Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JetPhoto

Motorcyclist allegedly hit 170 mph on Thruway but, when arrested, said he could easily do 190 mph

14 posts in this topic

But you can't out run the radio!

[q]NEW PALTZ, N.Y. -- A 25-year-old Charlton, N.Y., man was arrested Wednesday after state troopers allegedly clocked him traveling between 150 and 170 miles per hour southbound between Ravena and New Paltz on the New York State Thruway.

According to state police, a motorcycle operated by Nikkolaus V. McCarthy was clocked traveling 166 mph on the Thruway at about 12:45 p.m. in the village of Ravena.

[/q]

http://www.dailyfree...3a006146697.txt

McCarthy pulled over and was arrested, telling troopers he was low on gasoline, according to police.

Told how fast he was clocked, McCarthy is said to have responded that his Suzuki could easily go over 190 MPH.

Lol what a tool!

While no cop in their right mind will chase a kitted out sport bike if the operator wants to run, they still haven't put one together that can outrun motorola. As a long time motorcyclist, good job officers safely keeping this idiot off the road if only for a little while.

abaduck and BFD1054 like this

I never understood the old saying "How fast is stupid?" until now. Apparently stupid is 166mph.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present my case.

Job Security.

That is all.

x129K likes this

Was it a bad crash, his head is all dented !

If there was a crash, there wouldn’t be a dent (unless he hit the side of a truck). More than likely, some poor ME would be scraping him off the pavement with a putty knife. While hundreds of cars and trucks were forced to wait on a closed highway until the investigation and cleanup took place. Then his family would probably sue the State for some defect in the road or bad engineering. :angry:

BFD1054 likes this

"Stupid is what stupid does" Mr. Forrest Gump.

What an a** for complete disregard for the public's saftey.....hope his get licences taken away. Nice job by NYSP!

As someone who has lost a friend to a motorcycle accident and had another friend nearly killed, this pisses me off to no end!

Time after time, day after day, i see these speed-junkie a$$holes riding at high rates of speed with zero regard for their lives, but more importantly , the lives of other motorists.

Just recently had a crotch rocket scare the bejesus out of my wife and i on Route 9W (Storm King Mtn). My wife was driving and had just enough time to say "holy...(and as the bike passed) s**t!" We were traveling at approx 60mph when he cut between us and a car in the right lane with maybe a couple feet to spare. I was soo upset, as was my wife, that i was shaking. If we had come around a turn and he was sprawled accross the road, id be the one to have to stop and help him.

We actually caught up to him in Fort Montgomery as we approached the Bear Mountain traffic circle. I was soo tempted to give him a piece of my mind, but i knew he wouldnt care and probably laugh at me.

Its ususlly not these A-HOLES that will be killed. Its the well versed, easy going guys and girls that are out for a Sunday cruise on their Harleys or cruisers.

To the Troopers involved in this case, bravo and job well done! Also, nice work to the NYS DOT guys that were giving the radio updates.

Nice to see his sorry a** was sent to the County jail on $20K bail.

Sorry, rant over.

"Stupid is what stupid does" Mr. Forrest Gump.

What an a** for complete disregard for the public's saftey.....hope his get licences taken away. Nice job by NYSP!

Agreed 100% pt....

However, the article stated he had no motorcycle license (shocker). Maybe you were referring to his driving privaledges (sp?) period? If so, i agree there as well...take his license away for a couple of years, he obviously takes his for granted.