Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FFPCogs

McCain-Palin

65 posts in this topic

Ok I'll get this one going.

What's the consensus on Sen. McCain"s VP choice?

At present it hasn't changed my mind about who to support in November..and from what little I've read so far she seems to be a pretty good pick.

Any one else care to chime in?

Cogs

At present it hasn't changed my mind about who to support in November..and from what little I've read so far she seems to be a pretty good pick.

Cogs

I decided to support McCain before he chose Palin. I feel it was a smart political move for him to choose a women to prove McCain's stance that he is a moderate Republican and not a member of the good old boy network. The critics are allready questioning her experience but please tell me what experience does Obama bring?

It's either genius or madness, and I'm not entirely sure which at present. I sure as hell want to know the final story with that trooper thing tho... McCain *must* be sure that's squared-away, otherwise he wouldn't have picked...??

This is interesting:

Alaskan blog comments

Mike

Well we know one thing, if they win, we wont have to fear our guns being taken away!

I saw her speak and read about her and I am really, really excited. I was just sluming along and I knew I was going to vote for McCain no matter what. But I feel a resurgence of Conservative Reaganism. This is going to be great.

I know one thing for sure, McCain has some good taste in women.He surrounded himself with another P.O.A.!

you do realize WHY he is with this wife, right? i got nothing against guys who cheat, it's not my concern, but c'mon the man left his ex-wife for the current wife after she was injured in an MVA! God forbid this wife gets physically altered - will he leave her too????

sorry i think this guys is a no good scumbag. Plus, wouldn't one like to vote on a president whom actually knows how many homes he owns??

i don't like politicians, but one NY Senator said "why would Americans vote for a man who wears $500 shoes, doesn't know how many homes he owns and is from the wealthiest family in his state...what does he know about [OUR] needs"

McCain didn't make his millions he was born into them, his wife is an heir to the anheiser-busch family. Obama went from the poor house to become a well off man - i mean the man is still paying for his mortgage! for once it seems a somewhat "common guy" is running for president - and not a free mason.

Edited by vacguy

you do realize WHY he is with this wife, right? i got nothing against guys who cheat, it's not my concern, but c'mon the man left his ex-wife for the current wife after she was injured in an MVA! God forbid this wife gets physically altered - will he leave her too????

sorry i think this guys is a no good scumbag. Plus, wouldn't one like to vote on a president whom actually knows how many homes he owns??

i don't like politicians, but one NY Senator said "why would Americans vote for a man who wears $500 shoes, doesn't know how many homes he owns and is from the wealthiest family in his state...what does he know about [OUR] needs"

McCain didn't make his millions he was born into them, his wife is an heir to the anheiser-busch family. Obama went from the poor house to become a well off man - i mean the man is still paying for his mortgage! for once it seems a somewhat "common guy" is running for president - and not a free mason.

Alright, first and formost - if you think anyone currently involved in US politics (elected representatives) is a "common man" your gravely mistaken. They are all from the top 1% of the socio-economic bracket. Like it or not that's the way it is. So your little angle Barack is a MULTI-MILLIONARE just like the vast majority of his colleagues in both houses. Obama made ~4 Million last year and vacationed on a private beach w/ his family in Hawaii. Oh, did we forget about Tony Rezko? The CONVICTED FELLON who Obama had real estate deals with? AND YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT HOUSES?! Do you think this man knows what it's like to be me or any one of us who break our backs and barely make it by? Yeah, sorry, NOT A FREAKING CLUE.

And your gonna bust the balls of a guy who fought for this country and was a POW because his wife happens to be wealthy (at least Cindy McCain loves her Country for christ sake). Do us all a favor, put the Obama Kool-Aid down and sober up. When you want to talk facts, come back.

Edited by Goose

This was posted by me on another thread here, but I think it fits here as well. (plus I'm too lazy to type it again LOL )

I have to agree that this country is in deep s*it no matter who gets elected, but it usually is at election time. Maybe that's because all our problems are repeatedly hammered upon by the candidates for soundbytes blaming the "other" guy or party. Once elected it gets awfully quiet regarding all our ills again...just business as usual. And try as they might the President isn't a dictator, (although some have tried) and they must work with the Congress so.....

Does it really doesn't matter who gets elected anyway? The rich get richer, the poor get poorer, jobs will still be flooding overseas, the economy will still suck, we'll still be in Iraq, we'll still be in Afghanistan...sh*t we might end up in Georgia toe to toe with our old nemesis the Ruskies (anybody remember duck and cover) or bombing the crap out of Iran.

I'm a devout cynic when it comes to politicians and their ideas and promises. That being said, I'm also a firm believer that if you don't vote you have NO right to complain (although the Constitution says otherwise). So yeah it does matter who get elected.

For me McCain is less of a liar and opportunist than Obama and he's is (or at least was) an honorable man who suffered greatly when he could have gone home...he actually thought about someone other than himself. I believe somewhere in this man that integrity still exists, and even a little integrity is far better than what we've done to ourselves with the last few Presidents..yeah Good 'ole boy Bill too. Also having worked in a war zone to support the military, I would much rather have a man in the Oval Office who has actually served in the military, and more importantly is himself a war veteran, sending our young soldiers off to war. And at war we will most likely still be.

I'm no Karnak or Nostredamus, but it has been suggested by some security experts based on previous elections that the new President may very well be tested by our enemies within his first year in office. Bill Clinton elected Nov. 1992, first WTC attack Feb 1993, GWB elected Nov. 2000...well we all know the rest. Who will be better suited to deal with this dreadful prospect when it occurs, a soldier, war veteran, veteran Senator involved in foreign affairs and miltary committees or a novice 1st term senator? It's 3am John McCain has already answered the phone...it's still ringing at the Obama's.

Hey but if the polls are right, none of this matters and we'll be playing "hail to the Chief"' for Obama. As a proud American I will always honor, support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America, regardless who's President.

Cogs

Another of my $.02 from that same thread.

I respect your opinion and you are indeed correct about the experience of our last two Presidents. But at least GWB had a father who was a President to seek advise from...whether you agree with that advise or not is another matter. For me I'll take the values over the charisma anyday. Bill wasn't all that great in the White House...Whitewater, NAFTA, inaction in Bosnia, inaction in Rwanda, inaction in Sudan, inaction regarding Osama, and of course Monica Lewinski...Good Ole Bill's and the Democrat's judgement left alot to be desired. Oh and in regards to our wonderful economy during his tenure..many economists have stated that it was the result of the effects of Reagonomics not Bill Clinton and the Dems.

Edited by FFPCogs

Alright, first and formost - if you think anyone currently involved in US politics (elected representatives) is a "common man" your gravely mistaken. They are all from the top 1% of the socio-economic bracket. Like it or not that's the way it is. So your little angle Barack is a MULTI-MILLIONARE just like the vast majority of his colleagues in both houses. Obama made ~4 Million last year and vacationed on a private beach w/ his family in Hawaii. Oh, did we forget about Tony Rezko? The CONVICTED FELLON who Obama had real estate deals with? AND YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT HOUSES?! Do you think this man knows what it's like to be me or any one of us who break our backs and barely make it by? Yeah, sorry, NOT A FREAKING CLUE.

And your gonna bust the balls of a guy who fought for this country and was a POW because his wife happens to be wealthy (at least Cindy McCain loves her Country for christ sake). Do us all a favor, put the Obama Kool-Aid down and sober up. When you want to talk facts, come back.

Excellent points Gooose. He tends to deviate from facts. Some Dems are just as rich and living high on the hog. Clinton, Gore, Rangel, Edwards to name a few.

She's hot, wears as dress and carries a gun, but that still doesn't make me want to vote for McCain.

I'm thinking on voting for Bill the Cat and Opus again this year. (Thank you Bloom County)

She's hot, wears as dress and carries a gun, but that still doesn't make me want to vote for McCain.

I'm thinking on voting for Bill the Cat and Opus again this year. (Thank you Bloom County)

They got my vote

Can someone please enlighten me as to the importance of how many houses McCain owns. His wife owns them, she is the money in the family. Why would you even bring this up? No need to beat the Obama dead horse with his real estate dealings

After my partner at work did some research we have a new appreciation for the VP candidate

post-17-1220107821.jpg

This was taken from the web, not photoshopped

And how did that JackAss JFK and the rest of his Clan get elected, because of their hard work? Yeah O.K.! Has anyone seen the content of Michelle Obama's College Thesis yet? I think it's a little more interesting then why John McCain left his 1st wife.

How can you possibly call an American war hero a "scumbag ?"

McCain wasn't born into millions. His father and grandfather were both naval admirals.

His "wealth" is his wife's. She is not an heir to the Anheuser-Busch family. Her family owns a beer distribtorship in Arizona.

McCain was shot down over North Vietnam and endurred years of torture at the hands of his North Vietnamese jailers. When offered the opportunity to be released, he declined preferring, instead, to remain with his fellow POW's. Read McCain's former #1 NY Times best seller "Faith of Our Fathers." Perhaps if you read a few chapters you might understand the man better.

......and give me abreak about the houses that he owns. Most holders of real estate don't have any idea what the particulars are of their holdinmgs.

You may or may not like politicans....you may or may not like or even vote for John McCain. But know your facts before you make an assinine statement !

Cogs

She's a lightweight. Romney would have balanced the ticket out nicely.

You know who must be really pissed this morn is the LOVELY HILLARY. Her only chance to be Prez was for OSAMA to pick her as VP. Now McCain picks this chick. I wonder what the odds of her being the 1st female Prez are. McCain's health is not that great. Guess we will have to wait and see.

You know who must be really pissed this morn is the LOVELY HILLARY. Her only chance to be Prez was for OSAMA to pick her as VP. Now McCain picks this chick. I wonder what the odds of her being the 1st female Prez are. McCain's health is not that great. Guess we will have to wait and see.

Like Osama's camp says....she is one heartbeat (or lack thereof) from being President..... ;)

Like Osama's camp says....she is one heartbeat (or lack thereof) from being President..... ;)

Very true,

But we are voting for President.

Given the choice between the novices, I'll take my chances with her as VP as opposed to him in the Oval office. She MAY get the job if elected..He definitely WILL.

Remember too that for all the rhetoric and name calling ANY President has to get their agenda through Congress. They can blabber on and on all they want, but they CANNOT in the end dictate policy.

Obama's song of change WILL fall on deaf ears and closed minds on Capitol Hill. The insiders of Washington will still run the show..as they always have. The only one to take on any special interest so far and make even a slight difference is the nobody Governor of Alaska vs Big Oil to the tune of $1200 in every eligible Alaskan's pocket.

John McCain may be old but he IS a Washington insider, and therefore knows how to work the system. The continued Obama chant of change is nothing more than smoke and mirrors to pander to a public upset with the current state of affairs. A state of affairs which HE helped to create as a Senator. A state which for all his promises Barak Obama can not and will not change. To even attempt to do so would be political suicide.

There is not one single issue in this election that either candidate can walk in and change by themselves...period. That's how the system works. McCain has played the game for years, and knows and is generally respected by all the players, Obama is not.

In truth the recent record of Democratic success is slim at best, although they repeatedly try to take credit for any good that comes out of Washington. Put simply Democrats talk, Republicans DO !!! and talk is cheap in my book.

Cogs

...and vacationed on a private beach w/ his family in Hawaii....

Credibility check; I don't know where you got this from, but as far as I know there's no such thing as a private beach in Hawai'i - all beaches there are public property, and have free public access, by law. They're kinda proud of that.

Mike

McCain had my vote long before this positive event took place.

McCain had my vote long before this positive event took place.

Agreed, but adding her has renewed my interest in the whole race....

Surprising choice, to say the least. But to look at it objectively, Obama has eight years of experience as an Illinois STATE senator, representing the POOREST section of Chicago. He really has accomplished nothing for his constituency, although that is probably (according to the Obama strategists) the fault of George W. Bush and his gang of robber barons and other old white men.

Obama has two years as a United States Senator, elected on the strength of the ethnic vote. He has no administrative experience at all, and his voting record is predictable, when he was actually present to vote (his Congressional attendance was abysmal).

Palin served as a Mayor for four years, and a governor for two. Both of these are executive level positions rather than legislative ones.

In my opinion, she is more qualified for the Presidency than the junior Senator from Illinois is.

I don't see any other choice. McCain/Palin in '08!

Credibility check; I don't know where you got this from, but as far as I know there's no such thing as a private beach in Hawai'i - all beaches there are public property, and have free public access, by law. They're kinda proud of that.

Mike

Actually The Robinson Island is a PRIVATE ISLAND and is considered one of the Hawaiian Islands. Owned by the Robinson Family or something like that. My buddy lives in Hawaii and told me about it when I went out to visit him. Not sure if that is where Obama was, but I know you need an invite to even get near the Island.

Private Hawaiian Island

Hope that worked.

1. I wouldn't vote for a liberal even if my mother was one and running for office.

2. I love how people try to say she has no experience. Not for nothing but most modern time presidents came from being Governors and most are considered some of the most significant in history (Reagan, Clinton (although not for all the right reasons) G.W. Bush) What does a Senator actually do other then blow hot air in press conference and show up to places pretending like they actually give a fu!k? She did great things in her 2 short years in Alaska and as stated ran a municipality.

3. Say what you want..but she's hot. My friends can attest to my appreciation for her hottie librarian look since they put her picture up on the screen during the 2006 election. In fact 585 is one of the first ones I mentioned to "did you see how hot the governor of Alaska is?" Any chic that likes sports and can shoot as good as I can get's my vote.

4. As far as his shoes, his houses and leaving his first wife....give me a break. Why does a man wear $500 shoes...because he can! I wear $110 sneakers...why because I can and its what I like, sure I could wear skippies from walmart...but I like Nike Shox.

5. I care about how many houses he owns as much as the people of Massachusettes care about how red Ted Kennedy's nose can get from the scotch, how many acres of the family "compound," how many years ago he left a young lady to drown in his car, and can still get up there and bash others in speeches is beyond me....Obama called him a "great man." Yeah okay...good judge of character there Obama! Only 2 states could keep Ted Kennedy as a Senator the one he is in and New York. After all Hillary pulled in with her bags calling this "home" after the white house and liberals actually elected her.

6. As far as leaving his wife...that is what makes him a common guy. Since when does divorce mean anything other then you weren't happy with the person you were with. Maybe he should have toiled for years being unhappy with that marriage. Lets not forget the man was a POW and anyone who has served in combat knows you are not the same person when you get back...multiply that by 100 I would imagine if you are a POW. I don't see libs condemning every lib politico that is out there sticking their joy stick into their interns, staff etc. The Kennedy's alone have left more tract DNA in women and fabric then all of the rooms of Las Vegas combined. So kudos to you Senator McCain for choosing happiness, apparantly you made a good choice, maybe not the best timing...but be happy brother!

Edited by alsfirefighter

Romney only would have added balance because he has so many decisions on both side of each issue. He, like that other famous Massachusetts resident John Kerry flip flops whichever way he thinks the public will forget the least about.

As for any scandals with State Troopers, just check out the Clinton Death List (there are many copies on line) and remember that no matter what Gov. Palin may or may not have done, nobody had to stand in their Class A's for an Alaska State Trooper they way they did for an Arkansas one. I should also point out that she is fully cooperating (not burning papers and claiming executive privilege) with the investigation into why she exercised her executive power to replace the Commissioner of Public Safety, which is perfectly legal for her to do at any time.

Actually The Robinson Island is a PRIVATE ISLAND and is considered one of the Hawaiian Islands. Owned by the Robinson Family or something like that. My buddy lives in Hawaii and told me about it when I went out to visit him. Not sure if that is where Obama was, but I know you need an invite to even get near the Island.

Private Hawaiian Island

Hope that worked.

Oh it did and I know about Ni'ihau - it is a private island, it's effectively a Native Hawai'ian reservation. There are limited public tours of the place. It's not relevant, because AFAIK Obama never went near the place. Have a google if you like; if he'd been there I'm sure it would be mentioned. And on every other island in Hawai'i ALL beaches ARE public. In fact from what I've heard about the law in question, I'm pretty sure it applies to Ni'ihau too - the beaches are public there too, but you can't go beyond them: the rest of the island is privately owned!

Don't get me wrong, I'm no Obama supporter. But I think there was some dodgy reporting there.

Mike

Romney only would have added balance because he has so many decisions on both side of each issue. He, like that other famous Massachusetts resident John Kerry flip flops whichever way he thinks the public will forget the least about.

As for any scandals with State Troopers, just check out the Clinton Death List (there are many copies on line) and remember that no matter what Gov. Palin may or may not have done, nobody had to stand in their Class A's for an Alaska State Trooper they way they did for an Arkansas one. I should also point out that she is fully cooperating (not burning papers and claiming executive privilege) with the investigation into why she exercised her executive power to replace the Commissioner of Public Safety, which is perfectly legal for her to do at any time.

Is this the Death list your talking about http://www.snopes.com/politics/clintons/bodycount.asp I am a McCain supporter, but I just wish people stop buying into every thing they read in an email or article by unkown sources. Just becasue there are tons of websites that post a death list does not mean it is true.

From NBC's Mark Murray

Reuters: "The 17-year-old daughter of Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin is pregnant, Palin said Monday in an announcement intended to knock down rumors by liberal bloggers that Palin faked her own pregnancy to cover up for her child.

Bristol Palin, one of Alaska Gov. Palin's five children with her husband, Todd, is about five months pregnant and is going to keep the child and marry the father, the Palins said in a statement released by the campaign of Republican presidential candidate John McCain.