Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

State Police Color Scheme Rumor

49 posts in this topic

Anyone else here this rumor that NY State Police is going to a black-and-white color scheme?

I sure hope this is truly only a rumor, I really like thier current scheme. Black and white for NYSP would be extremly wierd.

Not soooo far fetched..... NYSPD Cars were black and white in the 1960's.

I don't know about the SP going to black and white. But Yorktown PD are supposed to be changing to it. I don't particularly like the new graphics on the Westchester County PD cars either.

I have a hard time differentiating between the WPPD cars with the new color scheme and MTAPD cars; they are very very similar.

Looks like MTA has changed their base coat to Grey / Silver. Scarsdale MTA and WP do all have the same striping now.

I also heard from a Trooper they will be going back to B&W.

the new MTA PD cars with the LEDs and the silver paint with the strips look hot

Black and White is too West Coast...Not that its a bad thing or anything...

Yesterday I saw the new TOWN of Ossining car 20 it is Black & White just like LA California.Car is marked but no lights on roof just windows and dash.

I saw that too - thought it was a Croton PD unit with a V&T stop on 9A south. Nice looking car - just another reason I like the T.O.P.D.

Haha, yeah i saw one of those cars on a v&t stop on Monday night. John, i also thought it was CPD. Thought they followed the car into O-Town territory lol. Its definately a sweet looking car, real sleek with a kick a$$ light package!

I love black an white. Back to the old days!

I love black an white. Back to the old days!

C'mon, Jeff, you're too young to remember the old black and white State Police cars!HAHAHA

Was cruisin' the streets of Briarcliff the other day when I saw a PD cruiser coming towards me. It wasn't a local, I could tell because it was a Malibu, not a CV. The driver flagged me down and at first glance I couldn't recognize what agency it was from. Then I saw the shield and realized it was an NYSP car with a new paint scheme!

All I can say is UUUUUGLY!!

This one was white with a blue stripe and POLICE on the doors.

Was cruisin' the streets of Briarcliff the other day when I saw a PD cruiser coming towards me. It wasn't a local, I could tell because it was a Malibu, not a CV. The driver flagged me down and at first glance I couldn't recognize what agency it was from. Then I saw the shield and realized it was an NYSP car with a new paint scheme!

All I can say is UUUUUGLY!!

Thought your days of bing stopped by the police were long gone.

Those trucks are pretty nice looking. =P~

Yeah, not too bad at all. I'm still kinda partial to the classic Black and White. You know, black front and back with a white center area, roof and all. Hmmmmm, kinda like an oreo.

right on lfdR1......doors and roof white, black for the rest of the car

Wouldn't be a pip if it had a hemi under the hood :peace:

That black and white scheme would kinda be like LAPD and LA County Sheriff and CHP's

can someone post a shot of one of these new cars - i'm in chicago now...

FORD NOW OFFERS THE INTERCEPTOR IN FACTORY BLACK AND WHITE. AND SINCE EVERYTHING COMES DOWN TO DOLLARS AND SENSE ITS PROBABLY A LEGIT RUMOR. IT SEEMS LIKE EVERY AGENCY HERE IN N.J. IS GOING TO B/W. IT TAKES SOME GETTING USED TO BUT THE GRAPHICS CAN MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE. THEY ARE A PAIN IN THE A*S TO KEEP CLEAN. OUR REP'S ARE B/W AND MY UNMARKED IS BLACK AND IT LOOKS GOOD AFTERA BATH BUT TEN MINUTES LATER IT WAS LIKE YOU NEVER WASHED IT.

RICK

The Town of Poughkeepsie used to have these dark blue Ford Tauruses back in the early 90's. They were the sweetest looking cop cars I have ever seen.

Yea but doesnt town of Poughkeepsie now have those ugly lightbars from whelen that raise up

I dunno, I don't think I have set foot in Poughkeepsie in over 10 years.

The Connecticut state P.D. still use the 2001 and newer Ford Taurus. They are regular colors and they don't have tinted windows. They are hard to spot...even when you know they're out there.

They would have a harder time hiding to get people at nigh, the blue cars they have now are very easy to disquise at night.