FF402

Harrison Orders Seagrave Aerialscope 95' For The New Tower Ladder 24

20 posts in this topic

Harrison’s downtown Fire Department will ask voters to pass a referendum to finance more than half of the costs of a new ladder truck, replacing its current ladder truck which is more than 20 years old.

On Tuesday, Feb. 7, Fire District 2, which encompasses most of Harrison south of Interstate 287, will hold a referendum for $800,000 to cover most of the $1.5 million needed to buy a new truck. The rest would come from the district’s apparatus reserve funds.

The department plans to replace its 1994 Stuphen ladder truck, called Tower Ladder 24, with a new Seagrave 95-foot aerial ladder truck with a six-person cabin. The department’s current ladder truck is the only machine in the fleet that was not manufactured by Seagrave.

FULL ARTICLE:

http://www.harrisonreview.com/lead-stories/fire-district-2-to-hold-80k-referendum-on-feb-7/ 

Westfield12 and EmsFirePolice like this

51 minutes ago, GreatPlains588 said:

(Picture countersy of Seagrave Fire Apparatus),

Coming soon to Harrison F.D.

Is that the actual one they are getting?

Westfield12 likes this

29 minutes ago, Flashpoint said:

Is that the actual one they are getting?

All of their equipment is White over Maroon. 

Westfield12 likes this

I hope White over Maroon myself & alittle bigger then the in the pic J/k

Westfield12 likes this

What happened to the bidding process in Harrison ? How can they be getting a Seagrave . You can not right a spec for one type of rig that's bid rigging . Anybody but Barry for now

Edited by PCFD ENG58
Bnechis likes this

11 minutes ago, PCFD ENG58 said:

What happened to the bidding process in Harrison ? How can they be getting a Seagrave . You can not right a spec for one type of rig that's bid rigging . Anybody but Barry for now

Welcome to National buying Co-ops.......

http://www.hgacbuy.org/home/

HGAC Contract Purchase

Saves money and time.

Westfield12, x635, Bnechis and 1 other like this

2 hours ago, PCFD ENG58 said:

They want an all Seagrave fleet I guess Alittle story about their Sutphen tower When RIdgefield NJ was specing  for a new tower ladder the sutphen rep for some reason took them to see Harrison New at the time tower I have a few friends & my cousin was a member  of Truck committee  They liked it but some sales rep from LTI talked them in to going with a Spartan Chassised mid mount tower Long story. short They still have problems with the mid mount tower  My cousin & 2 members resigned from  the company after about 1 year after delivery of the LTI

Edited by vodoly

6 hours ago, PCFD ENG58 said:

It's all how the spec is written. for example if the department wants a specific feature or equipment and that feature is specific to a certain manufacturer then others may not meet the spec. Also if that feature is an option to other manufacturers, it may drive the cost up to the point that they wont submit a bid. Some departments have height, weight, size or departure angle limitations and these may disqualify many manufacturers.  

Edited by SOUSGT
additional info
EmsFirePolice and vodoly like this

7 hours ago, PCFD ENG58 said:

Welcome to National buying Co-ops.......

http://www.hgacbuy.org/home/

HGAC Contract Purchase

Saves money and time.

x635, Mini-Attack9 and vodoly like this

It's official!

Hudson Valley Fire Equipment has received an order from the Town / Village of Harrison (NY) for a Seagrave Marauder II 95’ Aerialscope.
This unit will replace the current Tower Ladder 24, a 1994 Sutphen.
Congratulations to the Harrison FD on your new apparatus!
Lifetime Valves, Customers for Life – Seagrave Fire Apparatus

harrison aerialscope.jpg

Westfield12, vodoly and Hooks057 like this

CoOps and such aside....

They spec'd an Aerialscpoe.....so seagrave it is.  Theyre the owners of that aerial brand.

I don't know if this is a fact, or just one of those things that people accept as such after hearing it repeated so many times, but it's my understanding that Seagrave will not build an Aerialscope on another manufacturer's chassis.   So, if you want a 'Scope, you need to buy a Seagrave.   If you want a 'Scope on a different chassis, you need to find an existing one and have it refurbed and remounted.   But, of course, you are then talking about having non-authentic parts and equipment on it, as well as the lack of factory trained technicians who may or may not be familiar with that type of boom working on it.   But, a good number of departments around the Northeast have gone that route and seem to be happy with the results.   

vodoly and COH Bulldog like this

Speaking of witch a few candidates for re chassis Glen Rock in bergen county & North Hudson In Hudson County both fixing for Pierce rechassis In my opinion :)

I didn't know North Hudson had a Scope.   Did they pick up a used one from somewhere recently?   Would not surprise me to see Glen Rock do it.   The current one is unique in itself.....not too many out there on a Simon-Duplex chassis.  

Getting back to Harrison for a moment, it may also be that they want to become an all-Seagrave house, and at the moment, I believe the tower is the only "big" rig in there that isn't one, currently.   

2 hours ago, AndyC3J said:

I didn't know North Hudson had a Scope.   Did they pick up a used one from somewhere recently?   Would not surprise me to see Glen Rock do it.   The current one is unique in itself.....not too many out there on a Simon-Duplex chassis.  

Getting back to Harrison for a moment, it may also be that they want to become an all-Seagrave house, and at the moment, I believe the tower is the only "big" rig in there that isn't one, currently.   

North Hudson Tower 6 is Seacaucus Ex Tower 2  Jersey City  had a 1994 simon duplex 95 foot scope  that was pretty much a lemon 

1 hour ago, vodoly said:

North Hudson Tower 6 is Seacaucus Ex Tower 2  Jersey City  had a 1994 simon duplex 95 foot scope  that was pretty much a lemon 

Its a 75' Scope on a Simon-Duplex Chassis and with Saulsbury body.  2/3 companies no longer exist.

vodoly and x635 like this

1 hour ago, GreatPlains588 said:

Its a 75' Scope on a Simon-Duplex Chassis and with Saulsbury body.  2/3 companies no longer exist.

North Hudson Tower 6 75 footer FDJC Ex Tower Ladder 6  95 footer(unsure who did body on it)