Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EMTbravo

New EMTBravo.net Software

135 posts in this topic

The site looks great - very impressive. Never knew you could see details about members by putting cursor over name at "who's on/visiting site" (lower User) section - neat touch. Thank you for spending so much time and effort and probably stressful moments too trying to make the site more user friendly.

And, like this post, it is sooooo nice to have it auto saved so if it does not post earlier, and you have to go back to work in the real world because break is over (boo, hiss), you can find it again and toss it up there just so the over-worked EMTBravo stff member(s) who make this site so enjoyable and are trying to accomodate all of us with our different likes/dislikes/bells and whistles preferences can have fun playing.

Thank you, Seth!!!! And thanks to the moderators, who keep us in line....

Plus, I just edited my post.

Edited by sueg
x4093k likes this

I am running the latest version of Firefox, and it is still not letting me edit posts. I click edit, and the edit screen opens, but it will not let me save it it.

Edited by grumpyff

Seems to be slower than ever here as well.....I mean - a good 20-30 second lag loading pages.

2231* likes this

The save changes tab, and Full editor tab appear, but do not work. If I click on cancel, it brings me to the top of the page, and when you scroll down it still has the editor box open

My full edior button does not work either, but the save changes button does. I guess it's the latest bug... <_<

Edited by x635

Yes. I did away with that feature until I had time to discuss it with members and the staff as to what number would equal in words.

Basic Firefighting chain of command;

1-25 = Rookie (or probie)

26-50 = Firefighter I

51-100 = Firefighter II

101-200 = Lieutenant

201-300 = Captain

301-400 = Assistant Chief

401-500 = Deputy Chief

501-600 = Chief of Department

over 600 = Fire Administrator

Or something to that effect. And before everyone starts ripping apart the titles I used, YES, I KNOW, there are different titles used by different departments/states, so any title agreed upon is fine with me, just throwing out ideas.

Or you could do a site specific title like

1-25 = EMTBravo Newbie

26-50 = EMTBravo Trainee

51-75 = EMTBravo Word Wizard

76-100 = EMTBravo Veteran

101-200 = EMTBravo Guru (Eligible for Moderator/staff assignment)

201-300 = EMTBravo Keyboard Cruncher

Just a few ideas to work with and build from, I think it would make it more interesting, and create an atmosphere that people want to post good content in to get recognized instead of the pointless one line bashes that could receive negative points.

Also, will we have the choice to use different backgrounds, or skins again like we used to have or is this the only choice? Thanks!

Site looks good...

Anyone else having trouble editing posts? I went to add something to a post, and it would not let me save changes

I am running the latest version of Firefox, and it is still not letting me edit posts. I click edit, and the edit screen opens, but it will not let me save it it.

The save changes tab, and Full editor tab appear, but do not work. If I click on cancel, it brings me to the top of the page, and when you scroll down it still has the editor box open

I tried to replicate the error on your account,, and it gave me no problem. Could it be your security software? i will try to research this and see what can be done.

Thank you, Seth!!!! And thanks to the moderators, who keep us in line....

You're welcome.

Seems to be slower than ever here as well.....I mean - a good 20-30 second lag loading pages.

Is this a constant thing? The server shouldn't be running slow. Around what time did this happen? What browser, ISP, and type of computer are you using? I will research this further once I have the info to go on

My full edior button does not work either, but the save changes button does.

To clarify, you can save changes made in the Quick reply, but cannot open the full editor?

Also, will we have the choice to use different backgrounds, or skins again like we used to have or is this the only choice? Thanks!

As soon as I can work all the bugs out, then I will adding new skins.

firedude likes this

At work and home......super slow

All the timne

I am working on the speed issue now. May take a day or two to get it resolved.

I am working on the speed issue now. May take a day or two to get it resolved.

I've been on the site both via mobile and my laptop and have had no issues with speed.

firedude likes this

I have also found the site to be significantly slowed since the update. (home computer and work computer)

At work and home......super slow

All the timne

I have also found the site to be significantly slowed since the update. (home computer and work computer)

The site (now) is runing just as fast as it was pre-upgrade, if not faster.

Since this site depends heavily on databases, there may be some times in which it will run slower then normal periodically. The new software has better software to deal with that. We also have a dedicated server so that we can have the fastest possible site for our members. Sometimes, we have 500 users accesing different parts of the database at the same time, and you won't notice a difference. I constantly keep up on the server performance and other issues to make sure this site runs perfectly on the tech end of things.

Please keep in mind that this can be variable on your side as well. Your computer, operating system, browser, internet connection, cache, ISP, the way you have your EMTBravo.net account configured, and other factors play in to the speed as well.

I can't edit shouts once posted. The text box window pops up with the text inside it. However once I click the "Edit Shout" button, nothing happens.

I just tested it out on the shoutbox, it is not working for me either. (Once you press edit, then theres another button to submit it to the box, and it just does nothing)

It's not just you peterose.

I've been running the site on a desktop/google chrome browser and a netbook/chrome as well. No speed problems encountered. One thing I miss is the list of names at the bottom of a thread. It felt communal. Like I remember events as they were happening and there were 75+ members all crowded into the thread. Felt like something.

These new threads had the members reading it on the bottom, but that disappeared. Also the list of those who visited a thread is gone.

I'd like to see those two features put back up.

firedude and x4093k like this

I can't edit shouts once posted. The text box window pops up with the text inside it. However once I click the "Edit Shout" button, nothing happens.

These new threads had the members reading it on the bottom, but that disappeared. Also the list of those who visited a thread is gone.

I'd like to see those two features put back up.

I agree, I liked those features, too. They were there, and now dissapeared after I installed a security patch. I'm looking into it.

As far as the Shoutbox, I can't seem to replicate the issue right now. I was able to post, and Jetphoto right after me. It may take a few seconds to accept.

OK, the "Users Viewing Topic" and "Users Who Viewed Topic" are back. If someone would just confirm and advise, I'd appreciate it.

I apologize, I accidentally turned off that feature and didn't know it. Thank you George for bringing it to my attention.

efdcapt115 likes this

I dont think its working properly, ti has been saying 3 people are viewing this for about an hour now, unless the same 3 people are viewing it..

I dont think its working properly, ti has been saying 3 people are viewing this for about an hour now, unless the same 3 people are viewing it..

In order to conserve resources, that list does not update often, as it's a very low priority as to who's viewing the shoutbox in the independent module.

I agree, I liked those features, too. They were there, and now dissapeared after I installed a security patch. I'm looking into it.

As far as the Shoutbox, I can't seem to replicate the issue right now. I was able to post, and Jetphoto right after me. It may take a few seconds to accept.

Posting a shout is not an issue, it's the editing of the shout that the issue lies. When you click on the button to edit the shout, a text box pops up with your shout in it. Once I edit the shout with whatever content was removed or added and click on the "edit shout" box to complete the task, nothing happens. The clear button doesn't work either in it so I have to delete the shout altogether and re-post with the edited version.

There seems to be sector and role portions of the profile. My role was somehow modified to police officer. Looking through this thread there seems to be number of other "police officers" as well.

x4093k and firedude like this

There seems to be sector and role portions of the profile. My role was somehow modified to police officer. Looking through this thread there seems to be number of other "police officers" as well.

I laughed when I saw this.. I noticed this too, somehow career fire chiefs turned into police officers within minutes :P

Good catch!

OK, the "Users Viewing Topic" and "Users Who Viewed Topic" are back. If someone would just confirm and advise, I'd appreciate it.

Working nicely bro. Thanks.

All members have to redo their sector and role part of their profile, as it was reset during the upgrade.

Just reminding you folks..

Edited by x4093k

Posting a shout is not an issue, it's the editing of the shout that the issue lies. When you click on the button to edit the shout, a text box pops up with your shout in it. Once I edit the shout with whatever content was removed or added and click on the "edit shout" box to complete the task, nothing happens. The clear button doesn't work either in it so I have to delete the shout altogether and re-post with the edited version.

Had this happen to me too, FWIW.

Someone asked me to update the IA on the Peekskill fire, however, I've tried from a couple of different computers and don't get the Edit button. When I submitted the report I was able to edit but now I can't.

Is there a time window that the post is editable? Or some other quirk?

Had this happen to me too, FWIW.

I still can't post an edited shout in the shoutbox. It lets me edit the shout but the tab that says "edit shout" that basically completes the task doesn't do anything. I have to delete the post and correct it by posting a new shout.

I still can't post an edited shout in the shoutbox. It lets me edit the shout but the tab that says "edit shout" that basically completes the task doesn't do anything. I have to delete the post and correct it by posting a new shout.

Same