Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
demps121

What is New York Rescue Response Team?

62 posts in this topic

2 points. 1 serious...1 funny....

OK. I'm going to give in and ask a question and I swear its not a dig to anyone on the site. I thought there were rules of conduct that prohibited the "bashing" or bad mouthing of agencies? If they were an agency in the Hudson Valley posts would be deleted or the thread closed or deleted entirely. As I said I'm not trying to cause a rift..but most of you know I'm pretty fair and am up front and speak my mind. Now with that said..I really don't care nor am offended by anything said. I'm a realist and don't eat cake while wearing rose colored glasses while sharing my space with pink elephants.

Point #2. I love the pic with Paul Blart in it. Classic.

NurseMedic, FFBlaser and BIGRED1 like this

OK. I'm going to give in and ask a question and I swear its not a dig to anyone on the site. I thought there were rules of conduct that prohibited the "bashing" or bad mouthing of agencies? If they were an agency in the Hudson Valley posts would be deleted or the thread closed or deleted entirely.

+1

I was wondering the same thing. And I am from the same camp as ALS - I'm not offended, nor do I really care.

I cracked up at Paul Blart too...classic for sure.

Also - does it not matter to anyone that thsi agency/organization makes not attempt to hide or be conspicuous? The pics show them doing outreach with NYPD and FDNY, as well as operating at incidents. If they were not "legit" would they have all that access?

Just wondering what authority they have to operate with red lights and siren like on their trailer.

There's no provision for it in the approved list of authorized emergency vehicles (below):

Could they be assuming that a trailer wouldn't be considered a vehicle?

Edited by v85

I don't see too much access given to this group. We the exception of the light generator being towed by a FDNY vehicle all the photos and videos show their members in publically accessible areas. Perhaps their uniforms buy them access but from an incident management prospective do I want an agency that I didn't ask for showing up on a scene perhaps operating outside the incident management system with no mandate to subscribe to an accountability system or have a particular mission?

Nice trailer, wonder if anything is inside it.

Could they be assuming that a trailer wouldn't be considered a vehicle?

Trailers are regestered vehicles in NYS

After doing some research, it turns out there are many valid concerns and it is an interesting discussion as to what consitutes a modern day "civil defense" agency. It also is made based on published descriptions on their website.

Deleting the "one liners" and removing some non-contributory content as well as some copyrighted material, we have reopened the thread for dicussion. Please keep the issue to the topic at hand, and any jokes to yourselves.

Thanks to everyone for their patience and cooperation while we looked this over. Keep in mind, if this was your department being discussed in this manner, we would take the same actions.

I would really like to find out if this is a legit organization. If so, I am interested to know exactly what they do, how they get dispatched or requested, there equipment, there officials (Chief, Captain, etc), by-laws. If they are not legitimate, I find is very scary that they are making it inside the fire line so easily. With all the nut jobs out there today, I personal want to be able to trust every person inside the tape and trust that they are all there for a legitimate reason.

When I searched the forums for NYRRT, three threads came up. One thread about 9-11 included NYRRT. Apparently one member of this site was affiliated with NYRRT-1 in Albany...not sure if this is the same thing. If so, perhaps the member can provide us with some insight.

it would be interesting to know if they are a not for profit, or a charitable org, are the registered with the state of NY, do they file a tax return listing the officers of the corporation?

There website says that they do EMS. I noticed that some of their costs are for air way management supplies, splints, oxygen, etc. I am curious to know who their medical director is. Also are they Part-800 compliant?

I might place a call and see who I speak with...

What concerns me is who governs them? Are they part of a response protocol, and have assigned roles? Who dispatches them? Who certifies them as an orginization? Who do they report to on scene, and how does the IC use them?

Or do they just do what every emergency management agency reccomends NOT to do.....freelance?

The almighty google search engine in its infinite wisdom produces some interesting internet chatter when you type in "New York Rescue Response Team". One quote from http://gothamist.com/2007/06/12/daily_news_expo.php has a guest poster quoted as saying: "These guys went out and created corporations with official sounding names like New York Rescue Response Team, Metro New York Search & Rescue..."

From New York State Volunteer Ambulance And Rescue Association July 2010

http://www.nysvara.org/news/2010/jul/100721.pdf

NEW YORK RESCUE RESPONSE TEAM (NYRRT) has started a Fire Safety Program. Members will distribute and

install smoke alarms, which have a battery life of 10 years, free of charge to any senior citizen that

does not have one. The program covers Bensonhurst, Borough Park, Kensington and Midwood

neighborhoods in Brooklyn. There are plans to expand the program to all Brooklyn South

neighborhoods in the coming months. The group also teamed up with the FDNY Fire Safety

Education Unit to distribute free 9 volt batteries donated by the FDNY Foundation. NYRRT has an

interesting assortment of equipment resources. Its website shows two highway construction type

portable generator powered flood light towers with NYRRT markings. At a recent event the group

brought along a large two axel cargo trailer with official plates pulled by a member’s SUV which was

outfitted with emergency lighting. There was also an ex Type III ambulance with official plates, NYC

REMSCO security sticker and NYS DOH inspection sticker on the windshield and blue lights on the rear –

items that mprompt official inquiries. Information about the group, which was incorporated 7/11/06, is

on the web at www.nyrrt.org.

From New York Search and Rescue News:

12 June 2007

NEWS

On Tuesday 12 June 2007, the New York Daily News ran a front page story about a group and/or groups known by the names and/or initials: Metro New York Search and Rescue (MNYSAR); New York Rescue Response Team (NYRRT); New York Rescue Squad (NYRS); and their unauthorized use of official New York State license plates.

Our team, New York Search and Rescue (NYSAR) is -NOT- affiliated with any of these groups and has never worked with any of these groups. Additionally, none of our vehicles bear official New York State license plates and have never had official New York State License Plates.

Our documented record of searching for lost, missing or trapped subjects speaks for itself.

We ARE affiliated with the following organizations: New York State Federation of Search and Rescue (NYSFEDSAR); Search and Rescue Council of New Jersey (SARCNJ); and the New York State Volunteer Ambulance and Rescue Association (NYSVARA).

http://www.newyorksearchandrescue.org/news.html

From The Daily News:

The plate scandal at DMV

State probes how private vehicles got official status

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2007/06/12/2007-06-12_the_plate_scandal_at_dmv-1.html

Edited by bvfdjc316

http://appext9.dos.state.ny.us/corp_public/CORPSEARCH.ENTITY_INFORMATION?p_nameid=3807621&p_corpid=3809251&p_entity_name=%6E%65%77%20%79%6F%72%6B%20%72%65%73%63%75%65&p_name_type=%41&p_search_type=%50%41%52%54%49%41%4C&p_srch_results_page=1

They appear to have filed papers with state Comptrollers office

this may not be NYRRT different address than on there web site

Also google NYRT could be another sham group

Edited by demps121

If you ask me it's just nuts. They have divers? For what? Who's going to take the risk of using them?

Are they even governed by the same laws that protect us during mutual aid responses? If not, they better have really big insurance policies.

There are some really good volunteer search and rescue associations but these guys seem to be trying to branch out into everything.

Whats with the pictures of them with stretchers? Do they have ambulances too? Come on.

There website says that they do EMS. I noticed that some of their costs are for air way management supplies, splints, oxygen, etc. I am curious to know who their medical director is. Also are they Part-800 compliant?

I might place a call and see who I speak with...

You really care that much to call? I can think of about oh...1000 things that are more important to me...like say sitting on the couch and staring at the wall being one of them.

I would really like to find out if this is a legit organization. If so, I am interested to know exactly what they do, how they get dispatched or requested, there equipment, there officials (Chief, Captain, etc), by-laws. If they are not legitimate, I find is very scary that they are making it inside the fire line so easily. With all the nut jobs out there today, I personal want to be able to trust every person inside the tape and trust that they are all there for a legitimate reason.

When I searched the forums for NYRRT, three threads came up. One thread about 9-11 included NYRRT. Apparently one member of this site was affiliated with NYRRT-1 in Albany...not sure if this is the same thing. If so, perhaps the member can provide us with some insight.

That was NYTF-2, formally NYRRT-1. NYTF-2 has NO affiliation at all with these jolly vollies. The old NYRRT-1 was run by NYSOFPC and a national USAR team, it has been renamed NYTF-2 for uniformity.

I somehow doubt they have a CON, at least in the City. Not sure how they can run around with red lights and claim to provide ems services. Maybe the DOH should conduct an investigation. Maybe they are legit... (I strongly doubt it though).

You really care that much to call? I can think of about oh...1000 things that are more important to me...like say sitting on the couch and staring at the wall being one of them.

I probably care just as much as everyone else. But it would definitely give me something to do and probably a laugh while I browse this site and laugh at some of the posts that have been written in which the poster would have made better use of his/her time by "sitting on the couch and staring at the wall."unsure.gif Not saying your post is pointless but, you really care how much other people care?

I can almost say that there is about a one in a million chance that I will make a phone call because come to think of it I really do not care at all, and "sitting on the couch and staring at the wall" would probably infact be a better use of my time. But, if it turns out that this group is not legit and they sneak onto the scene of an incident and cause harm to fire or ems personnel, I sure will wish I had called and potentially uncovered some details that could have put an end to the group and avoided the unfortunate incident.

That was NYTF-2, formally NYRRT-1. NYTF-2 has NO affiliation at all with these jolly vollies. The old NYRRT-1 was run by NYSOFPC and a national USAR team, it has been renamed NYTF-2 for uniformity.

I somehow doubt they have a CON, at least in the City. Not sure how they can run around with red lights and claim to provide ems services. Maybe the DOH should conduct an investigation. Maybe they are legit... (I strongly doubt it though).

Thanks for clearing that up. And I agree, I also highly doubt it they are legit...

Edited by PFDRes47cue

Are we all too afraid to call it what it is? It's a bunch of whackers who can't get real jobs who are playing in the emergency services. Black crown vics and tahoes with emergency lights? For search and rescue? Bull...

These guys are just loose cannons and some probably have some political connections and get away with things for now but the first mishap they'll find themselves out in the cold and nobody will be there to back them up.

Good intentions do not equal legitimacy.

Fatal MVA Cleanup

What exactly are they CLEANING of the engine compartment??? Was there really a fatal accident in a parking lot? (I know possible but....) Also, the only damage appears to be a broken windshield and air bag deployment...

If you look through the pictures, the only damage appears to be a minor dent in the front corner panel and the windshield...maybe the fatality was due to their EMS skills....

Edited by PFDRes47cue

Wouldn't the FDNY SUV have a Division or Battilion number or the EMS symbol on the rear window? With the exceptions of spares?

Ya these guys are back. They were out cutting trees and basically not doing actual rescue work, again. I still don't know how these guys get all this access to the fire scenes. As a funny little aside if you go to there facebook page, you see that there are no updates for about 4 months at a time. When they do post it is always showing them not involved in anyway. Kinda funny

LOL...a thread about these knuckleheads is ripping on elightbars.org...and there are guys defending them!

FirefighterJr likes this

You guys gotta look at it this way. These guys are out there doing the light work (trees down, pumping water, lighting) so that the rescuers can be out there doing actual rescue work. Unless of course you're the kind of company that likes to be tied up on a "tree down" job.