Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SRS131EMTFF

Veteran Mahopac Falls firefighter seriously injured in fall

33 posts in this topic

http://www.lohud.com/article/20081020/NEWS04/810200388

Veteran Mahopac Falls firefighter seriously injured in fall

BY TERENCE CORCORAN

MAHOPAC - A longtime volunteer with the Mahopac Falls Fire Department suffered a severe head injury this morning when he fell off a truck firefighters had taken to a local nursery school for a fire-safety demonstration.

Wishing him a speedy recovery,prayers are with him and his family.

All of my thoughts and prayers are with this firefighter, his family and all the members of the Mahopac Falls FD.

God Bless...

Thoughts & Prayers for a Speedy Recovery!

Thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.....

Thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.

Thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.

My thoughts and prayers are with you brother and your family.

Thoughts and Prayers for a full and speedy recovery.

All of my thoughts and prayers are with him and his family and the department. I want to wish him a full and speedy recovery.

Anyone have any updates on our brother???

Last I heard from one the members of their department is that it dosent look too good. I cant be sure, just what I heard from one of their guys

The latest on Lo-Hud

MAHOPAC - Friends and family were pulling for a longtime Mahopac Falls volunteer fireman who was seriously injured Monday when he slipped and fell while setting up for a fire prevention program.

Richard A. Johnson, 75, of Mahopac, remained in critical condition today at Westchester Medical Center in Valhalla, where he was taken after the 10 a.m. accident. He suffered a severe head injury when he fell off a truck at the Pine Grove Nursery School on Baldwin Place Road in Mahopac.

Full link to article: http://www.lohud.com/article/20081021/NEWS01/810210441

Hang in there Bob!

Let me tell you. There are some serious idiots posting on LOHUD.. And Robert.. best wishes to you and your family on a speedy recovery.

Thoughts and prayers for the family and friends. Hope for a speedy recovery as always.

Lohud goes to show there are all kinds of people out there, Bob-hang in there, we are all hoping for the best.

Best of luck to the injured Brother, I hope for a speedy recovery.

I was a member of MFVFD a few years back...Bob joined shortly after I did. One thing I always remember about Bob is his energy and level of dedication. Here's a guy who, in his early 60's, decides to join his local Volunteer Fire Department, volunteer his time, and deal with alot of us "snotnosed" kids. Bob didn't stop with just joining up...I remember seeing Bob on some of those late-night calls, or standing out there in some truly horrible weather as a member of the Fire Police. Every year, when Fire Prevention week came around, there was Bob, volunteering his time for most (if not all) of the daytime visits and presentations. Bob was always one of those guys who you'd see around the firehouse, and he always seemed to be cheerful, always made it a point to say hello.

My thoughts and prayers are with Bob, his family, and his "extended family" at the Falls...