Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dc2t

Firefighter William Malone- Fairview Fire Dept.

49 posts in this topic

A sad day today in the Fairview Fire Department. Firefighter William FX Malone passed away suddenly.

Funeral Services as follows

Viewing at McMahon Lyon & Hartnett 491 Mamaroneck Ave White Plains

Mon Feb 13, 2 to 4 and 7 to 9

Tues Feb 14 2 to4 and 7 to 9

Full Department funeral

Weds Feb 15 St Johns Church 146 Hamilton Ave White Plains

1030 am

internment

Mt Calavary Hillside Ave Greenburgh

At the request of the family in lieu of flowers donation to

"Mini Firehouse at Maria Fareri Children Hospital"

Childrens Hospital Foundation at WMC

Maria Fareri Childrens Hospital

1 Kids Corner

Valhalla Ny 10595-1644

DC2T

Prayers go out to the family and friends of William FX Malone May he rest in peace

Billy Malone was a dedicated firefighter, a strong union advocate, a member of a proud firefighting family, and a good man. We'll miss you Billy!

Billy Malone was a dedicated firefighter, a strong union advocate, a member of a proud firefighting family, and a good man.  We'll miss you Billy!

Could not of said it better myself

Bill Malone was a good man. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family. May his soul rest in peace.

Billy Malone was a great Firefighter and a dedicated Union Leader. He was know through out the country for his work with the union. The Murray Family thoughts and prayers goes out to all the Malones.

I was a cadet at Fairview apxox 13 years ago and have since moved to md . This just caught my eye. Billy was a good man and will be dearly missed . Please if anyone has service info or where to send flowers could you please post .

Billy was an alaround good guy, not just as a firefighter, but as a human being. my thought and my prayers go out to his wife and kids, as well as the rest of the malone family, who are like my second family.

i have fond memories of trying to set up the lights for plays with him at his daughters school, and trying to figure out why they would not work. (The main panel was not pluged in, as Billy had unpluged it so that he could charge a cell phone)

as i sat today having lunch with a good friend who survived black Sunday i recieved the word of billys untimely death. from one second to another the atmosphere changed from a happy luncheon to a very sad and sickly feeling , i worked with billy years ago @ 60 control and shared alot of laughs both on and off the job. as time went on we all went our seperate ways with different jobs but we all kept in touch. The Malone family who pretty much has been a part of the Fairview fd for years and generations have lost a good man. billys dedication to both the fire service but more so his family is tragic. for those of us out there who may be close to the family you know that a family is in need and when help is needed its part of all of us to jump in and help. its not going to be an easy task but it is one that needs to be filled. to the malone family our thoughts and prayers are with you. God bless you Billy and thank you for being the person that we all know you are! J Carroll

Thoughts and prayers are with the Malone family.

Billy was my union's president (Greenburgh Firefighters- IAFF Local 1586) and had just sworn myself and HFD23 in to the union a few weeks ago.

Billy was also a frequent longtime visitor to this site, and thats how I got to know him at first. His last log in was last night around 2200hrs. He had strong convictions and fought and stood up for what he believed in, and loved his job. He will be missed by many.

RIP Billy. Fate strikes again. Another untimely tragedy to remind us how precious life is.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Billy Malone and his entire family. The Malone brothers are very well known in the fire service and have all established themselves as professionals in the field. Billy will be sorely missed by one and all.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Greenburg's FD's and the Malone Family from the Pleasantville FD. It is a loss that is felt all through out Westchester

May he rest in peace and God watch over his family.

Andy Mancusi

Chief

Hawthorne FD

My condolences go out to the Malone family and the Fairview fire dept that is a very tough loss for both. My thoughts and prayers go out to both.

Our condolences on such a tragic loss of a fine man. Both Ken and I also worked with Billy at 60 Control back "In the good old days" with so many great laughs! It is yet another painful reminder of how fragile life is. To Billy's family, we keep you in our prayers.

Rest in Peace our good friend.

Ken & Jim

I never had the privilege of meeting Mr.Malone but, may he rest in peace and my condolences to his family and FFting friends.

Hank G.

JUST TO SAY I DIDN'T KNOW BILLY VERY MUCH, BUT ONCE IN A WHILE I WOULD SEE HIM AT FRANKS AND HE WOULD SAY HI TO ME EVEN THOUGH WE REALLY DIDN'T KNOW EACH OTHER. MY SORROW IS WITH YOU ALL. FROM MY FAMILY MAY YOU REST IN PEACE. TO THE ENTIRE MALONE FAMILY AND ALL HIS BELOVED FRIENDS, MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PEACE.

RESPECTFULLY,

2ND LT C.R. TORRES

ELMSFORD FIRE CO. # 1

A sad day today in the Fairview Fire Department. Firefighter William FX Malone passed away suddenly. Details to follow.

Funeral Services as follows

Viewing at McMahon Lyon & Hartnett 491 Mamaroneck Ave White Plains

Mon Feb 13, 2 to 4 and 7 to 9

Tues Feb 14 2 to4 and 7 to 9

Full Department funeral

Weds Feb 15 St Johns Church 146 Hamilton Ave White Plains

1030 am

internment

Mt Calavary Hillside Ave Greenburgh

At the request of the family in lieu of flowers donation to

"Mini Firehouse at Maria Fareri Children Hospital"

Childrens Hospital Foundation at WMC

Maria Fareri Childrens Hospital

1 Kids Corner

Valhalla Ny 10595-1644

DC2T

I didn't know Billy that well. I've talked to him a few times and know that not only is he a great guy as a firefighter, but as a friend, parent, and brother. He will be missed by many, and my thoughts and prayers go out to the ENTIRE Malone family. May He Rest In Peace.

Billy was a good friend, excellent union leader,outstanding firefighter, wonderfull father and husband.

The lights in Greenburgh are dim tonight with his passing- The fire service lost a shining star, I lost a friend.

No matter where you went with Billy the room was always lite up with his smile and his wit. He had a infectious laff that just made you smile.

The best thing I can say about Billy --- I wish there were more people like him in this world. He truly made the world a better place.

May his family find peace in the knowledge that we are all sadden by his passing and share in their grief.

Walter Ferguson

Greenburgh Unniformed Firefighter Retired member

My condolences to the Malone family on their loss.

My thoughts and prayers are with my brother whom has passed. Rest in peace Billy.

Our condolences go out to the Malone Family & The Fairview Fire Department. May Billy rest in peace. God bless the entire Malone Family. You are all in our thoughts and prayers.

-Christine Griffin & Family

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Malone family & The Fairview Fire Dept. May he rest in peace.

REST IN PEACE BROTHER!

Rob Casasanta, President

Centennial Hose Company No. 4

Peekskill, NY

Condolences to the Fairveiw FD and the Malone family

With deep sorrow

CROTON F.D

Could not of said it better myself

My condolences go out to all of the Malone family, Gene, John, Jimmy and Gene IV and their wives and especially to Billy's wife and children. It's a sad day not only to the firefighters in Greenburgh Local 1586, but to all the firefighters of the NYSPFFA. Rest in peace brother.

My condolences to the Malone family on their loss.

My thoughts and prayers are with my brother whom has passed.  Rest in peace Billy.

I couldn't agree with you more Walt, I heard about it yesterday working a mutual for capt38. Needless to say it was one of the quietest days at 711 since the news of Booby D. Billy will be sorely missed throughout the County and State, not ony in Greenburgh. My thoughts and prayers go out to his wife and daughters, as well as his brothers in the Fairview FD. Rest in peace brother.

Our condolences to Billy's family,the Brothers Malone ,and the entire Greenburgh community.Rest in Peace G.Smith and your friends from Yonkers

Edited by gss131

To;

Billy's Wife and children,

Gene, John, Jimmy and your Families

Billy was my Friend!

He will be missed.

God Bless & Be Safe

Your Friend

Tim Denike

Mississauga Fire