Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
grumpyff

By the side of the road II

35 posts in this topic

(Unable to post in the other thread, so I started this one. If moderators want to merge with the existing thread that is fine with me.)

The latest addition to the yard in Bedford Hills is this Ford C/Pierce labeled "Burkettsville". Unknown year or specs, possibly out of Ohio. The Ford C/Saulsbury from Danbury PD (ex Danbury FD) is no longer there

post-917-0-81036400-1343769157.jpg

JetPhoto and firedude like this

Not being shipped to Equador or anything, but I saw this while on vacation near Myrtle Beach, SC. Could not find the year on it, but I got some photos I thought some of you would like.. This has been here for a long time.. Enjoy & I have more of it, let me know if you want to see them( the rear, etc.)post-22082-0-55258500-1344220301.jpg

A few more... Sorry for some that are blurry. post-22082-0-97357100-1344220561.jpg

Found this unknown Seagrave behind the fence at Brookfield today. Possible early to mid 90's. Anyone have any idea were it may have come from?

post-917-0-61180500-1347830550.jpg

JetPhoto likes this

Found this unknown Seagrave behind the fence at Brookfield today. Possible early to mid 90's. Anyone have any idea were it may have come from?

From info I got overall at firepics.net , it is an 1989 or 91 ex-FDNY Bureau of Training rig. Thank you to FDNYtrucks.com for the info.

From info I got overall at firepics.net , it is an 1989 or 91 ex-FDNY Bureau of Training rig. Thank you to FDNYtrucks.com for the info.

EX-L78

Ex-Ridgefield Park, NJ Engine Co.1 (531)
1985 Mack CF/Ward 79 1500/500

This is the latest addition in the lot at Bedford Hills.

post-917-0-65286800-1355151614.jpg

JetPhoto likes this

Would look nice out in the shore depts that lost rigs or upstate where it is really needed !

I think you should mention that to the department that sold the rig...

grumpyff likes this

On firepics.net it said this unit was being replaced in 2010. Not sure where its been for the last 2 years.

The Esopus pumper was retired within the past 5 years or so if I'm not mistaken.

Ex-Haledon, NJ

Engine 2

1983 Mack 1500/500

post-917-0-18756800-1356816415.jpg

Edited by grumpyff

Ex-FDNY Ladder 124 "Tonka Truck"

1997 Seagrave 75'

Looks like it finished its career as a spare at Ladder 51, now the latest to enter Brookfield

post-917-0-83827600-1367158482.jpg

post-917-0-47641700-1367158489.jpg

firedude likes this

The Ex-Putnam Lake engine is in private ownership and being being used on a local horse farm

Last I knew, the Ridgefield Park Mack had been either sold or donated to a foreign country. Deal made long before Sandy. Where it's been since...no idea.

Serious question: Has anyone ever been able to successfully rescue a rig from Brookfield?

Wow. I remember hearing of people who tried in the past, and were told no because he wanted the scrap value. Turned down the cash equivalent of what he'd get for the scrap, too, supposedly....seemed bent on trashing the rig no matter what.

I would have loved to get the RP Mack (I know, different place, but.....) but didn't - and still don't - have the resources to do so.