Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EMTbravo

New EMTBravo.net Software

135 posts in this topic

Unfortunately, I do not "do" Facebook, but thanks for the heads up on the major software upgrade possibility. EMTBravo.net has done a great job of keeping its site very user friendly and informative, and an upgrade shortly after I joined made it even better, so we should anticipate great things for the workings of the site and the staff that work so hard to make it so enjoyable and informative. And maybe even more fun/interactive/creatively challenging for all of its contributors who make my visits here a treasure trove of knowledge, sometimes gasps of "Be Nice", and sometimes outright laughs. Cool pictures, articles - who knows what else they can come up with with a software upgrade. Good luck, and thanks.

x635, firemoose827, 87D124 and 2 others like this

Thank you for the kind words, sueg. We'll do our best to post info on EMTBravo.com as well.

UPDATE:

I'm still laying the groundwork for the upgrade. When the upgrade is completed, we will be "under renovation" for a few days. EMTBravo.net may TEMPORARILY not look the same, and some features may not be availble during the upgrade.

We also hope to add some new features that members have been requesting for for a long time.

I'll try to keep everyone up to date via Facebook, Twitter, Email, and EMTBravo.com. We're expecting the progress to take about a week or less.

sueg likes this

Interesting new board. I'm hoping you are still constructing it, because the main page with the active topics is the "community feel" here. Without it....I dunno. Good luck with it all Seth.

What's happening ??????? I'm soooo confused with the new lay out ........

Wow....I have ALOT of "Warn" Warnings! Never knew about most of them until my banning...

I was hoping we werent getting the firepics layout here....bummer

EMTBravo.net may TEMPORARILY not look the same, and some features may not be availble during the upgrade.

Disaster_Guy likes this

EMTBravo will be undergoing renovations during the next few days. You will see MANY changes over the next few days,

Just a reminder....site still under renovation over the next days........

How long will the shout box be down?

Shoutbox is back online. Please post here if you discover any bugs.

Also, I've dedicated all day tommorow and Friday to the forum, so I will be working on that and other things over the next two days to bring us back to "normal".

firedude likes this

Very pleased with what i am seeing right now keep up the good work

firedude likes this

I agree looks good. It will take some getting used to but I do like it. Seth, thank you for your work and dedication towards this site.

Only thing I don't like is reputation is gone, I liked that feature a lot and I believe others did also. When you say " normal" does that mean back to the same layout as the old one?

firedude and antiquefirelt like this

Only thing I don't like is reputation is gone, I liked that feature a lot and I believe others did also. When you say " normal" does that mean back to the same layout as the old one?

I agree, but I think it will now be based on content, as opposed to popularity contests. I liked the reputation button, and I agree I was finaly becoming popular for once in my life (lol :D ) but I think that the new system will show more about who is sharing good content as opposed to getting kissed on their gluteous maximus... :rolleyes:;)

Looks good so far, is the upgrade done yet or is it still going?

Thanks

Looks good so far, is the upgrade done yet or is it still going?

It's a work in progress. I still have numerous hours of work ahead of me just reinstalling the basic features and customizations of the old forum.

firedude likes this

Looks good so far. Keep up the good work Seth & team!

If the green "like" box or rep box under our names on the sides of posts.was back, it'd be a great feature. It's nice that the likes count as rep points did, would just like to see the box back, and that'd be perfect. Thats my opinion.

firemoose827 and firedude like this

I like seeing the "rep" box as well. I like what I'm seeing so far...just trying to get used to it. Also...on the community page..is there (I may not have been able to find it yet) or will there be another "posts since last visit" button. I always started there first to see what was new instead of navigating each main forum subject.

Also...on the community page..is there (I may not have been able to find it yet) or will there be another "posts since last visit" button. I always started there first to see what was new instead of navigating each main forum subject.

On the top right of the main index page, to the far right of the tabs, is "View New Content". The sidebar on the left gives you several options to view new content.

Seth, have a few questions... Why don't IA's show up on the EMTBravo.net recent topics or shout box like they used to? Also, when I go to my profile and click on "Likes" i get several error mesages. Can you also explain the "Warning Points" to us. I agree with the above comments that the "rep" box and other awards should be added back under our name. Yet, that is just my opinion as well.

I think we need to be a little patient. It has been said several times that some features will be down or appear different TEMPORARILY. If certain features aren't working or things don't look right, wait until the upgrades are finished. Seth is only one person and there's only so much time in the day for him to perform all of the work he has to do to complete the upgrade.

If you are experiencing "bugs" with any feature of this site (posting, reading) anything out of normal or that you suspect is not working right, please let me know by posting on this thread-even if another member has already posted it.

By posting on this thread, I will be able to see who is experiencing issues and if anyone else if experiencing the same. I can also explain any software issues for all to see.

Thanks!

*DISCLAIMER: Bugs may not immediately be fixed. The "renovation" of the site is not complete.

This doesn't seem right... Not sure if this is a bug or not. Everything else looks good.

On my profile under the "likes" tab.

888.png

Firedude, I get the same screen.

I think we all do..

Edited by x4093k

WOW...I corrected a couple of errors and the big "THIS HAS BEEN EDITED" sign came up on the scoreboard. That;s a little harsh. Perhaps we could tone it down a might. See the typo semicolon in the last sentence? I was afraid to edit it out after the big sign came up.

Thanks

Profile pic is gone.....and I see no way or option of re-adding it. Unless some website features changed that I just over looked or haven't read about, if so please correct me.

I did have a profile pic at one point.....it is no where to be found. And I am also experiencing some of the same issues the previous replies have had.

The new site doesn't seem to work well with Google Chrome. The drop down menu's in the upper right corner don't work.

I'm not sure I care as much for the appearance vs. the former.