Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jjpinto

FDNY Apparatus 03-10-12 Part 2

22 posts in this topic

Awesome shots as always, Joe!

Please let me know when you plan on your next photo run. I'd like to join you.

you must have caught 23 literally minutes after we did them, same spot and everything!

We caught them on coming north on 11th Avenue as they were heading back to quarters and they took us over to the spot on 58th Street.

their area is so tough now. there was a great group of guys working that day.

photo-1JPG.jpg

I got the chance to get a picture of a FDNY Battalion chief. I personally think these are the nicest Battalion trucks yet, down there.

Edited by x4093k
210, BigBuff and sfrd18 like this

photo-1JPG.jpg

I got the chance to get a picture of a FDNY Battalion chief. I personally think these are the nicest Battalion trucks yet, down there.

Nice pic. Not sure a battalion chief however. I think EMS boss but I'm sure one of the city guys can confirm.

Battalion chiefs use the same vehicle. The only differrnce is the slide out compartments.

Nice pic. Not sure a battalion chief however. I think EMS boss but I'm sure one of the city guys can confirm.

FDNY EMS BC, k. FDNY Battalions now are also starting use the same trucks. I believe that they both have slide-out compartments, but I'm not sure.

whats on the front bumpers,LDH intake and driver side discharge?just asking.

FDNY EMS BC, k. FDNY Battalions now are also starting use the same trucks. I believe that they both have slide-out compartments, but I'm not sure.

If they have a star of life in the cap window they are EMS conditions cars operated by an EMS Lt or occasionally a Captain. A while back the department ordered several of these vehicles, 80 I believe. 40 went to Fire Battalions and 40 EMS. The Fire and EMS versions have different slide out trays.

sfrd18 likes this

whats on the front bumpers,LDH intake and driver side discharge?just asking.

The connection in the bumper is a intake, and both swiveled elbows on top are discharges.

If they have a star of life in the cap window they are EMS conditions cars operated by an EMS Lt or occasionally a Captain. A while back the department ordered several of these vehicles, 80 I believe. 40 went to Fire Battalions and 40 EMS. The Fire and EMS versions have different slide out trays.

Also, don't EMS Divisions run red Impalas...

5891435834_150aa08ab6_z.jpg

sfrd18 likes this

The connection in the bumper is a intake, and both swiveled elbows on top are discharges.

Normally, coming up out of the front bumper on the Officer's side is an intake, with the discharge coming up out of the bumper on the Driver's side. According to this article http://www.seagrave.com/images/FireRescue%20Mag_FDNY_Nov%2008.pdf FDNY added an additional intake in the front of the bumper.

firedude likes this

Also, don't EMS Divisions run red Impalas...

Divisions have impalas and other older sedans.

Normally, coming up out of the front bumper on the Officer's side is an intake, with the discharge coming up out of the bumper on the Driver's side. According to this article http://www.seagrave....FDNY_Nov 08.pdf FDNY added an additional intake in the front of the bumper.

Oh, so I was almost right, lol. So two intakes and a trashline...

Officer side is the intake just like the 1994 series.

ECC side has the normal discharge and the new larger discharge

junior215 likes this