPD, and leaves behind 4 daughters. Details of the wake and funeral to follow as they become availible.

Fidelis ad Mortem. Rest in Peace brother.

Edited by grumpyff

Rest in Peace...

REST IN PEACE BROTHER. Condolences are with your family, friends and fellow Officers.

This has been a terrible past couple of days for emergency services.

Rest in Peace............. Hopefully they caught the Mutt who did this!

RIP to the family and the blue team from the 75th PCT and all of NYPD

Rest in Peace brother. Another tragic loss to our community.

Rest in Peace Brother. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and Brother and Sister NYPD Officers. Godspeed.

May God bless Officer Figoski, his family, and the NYPD.

RIP Officer Figoski

Its always a terrible thing to lose someone, but to lose someone in such a tragic, heinous way is unimaginable.

Edited by BFD1054

He's from my town, I attend school with his daughters, didn't know him or the family, but his legacy is evident. Rest In peace.

RIP. A tremendous loss to the NYPD. Condolences to his family and friends...

Rest in Peace

What a horrific tragedy. 22 years on the job to be shot in the face by some savage animal for doing his job. What do you tell his 4 daughters? This makes me sick to my stomach.

Rest in peace brother.

Edited by Bull McCaffrey

May St. Michael welcome you home to paradise! Well done good and faithful servent. Rest easy in the company of the angels and the saints.

Rest in Peace.

So sad. This was so totally preventable. The perp was in custody for other crimes more than once and he walked each time.

I borrowed this from a friend of mine on Facebook who borrowed it from a freind of his both proudly wears the blue to serve and protect. Thank you to all the PO's, your service is appreciated! I just had to post it. I think it's beautiful.

"It's sad days like today that make being a police officer rough. Like me & thousands of others, PO Pete Figoski kissed his girls and left his house last night for work. He drove in, put his uniform on like he did for 22 years, stood roll call, joked w his coworkers as he walked to the car with his partner & went on patrol. Maybe they talked about their day. Maybe their families. Maybe what they ...would do tomorrow. Then the radio run comes in. It's a run we have been to 100's if not 1000 times. But this one was different. He didn't know exiting the rmp that it would be the last. We never know when we get out of that car what to expect. Pete could have left 2 years ago. I didn't know him, but I guess he loved the job. Friends that did say he was in the 75 his whole career. That's dedication. Dedication like that that is taken for granted by the people we serve. People at OWS who push our limits. Yell shame in our face. Manipulate videos to portray us as a "Nazi" type department. But what we are is exactly what Pete was. A father, a husband, a son, a neighbor & a friend. A man who loved his job as much as his family. We as cops were his 2nd family. You will be missed. I will think of you for the next 7 months until I retire every time I kiss my girls and I leave for work. Thank you Pete. You may not have heard it everyday when you went to work, but as a fellow brother in blue, thank you!

grumpyff and jack10562 like this

Funeral Arrangements for NYPD Peter Figoski:

Wake Sat & Sun 1400-1630hrs and 1900-2130

Boyd Funeral Home

448 West Main St

Babylon, NY (631)669-2400

Funeral Mass Monday 1100hrs

St Joseph Church

39 N Carll Ave

Babylon, NY 11702

Cemetery: North Babylon Cemetery

Livingston Ave and Sunrise Hwy