Anesti

Unknown Rig at 10-60 Train Derailment in the Bronx

15 posts in this topic

Posted this on a few sites already. Rig is a mystery and would like to share it with this site. So far alot of us are leaning toward its a mta vehicle. The trailer part is definitely Rescue 3's old collapse unit

315bb49.jpg

EmsFirePolice likes this

Either MTA or NYPD/NYTF-1 I would say. Looks like a USAR type vehicle.

Well judging by the plate on the front it's a official plate not a Federal GSA plate. So definitely a state vehicle or city I will go with MTA, having served for 3 years on a Joint task force in NYC and working with the civil support team out of FT Hamilton there rigs were blue and tinted windows buy GSA plates and ours were white with NY state official plates. However we had trailers but nothing like that.

Pretty sweet ride whoever owns it

Could be from the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner too. They have some pretty big vehicles that are not marked very prominently.

pcfpr1 likes this

As mentioned above, it is a New York City OCME (Medical Examiner) Special Operations scene response unit. Carries various disaster morgue supplies and equipment.

pcfpr1, M' Ave and FDNY 10-75 like this

Anytime an unmarked vehicle of that size shows up at ANY scene, it's a good bet nothing good has happened, and that the vehicle serves a purpose that if lettered would scare the crap out of the general public.

SageVigiles, Remember585 and wcr20 like this

I believe TF-1, DMAT & DMORT also have a number of unlettered vehicles including tractor trailers in and around the City.

x635 likes this

I believe TF-1, DMAT & DMORT also have a number of unlettered vehicles including tractor trailers in and around the City.

Those are all federal resources though, so if I'm not mistaken their vehicles will have federal GSA plates.

Those are all federal resources though, so if I'm not mistaken their vehicles will have federal GSA plates.

True; but, I know of some that are leased Ryder trucks with NY or NJ plates, no markings lights or sirens.

EmsFirePolice and SageVigiles like this

Since when is there a DMAT and a DMORT in NYC?

There are several other alphabet agencies that operate in NY/NJ , having previously served on one I have worked with agencies that use rental cars even. But I will say 99% of the vehicles that the Govt owned had GSA plates no markings but GSA plates or state official plates.

Other interesting point, the unit I was assigned to worked out of a previously owned Government building which people drive by every day and think it is abandoned. Another unit we worked with had their rigs/vehicles in a plain no frills aluminum garage.

SageVigiles likes this

Unless things have changed drastically the DMORT's are all associated with FEMA regions so there are are still 10 nationwide.

DMAT's don't have any rolling stock like that. In fact they centralized equipment a number of years ago so there is very little local equipment being trucked up here around unless it is team owned. NY-2 is the Westchester DMAT, NY-4 is based in Rockland and I'm told that there is a new NY-5 based in NYC/Long Island but that's gotta be a developing team cause it didn't exist several years ago.

x635 likes this