Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Brand New Locomotive Dropped On Delivery

16 posts in this topic

Think the guy in the orange hard hat kept running towards home?

that sucks for the ship's crew it was there crane.

That is why you need more than two lifting points just for that! All I can say is wow!!! I wonder how the damage is to the dock structure with all that weight coming down?

Westfield12 likes this

Just sell it to Metro North. Even in it's current condition it will likely run better than the BL20's on a good day. B)

Westfield12 and x4093k like this

"Umm, he did it." That had to be a very long meeting in the office trying to explain that one.

Would hate to the one on the end of that phone line when the yard master gets told.

that sucks for the ship's crew it was there crane.

...and you are correct. Until that locomotive is on the ground and it is being hoisted by ship's gear, its on the shipping company. Purchaser will refuse payment to G.E. and G.E. will sue the shipper.

That is why you need more than two lifting points just for that! All I can say is wow!!! I wonder how the damage is to the dock structure with all that weight coming down?

You might imagine....but in fact, most locomotives only have two lifting points and they're actually marked on the frame, or on the body in the area of the frame where it should be lifted.