FFPCogs

McCain-Palin

65 posts in this topic

And the critters!

article-1050881-0277C8DB00000578-494_468

AND...she digs Vikings!

SarahPalinVikings.jpg

Is this representative of who her constituents are?? :rolleyes:

Just got this in and EMAIL. I don't follow Politics. I am voting McCain because HE IS A TRUE AMERICAN. If you have 13min watch the below video.

OBAMA VIDEO

I'm surprised Wright and his parishoners even allowed BHO to even join their Church knowing he's only half black and not 100%. They detest Whitey so much, why'd they allow a Malado to join their Congregation? Hypocrites I say!

From NBC's Mark Murray

Reuters: "The 17-year-old daughter of Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin is pregnant, Palin said Monday in an announcement intended to knock down rumors by liberal bloggers that Palin faked her own pregnancy to cover up for her child.

Bristol Palin, one of Alaska Gov. Palin's five children with her husband, Todd, is about five months pregnant and is going to keep the child and marry the father, the Palins said in a statement released by the campaign of Republican presidential candidate John McCain.

So much for family values..................

So much for family values..................

Oh no! A teen that has sex!!!!!!!!!! She must be one of the VERY few in this Country.......... :rolleyes:

Just got this in and EMAIL. I don't follow Politics. I am voting McCain because HE IS A TRUE AMERICAN. If you have 13min watch the below video.

OBAMA VIDEO

You have to take post/videos with a grain of salt, I initially voted for obama and after listening to him for a longer while realized that he has no real substance in terms of what he has accomplished and I will vote Mccain because he is the better of the two in terms of how they each feel about gun ownership (I support the right to keep and bear arms!)

Today there was an anti-war rally in Minnesota to send a message to the Republican Party at the Republican Convention. They called for Bush to be brougt up on war crime charges. Now someone correct me if I am wrong but didn't many members of the Democratic party who represent us in the house and senate including the senator that came under sniper fire vote to go to Iraq? Why wasn't the DNC protested? I have no problem with people protesting. This is a democracy and we should support the right to protest but I don't think it's fair to single out the Republican party all the time. Why not protest in front of Hiliarys house?

Oh no! A teen that has sex!!!!!!!!!! She must be one of the VERY few in this Country.......... :rolleyes:

I think it is more relevant to the fact that her mother is very strongly for abstinence-only sex education, and VERY strongly anti-birth control education. Which pretty much takes the approach that teens don't have sex, and STDs are only for the gays. And ooops, I am a mom and a grandmom in the same year.

Today there was an anti-war rally in Minnesota to send a message to the Republican Party at the Republican Convention. They called for Bush to be brougt up on war crime charges. Now someone correct me if I am wrong but didn't many members of the Democratic party who represent us in the house and senate including the senator that came under sniper fire vote to go to Iraq? Why wasn't the DNC protested? I have no problem with people protesting. This is a democracy and we should support the right to protest but I don't think it's fair to single out the Republican party all the time. Why not protest in front of Hiliarys house?

Umm.. Bush faked the intelligence that was used to convince the Dems to vote for the war. Or should the Democrats have started their ownCIA/FBI and gather their own intelligence? Bush lied, there is proof that he lied, and the decision for war was based on those lies.

John McCain will most definately get my vote as well! He'll also be getting the votes from the majority of my friends and family.

He is a true American, through and through! I am all for the right to keep and bear arms and it is quite obvious that John McCain and Sarah Palin feel the same. I am currently waiting to receive my NYS pistol license and i'll be damned if those liberals take that right from me after all i went through to get it! Just one reason why team McCain has my vote!

I just truly could never imagine Obama as our President, plain and simple.

...I am currently waiting to receive my NYS pistol license and i'll be damned if those liberals take that right from me after all i went through to get it!...

Hah.

s_permit.jpg

Ahhhhh yes, the WAR.

It is true that we were misled about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, but we were not misled about the Taliban/Al Qaeda connection. Osama and Co. were indeed safe and sound in Afghanistan. As for Saddam, well he and his regime were a threat to U.S. interests, and safety in the region. In 1991 we refused to help the people of Iraq when they rose against Saddam and were gassed and bombed into oblivion. Yes GHW Bush was President then, but a Democrat controlled Congress would not approve any aid, and any unilateral overt action would have had dire consequences to the overall stability in the Middle East at that time.

When in 2003 we did indeed go to war, the Democrats voted in favor because that is what their constituents wanted..action!. It really didn't matter against who, just so long as some Arabs paid for 9/11. The entire country was gripped by war fever and most everyone was happy to see our military kickin some Arab a**. Of course as Operation Iraqi Freedom dragged on, and more and more body bags returned home people became less hawkish. The reality of war in all it's ugliness and violence hit home. The war became unpopular, so like any good politicians, the Democrats who overwhelmingly vote to go to war, now had to do an about face to keep in the graces of the majority. If these Senators and Congressmen had actually been concerned about the WHY of the war they could have and should have investigated further before voting..but they didn't. They voted based on popularity not reality...so is that GWs fault..no it's theirs. Easier to blame someone else than to take responsibilty for their choice.

Now the Democrats want to pull out, because the war has become unpopular..it wasn't over in a week. American suffer from the delusion that war can be somehow sanitary, clean and quick..it isn't. Our miltary has done a superb job, and should be given everything necessary to continue to do so. There actions have made us safer...no terrorist attacks since 9/11 here at home. We have applied pressure through the military to our enemies, and kept them from our shores. A pullback now would jeopordize any gains we've made and only embolden our enemies, while giving creedence to their propaganda. A pullout now would also play right into the hands of Iran. John McCain realizes this and is for staying the course and WINNING..which we can and will do under his leadership.

Mr.Obama's idea of "talking" with Iran is simply ludicrous. The world tried talking to a leader like Ahmadenijad already in the 1930's..his name was Hitler. 50 million dead later the error of that judgement was blatantly evident. And now Pakistan is teetering on collapse under Al Qaeda pressure and the tacit aid of Iran..Pakistan a country in possesion of NUCLEAR WEAPONS may become our enemy. "Talking" won't help..only firm action can keep us safe. The Democratic notion of appeasement has already been proven throughout history to be not only foolhardy but exceedingly dangerous.

I want peace as much as the next guy, and the ability to live in a secure world. Unfortunately that security does not exist at this time, not because of our Country's policies, but because many in this world want to do us harm. John McCain has not promised what people want to hear, he is taking a hard line because that is the reality of the world in which we live. To me, to think otherwise is to live with your head in the sand.

I commend John McCain for his service to our great country, and for his honesty in addressing Iraq. He will make a better Commander in Chief, and one reason why he will get my vote is because we will need just that...a Commander in Chief.

Cogs

Umm.. Bush faked the intelligence that was used to convince the Dems to vote for the war. Or should the Democrats have started their ownCIA/FBI and gather their own intelligence? Bush lied, there is proof that he lied, and the decision for war was based on those lies.

Wether he did or didn't lie is irrevelant to the fact that many Democrats did in fact vote to go to war yet our left wing media along with Democrats continue to throw blame at the Republican party. I am not a big fan of Bush and am not convinced we should be in Iraq either but if Hiliary Clinton truly believed we were misled than why did she vote yes?

I don't buy it. The same Democrats hated Bush before the war, and looked for anything they could to discredit him, then suddenly fell allover themselves to believe him and approved of the war? BS! And the CIA and FBI are filled with employees that do their job, like you and I, regardless of who the president is and what affiliation he ran under. You think all member federal service change their party affiliation every time a new president comes along? The reason we were so mislead has alot to do with the lack of any real intelligence as Clinton wouldn't allow the CIA to do their job properly. I also agree Bush misled us, even though I think his intentions were correct. Saddam needed to be taken out, OBL needs killing.

Instead of focusing on the future, many of these idiots are focused only on proving Bush was a bad president. Done, most of already agree, you need not waste our time and money charging him with anything, as in the end nothing will be done. He'll be gone in a few months. If you were going to impeach him, you should have done so 3 years ago, at this point it's a complete waste of taxpayers dollars, when the Congress and Senate should be focusing on other things.

How can you possibly call an American war hero a "scumbag ?"

McCain wasn't born into millions. His father and grandfather were both naval admirals.

His "wealth" is his wife's. She is not an heir to the Anheuser-Busch family. Her family owns a beer distribtorship in Arizona.

McCain was shot down over North Vietnam and endurred years of torture at the hands of his North Vietnamese jailers. When offered the opportunity to be released, he declined preferring, instead, to remain with his fellow POW's. Read McCain's former #1 NY Times best seller "Faith of Our Fathers." Perhaps if you read a few chapters you might understand the man better.

......and give me abreak about the houses that he owns. Most holders of real estate don't have any idea what the particulars are of their holdinmgs.

You may or may not like politicans....you may or may not like or even vote for John McCain. But know your facts before you make an assinine statement !

ok, i got the name of the beer company wrong...opps...i still think he's a scumbag.

and, it's not necessarily an assinine statement, but it might be an assinine opinion, but as a voter i'm entitled to whatever opinion i choose. he has done nothing, and said nothing that i like and as a member of the I- party i tend to have a non-bias view for party's. other than being a POW, i have no other reason to vote for him.

although i know Obama is a crook, i'll still vote for him bc my assinine opinion is he will be less of a scumbag than McCain.

Bitching about the Pres is something that can go on forever, but he is an important political FIGURE - not necessarily a politician - Congress and the Senate are the powers to be.

In Law it is said that "a good lawyer knows the law and a GREAT lawyer knows the judge" the same goes for the pres, it all depends on how much influence he has on the congress and senate - i think that is a point we as americans lack to see...just making a generic assinine opinion Soooooooo, i shall be voting for obama, bc i think he has a charisima McCain lacks and politicians of both party's say that the way he speaks and presents himself is unlike the competition.

Edited by vacguy

My opinion is that McCain made a smart choice withhis pick for VP. As for the news yesterday I commend Obama for wanting to keep the families out of the politics. It is a unwritten rule to leavethe children alone. PAlin's daughter made a bad choice and now has to live with the consequences like so many other teenagers. It might be something for Palin to work on if they win the election. I also know there may be more things for her to worry about but let's see what happens first.

My opinion is that McCain made a smart choice withhis pick for VP.

he is simply following a new trend that americans feels a woman is competant...still a good choice, but unoriginal and is not favorable among some really hardcore big business (very conservitive) people i know - the essence of the R-party. it is in my assinine ( i like this word now) opinion that he picked her to persuad the D's to give him a second look...and it might work

he is simply following a new trend that americans feels a woman is competant...

You think? I'll bet he did it purely for votes. Not that I don't agree a woman is competant, but lets not overlook the real reason anyone is chosen as VP. And will it work? I doubt it. I hope it does for the sake of the country and wish it wouldn't for the sake of the GOP. The GOP needs to lose the religous base and just work on issues. As long as their decisions are based on religous values they will come across as the high and mighty. The problem is the other side offers little to those of us, who don't want increased taxes, beleive in a strong defense, and are sick of paying for everyone elses issues.

although i know Obama is a crook, i'll still vote for him bc my assinine opinion is he will be less of a scumbag than McCain.

How do you know? The guy hasn't done jack $hit as a legislature so he has no record to stand on. The one thing I gotta give you because I would say the same thing and back you up is you are entitled to your opinion and I like how you stuck to your guns on that one. Even if its wrong :lol: I'll go with history and liberals and find that pretty much their the biggest scumbags. They don't care about half the $hit they say they do, just that they get the vote. Why else would anyone want to lobby to allow those in prison to have the right to vote. Hillary showed it by trying to claw at the democraps nomination, instead of doing what was right for the party.

Ahh yes, the war. Where we liberated millions of oppressed people. Yes we did think their were WMD's. And where the current president did something where he thought he was right to protect us, a hell of a lot more then Bill "let me take the heat off my sex life with tomahawk missile launches" Clinton, who is at fault for 9/11. Allowed some of the most criminal things to occur all in the name of keeping the economy high (let's not forget the economy was crashing his last 2 quarters in office) and how many big companies went down and CEO's went to jail for crap done when he was there? Oh yeah...lying? Who wrote the book on perjury? Who could speak for 20 minutes and not answer a single question. I can only imagine what the democraps would be crying if there had been a WMD incident involving a chem or bio weapon on our soil and found out it came from Iraq. They would be calling for his head that he didn't protect us, he didn't do his job, etc. Please...spare me.

And libs...I gotta love how you all are for peace and hapiness and the little guy (unless your opressed in Iraq, but if your a felon in the U.S. breath easy, they will fight for your parole and to abolish the death penalty, you'll still have guns but they don't want me to have mine!). But I don't remember seeing any republican demonstrators acting like animals, assaulting police officers and damaging property. Way to get your point across...but I know...its Bush's fault, its the cops fault, its Starbucks fault...because we all know its never the liberals fault.

When are all the leftie pinkos and right wing morons in here gonna realize that both Presidential candidates are all part of the same hipocrisy. Both losers. And then you've got an arrogant, pompous, liberal Vice-Presidential candidate on the left who's full of himself, and a knife-throwing, mooseburger eating, igloo living candidate on the right who should be home raising her children (maybe her daughter wouldn't be pregnant at such a young age if she spent more time with her --its obvious she needs more supervision).

Whats this wonderful country coming to? I'm starting to believe that maybe Ralph Nader (whom liberals shun) and Ron Paul (who Republicans refuse to acknowlege exists), may have some good ideas and while they don't have huge followings, I think they are honest and have the country's best interests at heart.

Independent moderates are most likely the future of this country. They are beholden to no one and no single party. Either way those two clowns (McCain/Obama) aren't getting my vote. I'll write my own name in before i cast my ballot for them.

Enjoy your morning coffee!

i just watched this video of palin promoting the hunt of wolves and bears from her home state and i'm pretty disappointed. i have been hunting all my life and i believe in a fair hunt. i know palin is a hunter herself, but to promote the killing of wolves and bears from a helicopter is a discrace. of course there are more important things than hunting wolves and bears from a chopper, but this video helps me understand her mentality - not buying it.

i just watched this video of palin promoting the hunt of wolves and bears from her home state and i'm pretty disappointed. i have been hunting all my life and i believe in a fair hunt. i know palin is a hunter herself, but to promote the killing of wolves and bears from a helicopter is a discrace. of course there are more important things than hunting wolves and bears from a chopper, but this video helps me understand her mentality - not buying it.

Is it? I had a president promoting the hunting of humans from a helicopter...oh I forgot it was a "humanitarian" operation. That pretty much is one of the major U.S. military doctorines, the use of helicopters.

I don't see how that video makes anyone understand her mentality, but if overpopluation is an issue and lets face it, its not like NY where you can pretty much drive upstate, park on the side of the road, trek in a mile and hunt. Some places in Alaska you only get to by helo or by fixed wing that lands on water or ice. Still doesn't make any difference to me.

As far as getting a clue...I think I pretty much have it down. You vote for the person who comes the closest to your ideals and etc. Vote for Nadar...mine as well vote for the republican candidate. Vote for Ron Paul mind as well give your vote to the democraps. I understand the role of the federal government in our federalism based government system. I want someone to give the tools for my state and local government to improve our lives at the local level. Oh yeah, I also want someone in there that I know who will speak softly but carry a big stick and when need be will swing that stick and not take s*** from anyone.

Oh yeah, I also want someone in there that I know who will speak softly but carry a big stick and when need be will swing that stick and not take s*** from anyone.

After watching McCain last night, I really had the overall feeling that as long as we're at war or on the brink of war, I'm always going to go with the candidate who has prior combat experience. The fact that McCain was a POW really propels this further. I like that the man who will be sending our soldiers into combat, has been there and knows the consequences. I trust that a president with that background will truly evaluate the options before committing soldiers to combat. I hardly think a man with his past will ever put our soldiers in harms way on a whim. As for Obama, he might never send them, which will only expose the same soldiers to violence on our soil and extend the same potential to their families as well.

As a note, I must say John Kerry's conduct following his service in Vietnam completely takes him off any eligibility list for office in my book. I wouldn't pi$$ down his throat if his heart was on fire, and I'm a fireman! :lol:

I don't see how that video makes anyone understand her mentality, but if overpopluation is an issue and lets face it, its not like NY where you can pretty much drive upstate, park on the side of the road, trek in a mile and hunt. Some places in Alaska you only get to by helo or by fixed wing that lands on water or ice. Still doesn't make any difference to me.

true, but as an avid hunter and conservationist, hunting from the helicopter is called poaching. the term poaching is a term that consists of legal and moral aspects. as for her mentality, she's (from what i hear) very smart, but alaska might as well be another country - i hear she was on committee, that wanted to detach her state from the USA - don't know any truth from that. things are very different in her state, than of "mainland" america.

true, but as an avid hunter and conservationist, hunting from the helicopter is called poaching. the term poaching is a term that consists of legal and moral aspects. as for her mentality, she's (from what i hear) very smart, but alaska might as well be another country - i hear she was on committee, that wanted to detach her state from the USA - don't know any truth from that. things are very different in her state, than of "mainland" america.

Are we talking about recreational hunting as in "hey bubba, fire up the helicopter so we can go bag a <insert animal here>" or are we talking about herd control by the state environmental conservation agency or its contractors?

If hunting from helicopters is legal in Alaska its not poaching.

poaching

noun

1. trespassing in search of game

2. The illegal shooting, trapping, or taking of game or fish from private or public property.

verb

(present participle of, poach)

Are we talking about recreational hunting as in "hey bubba, fire up the helicopter so we can go bag a <insert animal here>" or are we talking about herd control by the state environmental conservation agency or its contractors?

If hunting from helicopters is legal in Alaska its not poaching.

poaching

noun

1. trespassing in search of game

2. The illegal shooting, trapping, or taking of game or fish from private or public property.

verb

(present participle of, poach)

i know you're a LEO, and there's no pun intended - but please read the quote i have under this post about legailty. like i said the term has a legal portion, as well as a moral/ethical/sportsman-like angle.

Who gives a hoot if she is hunting or poaching? There are to many damn people out there who are more interested in the welfare of animals, trees and noise pollution. Im not saying that these arent important, but we have people who live in cardboard boxes and babies with no health insurance. Lets get priorities in order. BTW the trees and animals where here long before us, and they will long outlive us.

It is great to know I am surrounded by GREAT AMERICANS! God Bless you all!

Lets come out in great strength for McCain - Palin!!

Youre all a great American!!!

If she ends up in the BIG chair, I don't care if she's hunting or poaching..when it comes to our enemies. As long as they end up DEAD !

Cogs

I have to say I have a lot of respect for John McCain. While I am deeply impressed by his military service, I was more impressed by his record of reform, particularly the McCain-Feingold Campaign Finance Reform Bill. I've also always been impressed with his ability to speak out against the current administration and not totally drink the Kool-Aid. I've not been quite as impressed with Barack Obama, and though I generally side with the Democrats, I was still somewhat on the fence on who to vote for.

That all ended with the nomination of Sarah Palin. Here's why:

1. It completely negates the Republican argument that Obama is inexperienced. At least in Obama's case, his nomination can be blamed on people from Iowa and Idaho and what not. The nomination of an even less qualified individual, in this case, falls squarely on Senator McCain. Senator McCain had a slew of much better qualified, and in my opinion, better candidates to choose from. I think the Republicans now have no position to argue Obama's inexperience from any longer.

2. McCain has claimed that he is his own man, that he is willing to disagree with his party. He then chooses someone that is Ultra-Conservative. A better term for her would be a religious extremist. She is against abortion in cases of rape and incest. She is a Creationist. She believes in abstinence only - which seems to have worked real well in her own family. This move can only be to get the blessing of the extreme right-wing of the Republican party. Certainly not the move of a "maverick"

3. McCain has claimed that he would be a candidate that would work with the Democrats to improve bi-partisan relations. While Bush claimed he'd be a uniter, McCain seemed like he really would be one. He then picks someone who relishes her reputation as a "pitbull in lipstick". Her speech was filled with insulting attacks and was nothing but rhetoric with not a shred of anything specific regarding her plans.

It's obvious by this choice that McCain has no real intentions of distancing himself from the Religious Right that has hijacked the Republican Party. I think this was a very poor choice and, all claims to the contrary, she apparently was not even well vetted.

Unfortunately, she will just contribute to the appalling atmosphere of partisan rancor that our political discourse has become. This is what is ruining our country.